What? Are you crazy?
你要放弃这次机会吗?
Will you waste this opportunity?
你一定要去
You must go.
你是我们的希望
You are our hope.
2005年10月6日 政♥府♥会汇编了《情况问询自♥由♥》
这么多案件档案
That’s a lot of case files.
政♥府♥已经领先我们四年了
Well, the government’s had a four-year head start on us.
好吧
All right.
搞什么?
What the fuck?
嘿
Hey.
你们今天没来看我
You guys didn’t come see me today.
你的笔友有什么最新消息吗?
What’s the latest from your pen pal?
什么五角大楼的印刷工发飙了吗?
What, did the printer at the Pentagon have a hissy fit?
这他妈的是什么肯特?都被划去了
What the fuck is this, Kent? It’s all redacted.
嘿不管发生什么都由我负责
Hey, I’m responsible for what goes out.
如果你对调查出来的东西有意见
You got a problem with what comes in,
就去找政♥府♥ 该死的
you take it up with the government. Goddamn it.
斯图长官
Stu. -Sir.
我明天要和威特·科布吃午饭
I’m gonna grab some lunch with Whit Cobb tomorrow.
他要求我们确定审判日期
He’s gonna ask us to set a trial date.
我们还没到那一步长官我们还在试图证明
We’re not there yet, sir. We’re still trying to corroborate.
你已经有一箱箱的证据了
You’ve got boxes of corroboration.
FB都没有这么多
The FBI didn’t have this much evidence on Gotti.
严格来说这不是证据都是些道听途说而已
Technically, this ain’t evidence, sir. It’s just hearsay.
斯拉希说了这个那个还说了那个
Summaries. Slahi said this, that and the other.
但我们不知道他什么时候对谁说的
But we have no idea when he said it or who he said it to,
这些才算是证据
the res gestae of it all.
如果我们不跟他们定个日期他们很快就会给我们定好日期
If we don’t give the OGC a date, pretty soon they’re gonna give us one.
看来我们得另想办法了
Well, looks like we’re gonna have to find another way
一招制敌
to cut the head off this snake.
弗吉尼亚理工大学今天
哇!这是在干什么?散步吗?
No! What the hell are you doing, running the ball on third and long?
天啊!-开玩笑吗!
Come on, man! -You’re kidding me!
尼尔我觉得有东西烧焦了
Neil, I think something’s burning.
我从办公室就能闻到它的味道
I can smell it all the way from the office.
太垃圾了!什么鬼
It’s awful! -Aw, man.
擦
Shit.
走,走 你错过比赛了
Go, go. You’re missing the game.
加油加油!
Come on, come on!
你大老远开车过来
Please tell me you didn’t drive all the way down here
可不单单是为了橄榄球和叙旧吧
for anything other than football and fellowship.
白宫逼得我喘不过气来我得指控斯拉希
The White House is breathing down my neck to charge Slahi,
我还在摸索着前进
and I’m still fumbling around for a light switch.
好吧让我来告诉你怎么做
Well, okay. How about I tell you what?
我可以给你找一个联络员他们就不会催你了
I can swing you an agency liaison for your task force.
他们没有权力这么做
They won’t have the horsepower.
你想要什么?
What are you asking for?
你一直在局内
You’ve been on the inside of these things.
我怎样才能得到MFR最初的笔记?
How do I get myself the MFRs, the original notes?
别别斯图别指望我伙计
You don’t, Stu. Don’t lean on me, man.
你知道原始资料只有情报部门才能用
Look, you know that the raw stuff’s only for the intel community,
不能作为审判的证据
not evidence for trial.
但事实就是这样
But that’s where this is heading.
如果我带着两万份摘要出现
If I turn up with 20,000 summaries,
除非我有完整的证据证明
unless I have one put-it-in-the-bag piece of evidence,
斯拉希就肯定能出狱了
Slahi’s gonna walk.
我不能让这种事在我这儿发生
And I can’t have that.
你知道曼德尔将军是谁吗?-不知道
You know who -General Mandel is? -No.
他负责JTF的审讯
He oversees the JTF interrogations.
他也是唯一一个可以签署MFR的人
He’s the only person who can sign off on the MFRs.
所以我得去关塔那摩监狱?
So, I gotta go down to Gitmo?
是啊将军不会主动来找你的小伙子
Yeah. Well, the general’s not coming to you, sport.
你认真的吗?你怎么知道?
Are you serious? How do you know this?
“要很多糖六大匙”你妈妈说得很具体
“Lots of sugar. Six tablespoons.” Your mom was very specific.
