No reason in particular.
我只是不想让你一个人
I just didn’t want you to be alone.
长官
Sir. -Sir.
叛徒
Traitor.
长官
Sir.
谢谢你大老远跑来
Thanks for schlepping all the way out here.
没什么
No problem.
我在环城高速公路内的任何地方
I’m not really that much of a welcome presence
并不是那么受欢迎所以
anywhere inside of the Beltway, so…
我能要一个吗?
Can I get one of them?
我想谢谢你你做得对
I wanted to thank you. You did the right thing.
是啊我的圣诞礼物清单越来越短了
Yeah, well, my Christmas list just got a little shorter.
这是肯定的
That’s for sure.
你的不可能比我的短
Can’t be any shorter than mine.
上帝会为他的命令付出代价无论如何他都会让它发挥作用
Well, God pays for what he orders. One way or another, he’ll make it work.
给您先生
Here you go, sir.
你真的相信吗?
You really believe that?
是的
I do.
你知道的我想我知道他们为什么要在那里建营地了
You know, I think I figured out why they built the camp down there.
我们都错了
And we were both wrong.
他们并不是想让那些被拘留者远离法庭
It’s not the detainees they were trying to keep out of the courts.
是狱卒
It’s the jailers.
我的当事人不是嫌疑犯 他是目击证人
My client, he’s not a suspect. He’s a witness.
你有没有打开过实际的退货箱32号♥?
Did you ever open up factual return box 32?
它只是标有“翻译” 但看看里面
It’s just labeled “Translations,” but look inside.
我想你会喜欢你所看到的
I think you might like what you see.
32号♥箱好的
Box 32. Okay.
开庭日期是什么时候?
When’s the court date?
几个星期后
Couple of weeks.
罗伯森法官他是个严厉的法官
Judge Robertson. He’s a tough judge.
当然是
Sure is.
说服他你已经说服了我
Convince him, you’ve convinced me.
我的意思是别误会我的意思
I mean, don’t get me wrong.
如果有任何证据证明斯拉希有罪
If there’s any untainted evidence that Slahi’s guilty,
我要亲自把针扎进他的胳膊里
I’ll stick the needle in his arm myself.
我也希望如此
I’d expect nothing less.
请进
Come in.
他通过了两次测谎
He passed the polygraph, twice.
曾经甚至连一次测谎都很难通过
Hard to beat the lie detector even once.
这不会在法庭上站得住脚 但是 很高兴知道这些
Won’t stand up in court, but, yeah, it’s nice to know.
32号♥箱 我们错过了它
Box 32. We missed it.
那是谁?
Who’s that?
马赛
That’s Marseille.
他的真名叫艾哈迈德贾巴尔 IRC帮我找到了他的妻子萨米娅
His real name is Ahmed Jabar. The IRC helped me find his wife, Samia.
寡妇
Widow.
等等你要去哪?
Wait. Where are you going?
进来吧关上门
Come on in. Close the door.
我们还有很多工作要做
We got a lot of work to do.
美国公民自♥由♥联盟的南希·霍兰德和特雷萨邓肯代表请♥愿♥者
Nancy Hollander and Theresa Duncan with the ACLU represent the petitioner.
约瑟夫弗里奥和罗伯特巴顿代表被告
Joseph Folio and Robert Patton represent the respondent.
大家早上好
Good morning, everybody.
关塔那摩早上好
Good morning to Guantánamo.
我们已经对今天要遵循的程序
We’ve had some preliminary discussion
进行了一些初步讨论
of the procedures we’ll follow today.
请♥愿♥人有什么问题吗
Does the petitioner have any questions?
什么?他在邀请我?
What? He’s asking me?
我是请求者?是的是你
I am the petitioner? Yeah, it’s you.
是的
Yes.
他在说什么?我听不见他说什么
What’s he saying? I can’t hear him.
你能把线路开大一点吗?
Can you open that line a little wider?
为什么他们听不到我说话?这里一切正常
Why can’t they hear me? It all works here.
你能听到我吗
Can you hear me?
是的我们现在知道了是的
Yep, we’re getting that now. Yeah.
你现在能听见我吗
You can hear me now?
我们都能听到你的声音穆罕默都
We can all hear you, Mohamedou.
南希你确定吗?
