我不会再参与了
and I won’t be part of it anymore.
我乐意作她的审判 而不是刽子手
I’m willing to be her judge, but not her executioner.
这一点我会保证
That’s what I’m trying to ensure.
判决是在审判结束时下的 戈尚 不是在开始
The verdict comes at the end of a trial, Cauchon. Not at the beginning.
我要回罗马去
I am going back to Rome…
向教皇报告此事
to give my report to our Holy Father, the Pope.
这太荒谬了 我倒成了被审判的人
This is ridiculous. Now I’m the one who’s on trial and being judged.
-把他扣起来 -你们干什么
– Arrest him. – What are you doing?
这是教会法庭 你们无权这么做
This is an ecclesiastical court. You’ve no right to do this.
这是在英国的领地
This is English territory.
我有权做任何事
I have the right to do anything.
明白了吗
Is that clear?
天上的神啊
Our Father who art in heaven…
请在天堂
Thy kingdom come…
宽恕我们 宽恕他们
Forgive us…Forgive them…
宽恕他们吧 宽恕我们吧 宽恕他们吧
Forgive them, then forgive us. Forgive them.
你这是在念叨什么
Why were you yelling?
你在这儿做什么 你不能待在这里 走开
What are you doing here? You can’t stay here! Go away!
为什么 你在等其他人吗
Why? Are you waiting for someone else?
是的
Yes.
-谁 -我的幻觉
– Who? – My visions.
你的幻觉
Your visions.
他们会来这里见你
They’re going to visit you in here?
是的 我是这么恳求的
Yes. That’s what I pray for.
我倒想看看 介意我坐在这边吗
I want to see that. Do you mind if I stay on the side here?
-我不会打扰你的 -不行
– I won’t bother you. – No!
不行 你不能待在这里
No, you can’t! You can’t!
-否则他们就不会来了 -为什么不会
– Or else they won’t come. – Why won’t they?
因为我一定要一个人
Because I have to be alone.
算了 反正他们不会来的
Oh. They won’t come anyway.
-你什么意思 他们不会来吗 -他们为什么来呢
– What do you mean, they won’t come? – Why would they?
因为我一直对上帝很忠诚啊
Because I’ve always been faithful to God…
他所有的指示我都照做了
and I’ve followed everything He’s ever said…
他要求的事我都做到了
and I’ve done everything He’s ever asked me to do.
上帝要你做事情
God asked you to do something?
是的 很多事
Yes, lots of things.
你的意思是 上帝他说
You mean, God said…
“贞德 我需要你”
“I need you,Jeanne”?
可他给了我许多征兆
But He’s sent me signs.
征兆 什么征兆
Signs? What signs?
风 风
The wind. The wind.
风
Wind.
还有云 钟声
And the clouds. Ringing.
钟声 云
Ringing cloud.
跳舞 还有跳舞
The dance. The dance.
剑 田野里的剑
The sword. The sword lying in the field.
那就是征兆
That was a sign.
不 那只是田野里的一把剑
No. That was a sword in a field.
不 不 那是征兆
No. No. That was a sign.
不 那只是田野里的一把剑
No, that was a sword in a field.
可它不会自己跑到那里的
It can’t just get there by itself. It can’t.
剑不会自己跑到那里的
A sword just doesn’t get there by itself.
没错 任何事都会有无数可能 你为何非取其中的一种呢
True. Every event has an infinite number of causes, so why pick one?
要在田野里出现剑有很多途径
There are many ways a sword might find itself in a field.
看来这种解释不错 那这种呢
Seems a perfectly valid explanation, but how about this one?
也不错 还有其他可能
Then again, there are other possibilities.
还有更快的
Or even faster.
还没有算其它的
And that’s without counting the inexplicable.
有这么多可能 你却偏偏选这个
Yet from an infinite number of possibilities, you had to pick this one.
你看到的不是真♥相♥ 贞德
You didn’t see what was,Jeanne.
你看到的是你想要看的罢了
You saw what you wanted to see.
你说有声音对你说话
This voice that you say appears to you…
是天使说的还是圣人说的 或者是上帝亲自说的
is it an angel or a saint, or does it come from God?
我不再跟你说那些了
I won’t tell you any more about that.
不是怕回答你 是怕惹怒上帝
I’m more afraid of displeasing him than not answering you.
你怕说实话会惹怒上帝
You’re afraid of displeasing God by telling the truth?