你们和她谈过了吗?
You guys speak with her?
她说什么了?她还好吗?
What did she say? She is good?
她很好
Yeah, she’s good.
她想让我告诉你你哥哥耶迪
Uh, she wanted me to tell you that your brother, Yahdih–
耶合迪-耶合迪
Yahdih. -Yahdih.
他搬回了家
He moved back home.
你侄女有了一个女儿还有个小宝宝快出生了
And your niece has a daughter and another little one on the way,
如果是个男孩他们会以你的名字命名
and if it’s a boy, they’re gonna name him after you.
已经有两个孩子了
Two children already.
你的信已经收到了
Your letters have been coming through.
它们怎么样?你检查封条了吗?
They were good? You checked the seals?
没有被动过手脚
Nothing’s been tampered with.
你百分百确定?-确定
You sure? 100%? -Yes.
你得继续写因为你的信是无价的
And you need to keep writing, ’cause your letters are invaluable,
尤其是现在
especially now.
政♥府♥不会给我们看他们掌握的对你不利的证据
The government won’t show us the evidence they have against you.
因为他们没有证据
Because they have none.
你放心我会继续写的
You’ll see, I’ll keep writing.
它们
And, uh, they are…
它们好吗?我的信?
They are good? My letters?
我是说你能看明白吗?
I mean, you understand everything?
它们真的很棒
No, they’re great.
你应该当一名作家
You should’ve been a writer.
下辈子吧上帝保佑
Next life, God willing.
不我是认真的
No, I mean it.
即使是那些特权小组也喜欢读它们
Even the Privilege team enjoys reading them.
什么?什么?
What? What?
什么是”特权小组”?-没关系
What’s “Privilege team”? -It’s okay.
他们和控方是分开的-不不不
They’re separate -from the prosecution. -No, no, no, no, no.
谁在看我的信?你和我说是律师-当事人
Who is reading? You say to me attorney-client.
我是客户你是律师
I am client, you are attorney.
到底什么是特权小组?
What the fuck is Privilege team?
是一个独♥立♥的机构
It’s an independent body.
他们评估你的信件并决定哪些需要保密
They evaluate your letters and determine what needs to remain classified.
但他们与政♥府♥和检察机关隔绝
But they’re walled off from the government and the prosecution.
如果狱警读了这些信了呢?我就在这里
If my guards read the letters, I am here.
他们要搞的人是我不是你
It’s me they will fuck, not you.
没有特权小组我们无法继续
We can’t go forward without the Privilege team.
现在就是这样
Now, that’s all there is to it.
你要相信我好吗?我们还没上场呢
You gotta trust me, all right? We haven’t even gotten in the ring yet.
好的
Okay.
很好
Good.
现在我需要你起诉政♥府♥
Now I need you to sue the government.
一什么?
What?
我们必须计划行动发起反击了
We have to file a motion to compel to get them
让他们公布对你不利的证据
to release the evidence that they have against you.
我们不能对抗我们不知道的东西
We can’t fight what we don’t know.
听我说嗯?
I mean what I say.
根本没有证据我相信你你也得相信我
There’s no evidence. I trust you, you trust me.
我是无辜的我是无辜的好吗?
I am innocent. I am innocent, okay?
你要看什么才能相信我?
What do you need to see to believe this?
我们相信什么并不重要重要的是我们能证明什么
It doesn’t matter what we believe. What matters is what we can prove.
你就像审问我的人和他们一样
You’re like my interrogators, just like them.
我们知道你是无辜的
We know that you’re innocent.
我们知道 但我们必须证明你是无辜的
We do. But we have to prove that,
而除非我们看到对你的指控否则我们不能这么做
and we can’t do that unless we see the allegations against you.
这就是我们想要的
That’s all we’re asking for.
你想起诉谁?
Who do you want to sue?
你说的是”政♥府♥ 这意味着什么?
You say, “Government.” What does it mean?
起诉书上会有三个名字:
There’ll be three names on the lawsuit.
美♥利♥坚♥合众国唐纳德·拉♥姆♥斯♥菲♥尔♥德♥和乔治·W·布♥什♥
The United States of America, Donald Rumsfeld and George W. Bush.
当然当然
Sure. Sure.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
你知道他只想听你说我们相信他是无辜的
You know, all he wanted was to hear that we believed he was innocent.
你为什么不直接说?
Why wouldn’t you just say it?
我想我算错了茶的份量
Think I miscalculated on the tea.
我坚持不了三个半小时
I’m not gonna last three and a half hours.
你要什么吗?不用