Are you certain, Nancy?
是的别担心每个人都能听到你
Yes. Don’t worry. Everyone can hear you.
拘留犯会出庭作证吗?他知道自己不必出庭对吧?
Is the detainee gonna testify? He understands he doesn’t have to, yes?
是的法官大人他希望作证
Yes, Your Honor. He wishes to testify.
他知道自己在为生命而战他没有什么好隐瞒的
Uh, he knows that he is fighting for his life, and he has nothing to hide.
斯拉希先生
Mr. Slahi,
请举起你的右手
would you please raise your right hand
然后跟着我念
and repeat after me?
我 -我
“I…”I…
请说出你的名字
State your name.
说出你的名字
State your name.
说出你的名字
Say your name.
穆罕默都乌尔德斯拉希
Mohamedou Ould Slahi.
“我庄严宣誓
“I solemnly swear to tell the truth,
我所说的一切都是事实绝无虚言”
the whole truth and nothing but the truth.”
我庄严地发誓我所说的一切都是事实绝无虚言
I solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
拘留者请讲
Go ahead, detainee.
谢谢你法官大人
Thank you, Your Honor.
在我的家乡我们知道不要相信警♥察♥
Where I’m from, we know not to trust the police.
我们知道法律是腐♥败♥的我们知道政♥府♥利用恐惧来控制我们
We know the law is corrupt, and we know the government using fear to control us.
当我十几岁的时候搬到德国
And when I moved to Germany as a teenager,
这是我第一次体验到生活在一个人们不怕警♥察♥的地方
for the first time I experienced living where people do not fear the police…
他们相信法律会保护他们
where they believe the law protects them.
对我和世界上许多人来说美国就是这样
For me and for so many people in the world, America is like this.
即使在毛里塔尼亚我们也看了《法律与秩序》和《甜心俏佳人》
Even in Mauritania, we have watched Law and Order and Ally McBeal.
当我第一次来到关塔那摩
And when I first arrive at Guantánamo…
我很高兴因为我相信美国的正义
I’m happy because I trusted in American justice.
永远不会
Never…
我从来不相信我会不经审判就被关上八年
Never did I believe I would be eight years a prisoner without trial,
美♥利♥坚♥合众国
and that the United States of America
会用恐惧和恐怖来控制我
would use fear and terror to control me.
我在这里的所有时间都被告知“你是有罪的
All my time here, I have been told, “You are guilty.
你是有罪的
You are guilty.”
不是因为我做过的事或者已经被证明的事
Not for something that I have done or that has been proved…
而是因为怀疑和关联
but because of suspicions and associations.
如果你对美国有意见
If you have a problem with the United States of America,
你永远都会有这个问题
you will have that problem forever.
绑♥架♥我的人不会原谅我从未做过的事
My captors cannot forgive me for something that I have never done.
但我试着去原谅
But I am trying to forgive.
我想原谅
I want to forgive…
因为这是阿♥拉♥ 我的上帝想要的
because that is what Allah, my God, wants.
因为这个原因你知道我不会对那些虐待我的人怀恨在心
For this reason, I do not hold a grudge against those who abused me, you know.
在阿♥拉♥伯语中“自♥由♥”和“宽恕”
In Arabic, the word for “free” and the word for “forgiveness”
是同一个词
is the same word.
就是这样即使在这里我也可以自♥由♥
This is how, even here, I can be free.
八年来我一直梦想进入法庭
For eight years, I have been dreaming of being in a courtroom…
现在我在这里
and now that I’m here,
真的 我怕得要死
really– I am scared to death.
但是
But, uh…
但我希望我能找到平静
But I hope I can find peace.
因为
Because…
我相信这个法庭是由法律引导的
I believe this court is guided by law…
不是恐惧
not fear.
所以
So…
不管你怎么决定法官大人
whatever you decide, Your Honor…
我可以接受
I can accept it.
愿上帝宽恕我们愿上帝与我们同在
May God forgive us, and may God be with us.
他们听到了吗?
They heard me?
给760的信
Mail for 760.
该死
Oh, shit.
伙计们
Guys.
我赢了
I won.
什么?什么?
What? -What?
我赢了官司
I won my case.
看这里写着呢我要回家了!
Look, it’s written here. I’m going home!
很好伙计