难道上帝禁止你说实话
Did God forbid you to tell the truth?
我只跟法国国王说 不是你
My revelations were for the king of France, not for you.
你第一眼看见国王时
When you saw your king for the first time…
他头顶上有天使在飞吗
was there an angel over his head?
可能有 我没有看见
If there was one, I did not see it.
没有任何证明 你的国王凭什么相信你
Why did your king believe in you without any proof?
你问他去
Go ask him yourself.
晚饭
Dinner.
你被抓时 是骑着马吗
When you were taken prisoner, did you have a horse?
是的 有一半战马血统 黑色的
Yes. A half- steed. Black.
-马是谁给你的 -国王
– Who gave you that horse? – My king.
他给了你多少
How many did he give you?
五匹战马
Five steeds…
还有几匹一般的马
and a few hackneys.
不少啊 赶上侯爵们了 真是光荣啊
As much as for a lord. What an honor.
除了这些马 国王还有没有给你其他财富
Did your king give you other wealth apart from those horses?
那些给你的衣服呢
What about all those dresses you were given?
是丝绸的 对吗
Silk dresses, weren’t they?
是的
Yes.
是给过我一些
Yes, I was given a few.
可我从没有时间穿
But I never had time to wear them.
作为一个农民来说算很富有了 你有什么好说的
Still, pretty wealthy for a peasant girl, wouldn’t you say?
作为上帝的仆人 你看来也很富有 你有什么好说
You look pretty wealthy for a servant of God, wouldn’t you say?
是你带人进攻巴黎的 是吗
You launched an attack on Paris, didn’t you?
是我
I tried to.
你有没有以上帝的名义
And didn’t you order the citizens of Paris to surrender the city…
命令巴黎的百姓献城投降
in the name of the King of Heaven?
不 我说”向法兰西国王投降吧”
No. I said, “Surrender in the name of the king of France.”
证据上不是这么写的
That is not what is written in the evidence.
你自己看
Look yourself.
我不识字
I can’t read.
我忘了
Yes, I forgot.
上帝竟然派了个不识字的使者来完成这么重要的使命
God sent us an illiterate peasant to carry out such an important mission.
你认为上帝这么做 对吗
Do you think that God made the right decision?
让一个无知的女孩来拯救法国
To take an ignorant girl to save the kingdom of France?
这只有上帝能回答
I leave that answer to God.
靠
Fuck!
冷静一下 大人 求你了
Calm down, my lord. I beg you.
我现在是整个朝廷的笑柄 我怎么冷静得下来
How can I when I’m made the laughingstock of the whole court?
你也看见了 这女孩对付百姓很有一套
You’ve seen how it is. This girl has a way with people…
可我们每天都还是有进展的
but we’re making progress every day.
只要这娘们还活着 我们军队就拒绝打仗 你明白么
As long as that bitch remains alive, our armies refuse to fight. Understand?
他们要确定上帝是站在我们这边
They need proof that God is on their side.
我们不能烧死她 你们才能那么做
It’s not for us to burn her. That’s your prerogative.
你们的任务就是找出她的罪过
And it’s your prerogative to find her guilty!
除非她承认亵渎了上帝 否则我们不能那么做
But we can’t do that unless she admits to blasphemy.
你还等什么
What are you waiting for?
这城♥堡♥里的刑具应有尽有 严刑拷打啊
You’ve got a castle full of racks, ropes and pulleys. Torture the bitch!
那样她什么都不会说的
You’ll never get anything out of her that way.
还有
And besides…
我的几个同僚 已经害怕了
you must realize that several of my colleagues are, well, scared.
害怕 害怕一个女孩
Scared? Of a girl?
害怕犯错误
Scared to make a mistake.
万一她是对的呢
Suppose she’s right.
万一她真是上帝派来的呢
Suppose she has been sent by God.
-你站在谁那边 戈尚 -我只站在教会这边
– Who’s side are you on, Cauchon? – I’m on the side of Holy Mother Church.
你有剑吗
Do you have a sword?
-有不少 -你不是还常带着旗吗
– Quite a few. – Didn’t you also carry a banner?
是的
Yes.
你更喜欢哪个 旗还是剑
Which do you prefer? Your banner or your sword?
我绝对是喜欢我的旗
I was 40 times more fond of my banner.
为什么 它有什么特殊的价值或者力量
Why? Did it have some particular value or power?
只是
It’s just…
-剑是武器 -所以呢
– A sword is a weapon. – And?