You weren’t the only one getting shot at.
你不是唯一一个被枪击中的人
So they say you saved your buddies.
他们说你救了你的战友
You want to know what I think?
你想知道我怎么想的吗
I think they ought to show every goddamn funeral on TV, live.
我觉得他们该把每一场葬礼都电视直播
Have the president come around from time to time and eulogize…
让总统时不时来参加并且讴歌♥亡者
The vice president, get people used to it.
副总统也行 好让人们习惯
I mean, are we at war or not?
我们到底是不是在打仗
Thank you. Sure thing.
谢谢 不用
Let me know if you guys need anything else.
如果需要别的什么就告诉我
Oh, you know it already, Emily.
你知道我想要什么 艾米莉
I’d like to strap her on
我真想把她绑起来
and wear her like a government-issue gas mask.
像政♥府♥发行的防毒面具一样往我身上套
I got my sights on her, so don’t even go there. Roger that.
我瞧上她了 所以别跟她搭讪 收到
I flgure I could play the sensitivity card.
我想我可以玩儿苦肉计
Tell her what my day was like down in Death Valley.
告诉她我的生活就像在死亡谷里面
Then again, sympathy backfires…
于是又一次 同情心爆发
she’ll never leave.
她就不会离开我
Trust me, I’ve been married three times.
相信我 我结过三次婚
Twice to the same woman.
有两次娶的是同一个人
So now you know what the mission is.
现在你知道任务是什么了
Yeah.
没错
Hey, if you’re not cut out for it…
如果你无法胜任的话
you’re not cut out for it.
你就不适合这工作
So you have a girl?
你有心爱的女人吗
You got to think about it?
还得想一想
Kelly.
凯莉
We were together since we were little kids.
我们还是小孩的时候便在一起
Then when I was deployed, everything-
后来我被调入军中 一切就
She wanted you to commit, you balked…
你想让你对她负责任 你退缩了
And the minute you were gone,
你一走
Jody plunked his ass down in the la-z-boy.
某个张三就占领了你的位置
You probably dodged a bullet.
也许对你而言是件好事
The only reason to get married like that is the extra pay.
只为了那个结婚太不划算
Cut them in, then cut them loose.
搞上她们 再摆脱她们
Of course, they can always get pregnant and bleed you dry.
当然 她们总是可以怀孕 压榨死你
It’s too easy.
这太容易了
I just told her she was free.
我只是告诉她她是自♥由♥的
I didn’t want you knocking on her door.
我没想让你去勾搭她
Yeah, well. Anyway, lot of Shellys out there.
是的 无论如何 世界上的雪莉多得是
Kelly.
是凯莉
You know, up to Vietnam, they used send a telegram.
在越南 人们会发电报
If it was your wife, what would she want?
如果是你老婆 她会想要什么
Why don’t you just kill me, you son of a bitchl
你为什么不杀了我 婊♥子♥养♥的♥!
Yeah! Come on! Come on!
没错 继续 继续
Hey, that was quick.
动作挺快
Are you awake? Just making sure you’re on your toes.
你还醒着吗 我只是确认下你随时准备着没
Is this a joke, sir? No, no. I just
你在开玩笑吗 不 不 我只是
you know, since I stopped drinking, I stay up nights…
自从我戒酒后 我总是熬夜
especially after notifying someone.
尤其是在通知过死讯之后
So you think you might stay on after your enlistment’s up?
服役结束后 你还愿意继续做这个吗
I mean… Hell, you-
见鬼
What’s your E-mail anyway? Do you IM?
你的电子邮箱是多少 你用聊天软件吗
I don’t have a computer.
我没有电脑
Really? How does that work?
真的吗 怎么会呢
Hey, you’re funny.
你很有意思
What? You calling my beeper.
什么 你在呼叫我的传呼机
No, I’m not. Oh, shit.
不 我没有 糟了
Get ready. I’ll meet you on post.
准备好 我在你家门口等你
What’s going on?
怎么了
You gotta get out of here.
你得走了
Don’t look at me like that. I gotta go, so you gotta go.
别那么看我 我要走了 所以你也得走
Come on, let’s go.
快点 起来走吧
I don’t get it. You married or something?
我不明白 你是结婚了还是怎样
No, no. I just got… work.
不 不 我只是要去工作
Work? In the middle of the night all of a sudden?
工作 大半夜突然要去工作
What the do you do? Deliver babies?
你是做什么的 接生婆
Dale Martin. Dale Martin. Dale. Dale.
