这年头有什么事说得准
How can anyone be absolutely certain about anything?
有时候你该跟着直觉走
Sometimes our intuitions are our best counselors.
在服从直觉之前必须听听教堂的说法
We must listen to Mother Holy Church before we listen to our intuitions.
等等
Wait.
她自称是处♥女♥
She claims to be a virgin.
这个我们倒可以检查
Well, that’s something we can examine…
也可以百分之百确定
and be absolutely certain about.
那就查吧
Let’s find out.
如果她不是呢
What if she’s not?
如果她不是
If she’s not…
我就亲自杀了她
I’ll kill her myself.
没有堕落或奸♥淫♥的痕迹
There is no sign of corruption or violation.
她是纯洁无瑕的
She is intact.
你看到的形象 到底穿着什么衣服
And what, exactly, was this vision wearing?
我不记得了
I don’t remember.
这个形象有给你什么吗
This vision, did it give you anything?
一样东西 戒子或念珠
An object? A ring or a rosary…
或任何证据 让我们可以相信你的话
or anything by which we can verify your claim?
他给我好的建议
He gave me good advice.
你小时候有没有军事经验
During your childhood, did you have any sort of military experience?
没有
No.
可曾学过剑术
Are you practiced in the skills of swordsmanship?
没有 但我很会耍棍
No, but I’m good with a stick.
你知道什么是第戎长炮吗
Do you know what a Dijon Culverin is?
不知道
No.
是大炮的一种
It’s an item of artillery.
你怎么可能解除奥尔良围城之急
How can you expect to raise the siege of Orleans…
你对现代大炮一无所知
if you’re ignorant about modern artillery?
到奥尔良的路还很长 我有优秀副将相伴
The road to Orleans is long, and I have good captains with me.
我会学得很快 相信我
I will learn fast, believe me.
我们很愿意相信你 贞德 但我们觉得
We would like to believe you, Jeanne, but we feel…
如果上帝要我们相信你
that if God wanted us to believe you…
他就会给你一个神迹
he would’ve sent a sign with you.
你可以做什么吗
So, can you do something?
给我们看点什么吧
Show us something?
这样才能证明
A sign to prove…
你是上帝派来的
that you are sent by God.
我不是来表演杂耍的
I did not come here to perform tricks.
我
I…
你们都比我聪明得多
You are all much cleverer than I am.
我是说我大字都不认识一个
I mean, me, I don’t know “A” from “B.”
但我知道这件事
But this much I do know.
当法国人♥民♥血流成河
While the people of France lie bleeding…
你们还穿着华服坐在这里
you sit around in your fine clothes…
想欺骗我
trying to deceive me…
其实你们是在自欺欺人
when you’re only deceiving yourselves.
你们自称是上帝的子民
You say you are men of God…
却看不到他的手引领着我
yet you do not see his hand in having guided me…
穿过敌国千军万马 为你带来神的帮助
through 500 leagues of enemy country to bring you his help.
这还不能证明吗
Is that not proof enough?
还是你们需要更多神迹
Or do you still need more signs?
给我一支军队
Give me an army.
带我到奥尔良
Take me to Orleans.
到时你们就会看到 上帝派我制♥造♥的神迹
And there you will see the sign that I was sent to make.
迪努瓦
Dunois.
-什么事 -一颗大的 冲我们来了
– What? – A big one, straight at us.
哪一边
What side?
窗户那边
Window side.
什么事
What?
终于等到好消息了
I have wonderful news, finally.
他派她过来了 谢天谢地 我们有救了
He is sending her to us. Thanks be to God. We’re saved.
真是 真是太好了
It’s…It’s wonderful.
镇静下 伊特兰斯 说清楚到底什么事
Calm yourself, Xaintrailles. Who has finally done what?
是皇太子 他给我们送来了粮草和军队
The dauphin. He’s sending us food and supplies and an army…
由贞德率领 那个洛林的女子
led byJeanne, the maiden from Lorraine.
是不是很棒
Isn’t it wonderful?
是啊 简直是奇迹
Yes, it’s a miracle.
真不敢相信他们派一个女人过来
I can’t believe they are sending a woman.
真想知道她衣服是什么颜色的
I wonder what color dress she’ll be wearing.
蓝色
Blue.