戴尔·马丁 戴尔·马丁 戴尔 戴尔
Specialist Eric Martin, killed in action-
特种兵埃里克·马丁 在行动中被杀
I got it covered. I’m doing this one.
我来做吧 我做这个
…in Southern Iraq It’s okay. I’ll do it.
在伊♥拉♥克♥南部 没关系 我来做
I’m assigned to do something, I’m going to do it, sir.
我是被派来做事的 我来做这个 长官
Specialist Eric Martin, southern Iraq.
特警埃里克·马丁 伊♥拉♥克♥南部
Well, okay. It’s a man this time.
好吧 这次是个男人
So?
所以呢
Men try harder to keep it together.
男人会尽力控制情绪
They’re also the ones that can hurt you.
但也可能会伤害你
I’m doing this.
我来做这个
Well, then, reach down in your pants…
既然如此 把手伸进裤子
grab a double handful of balls and do it right.
护着你的蛋蛋 然后好好做
Let’s go.
我们走吧
Let’s go.
我们走
Excuse me?
有什么事吗
Mr. Martin?
马丁先生吗
Oh, shit!
该死的
Dale Martin?
戴尔·马丁吗
The secretary of the army has asked me to express his deep regret…
陆军部长要我向您转达他最深的歉意
that your son, specialist Eric Martin,
您的儿子 特种兵埃里克·马丁
was killed in action yesterday…
在昨天的行动中被杀害了
in southern Iraq by sniperfire.
他在伊♥拉♥克♥南部被狙击
You will receive a more complete report as soon as possible, sir.
你会很快收到一份更加详细的报告 先生
What we can tell you right now is that his platoon came under sniper fire.
我们现在能够告诉你的是他的小组受到了狙击
And it was an instant death.
当场死亡
I’m so sorry.
我很抱歉
Look at that tree.
你看那棵树
I said look at that fucking tree.
我叫你看着那棵该死的树
It’s the same age as my son.
它跟我儿子一样年纪
“If I don’t go, who’s gonna go in place of me?”
“如果我不去 谁能代替我去呢”
That’s what he said.
他是这么说的
A casualty assistance officer will contact you in four hours-
伤亡补助处理人员会在四小时内与您联♥系♥
Fucking bastards! will notify you in
该死的混♥蛋♥! 会通知你
will notify you in four hours.
会在四个小时内通知您
Is there a neighbor or a friend or a family member-
是否有邻居 朋友或者亲属
You fucking idiot! that can come and help you in your trying time?
你这该死的白♥痴♥ 能来帮助您度过难关
Why aren’t you there?
你为什么不在那儿
Why aren’t you dead?
你为什么没有死
I’m sorry, sir. Why aren’t you there now?
先生我很抱歉 你现在为什么不在那儿
I’m sorry. Fucking cowards.
我很抱歉 该死的胆小鬼
Let’s go. I don’t care if you’re fucking sorry!
我们走吧 我才不管你♥他♥妈♥是不是抱歉
We’re done here.
我们的任务完成了
Don’t you fucking say you’re sorry to me.
你别他妈再对我说你很抱歉
You want to tell his mother?
你想告诉他妈妈吗
Are you gonna tell his mother?
你要去通知他妈妈吗
He’s fucking 20 years old!
他才二十岁
Keep walking.
继续走
You fucking coward! Keep walking.
你这该死的胆小鬼 继续走
I said I don’t fucking care!
我说了 我他妈不在乎
Sergeant, he touches you again, I’ll handle it.
上士 他再碰你的话 我会处理的
What? Fucking handle what?
什么 你♥他♥妈♥处理什么
You’ll fucking handle what?
你♥他♥妈♥要处理什么
You fucking cowards!
你这该死的胆小鬼
Well, I guess one way or another we’re all god’s children.
我想不管怎样 我们都是上帝的孩子
It’s all fortune cookies to me, sir.
对我来说 只是迷信 长官
I’m not really happy with these drops.
我对这种滴眼药不是很满意
I’m gonna prescribe something else.
我会给你开一些别的药
What’s the doctor saying about the leg?
医生说你的大腿怎么样了
It’s getting better. Though but I’m sort of rooting for the eye.
好些了 但我还是想尽快治好眼睛
It’s not a race.
这不是竞赛
Polytrauma takes a lot of patience.
多发伤治疗需要长♥期♥的坚持
The body parts are literally on different schedules.
身体各部分以不同的速度在逐步恢复
“And all the king’s horses and all the king’s men-” how does it go?
就算有国王所有的骏马与民众 接着是什么