头发上还系着蓝♥丝♥带♥ 用那个来勒死塔尔博特
With a blue ribbon in her hair to tie up Talbot.
有人知道她到底会骑马吗
Does anyone know if she even knows how to ride a horse?
看来她会骑
She knows.
你们是迪努瓦大人派来的吗
Were you sent by Lord Dunois?
是的
Yes, we were.
-英军在哪里 -到处都是 粮草呢
– Where are the English? – Everywhere. Where’s the food?
还在路上 我先赶来了
It’s coming. I rode on ahead.
我有消息要告诉英军的将军
I have a message for the captain of the English army.
-他叫塔尔博特 -我知道
– his name is Talbot. – I know.
-能带我去见他吗 -他在河对岸
– Can you take me to him? – He’s on the other side of the river.
那谁让你带我到这边来的
So, who gave the order for me to be brought to this side of the river?
老朋友 能再见到你这张老脸还真高兴
Hey, my friend. It’s good to see your ugly damn face again.
-拉希尔 我警告过你不要说脏话 -对不起 贞德
– La Hire, I’m warning you. Don’t swear. – Sorry,Jeanne.
这位是国王的同父异母哥哥迪努瓦大人
Let me introduce the king’s half- brother, the dogged Lord Dunois.
迪努瓦大人 您能带我去河对岸吗
Lord Dunois, will you show me to the other side of the river?
等等 等等
Wait. Wait!
好啊 愿意去就去吧 我可不去
Fine! Go now, if you want! But not with me!
你要对上帝负责 我也要对我的人♥民♥负责
You may have a duty to God, but I have a duty to my people.
我的人都快饿死了
And my people are starving.
我要赶紧把粮食运回城去
Right now, I’m going to take the food back to the city.
你镇静些 跟我回奥尔良吧
And if you can please calm down and let me accompany you to Orleans…
很荣幸欢迎你
it will be my honor to welcome you.
主啊
Jesus Christ.
该死的英国佬要付出代价的
The goddamn English will pay for this.
是的 他们会遭报应的 可你要再说脏话 你也会的
Yes, they will, and so will you if you don’t stop swearing.
进来 欢迎到我的小店来
Come on. I’m happy to welcome you in my tavern.
快进来
Come on in.
拉希尔 吉尔斯 你们过来看看
La Hire, Gilles, let me show you something.
这里是托勒利斯城♥堡♥ 河从这里穿过
Tourelles are around here. The river crosses there.
冷静下 你不能怪这些人
Calm down. You can’t blame those people.
他们几周前就听说你的事了
They’ve been hearing about you for weeks.
没什么好听的 知道为什么吗
There’s nothing to hear! And why is there nothing to hear?
因为我还什么都没做 这又是为什么
Because I haven’t done anything! And why haven’t I?
因为你们没人听我说
‘Cause none of you will listen to me!
你何不过来一起讨论
Why don’t you join us?
我们正在分♥析♥军情
We’re about to discuss the campaign.
对不起
I’m sorry.
从这里开始 塔尔博特在这些堡垒间
So from here, Talbot has spread his forces…
都布置了他的部队
between these forts up here.
据我们侦查 过去几天里
But in the last few days it seems, according to our scouts…
在这个堡垒处聚集了一些部队
that some troops have been deployed to this fort here.
这个大家伙是什么
What about this huge pile down here?
那就是托勒利斯城♥堡♥ 英国人准备以它为基地开展进攻
That’s the Tourelles. The English were planning…
于是我们就把桥拆了
to launch an attack from it, but then we broke down the bridge…
-是我♥干♥的 -是的
– I did. – Yeah.
这样一来他们会安静一阵子
Which should keep them quiet for a while.
我的预感是
Now, my hunch is…
他们会从圣鲁普发动进攻
the attack will come from St. Loup, here.
贞德 你有什么看法呢
And what does Jeanne think?
我没有看法 那是上帝的事情
I don’t think. I leave that to God.
我不管这些 我只负责传达音讯
I am nothing in all of this. I’m just the messenger.
那么
So…
音讯是什么呢
what is the message?
我们给英国人
We give the English…
最后一次机会让他们和平撤军
a last chance to go home in peace.
如果他们拒绝呢
And if they refuse?
如果他们拒绝
If they refuse…
我们就渡过河
we recross the river…
攻击这里
and attack here…
攻击托勒利斯
at the Tourelles.