who’s a newspaper man.
我们一起参加了朝鲜战争
We were in Korea together.
Shaw先生,外面有人想见你
Mr. Shaw, there’s a gentleman outside
to see you.
– 谁?
– 是个东方人,先生
– A gentleman?
– An Oriental gentleman, sir.
他说他是你的战友
He said he was in the army with you.
我不记得我有东方人战友
There were no Oriental gentlemen
in the army with me.
他坚持要见你,先生,特别坚持
He is very insistent, sir.
好吧,让他进来吧
All right, show him in.
我是春锦,Shaw先生,长官
I am Chunjin, Mr. Shaw, sir.
我当时是52团查理连队的翻译
I was interpreter attached
to Charlie Company, 52nd Regiment.
是,我想起来了
Yes, I remember you.
你是侦察队的向导兼翻译
You were the guide and interpreter
to the patrol.
我能为你做点什么?
What can I do for you?
– 我是说,你来这儿干什么?
– 你父亲没跟你说吗?
– I mean, what are you doing here?
– Your father did not say to you?
– 我父亲?
– 是的,Iselin参议员,我给他写…
– My father?
– Yes. Sen. Iselin. I write to…
他不是我父亲
Sen. Iselin is not my father.
我再重复一遍,他不是我父亲
Repeat, he is not my father.
如果你来美国这一趟什么也没学到,
那就把这个事实记住吧
If you learn nothing else on your visit
to this country, memorize that fact.
我给Iselin参议员写了信
I write to Sen. Iselin.
我告诉他我曾是你们侦察队的翻译
I tell him how I interpret
your outfit.
我跟他说我想来美国,他给我办了签证
I tell him I want to come to America.
He get me visa.
现在我需要一份工作
Now I need job.
工作?
A job?
是的,长官,Shaw先生
Yes, sir, Mr. Shaw.
但是亲爱的朋友,我们这儿不需要翻译
But, my dear fellow,
we don’t need interpreters here.
在美国大家都说英语,要韩语翻译干嘛
We all speak the same language.
我是个裁缝,我会修东西
我是个厨师,我会开车
I am tailor and mender.
I am cook, I drive car.
我是个清洁工,洗碗工,我什么都能修,
我能帮你收信回信
I am cleaner and scrubber.
I fix anything. I take message.
我住我表哥家
I sleep at house of my cousin.
我来你这儿找工作…
I ask for job with you…
是因为我知道你是那个救了我的命的好人
because you are a great man
who saved my life.
我觉得我会需要一个贴身男仆
I could use a valet, I think.
并且还想要个厨子,我强调一下,
得是个好厨子
And I would like having a cook.
A good cook, I mean.
好的,你可以住你表哥家
Very well, you can live at your cousin’s.
我每周付你60刀
I will pay you $ 60 a week.
你可以每个周四和隔周周日休息
You will have every Thursday
and every other Sunday off.
谢谢你,Shaw先生
Thank you, Mr. Shaw.
我过会儿要去华盛顿
I’m leaving for Washington
in a few minutes.
晚上8:10分回来,希望桌上会有坐好的晚餐等着我
I’ll be back here by 8:10 p.m.
I would like to have dinner waiting.
好的长官,Shaw先生
Yes, sir, Mr. Shaw.
晚饭会像在军队那时一样
Just like United States Army.
哦,上帝啊,别
Oh, God, I hope not.
你今天下午一定会有非凡的表现的,亲爱的..
You’re going to be marvelous
in there this afternoon, hon…
我知道你会的
ljust know you are.
只有一件事儿还困扰着我,宝贝儿
There’s just one thing, babe.
如果我们能把国防部里的共♥产♥党人数…
I’d be a lot happier if we could just
settle on the number…
确定下来,我会更高兴的
of Communists I know there are
in the Defense Department.
我是说,你总是把这个数字变来变去…
I mean, the way you keep changing
the figures on me all the time…
这让我看上去像个疯子,像个白♥痴♥
it makes me look like
some kind of a nut, an idiot.
甚至还有人拿这个开我玩笑
The boys were even starting
to kid me about it.
就昨天,在衣帽间,他们说:“嘿,Johnny…”
Just yesterday in the cloakroom,
they said, ‘Hey, Johnny’…
如果你出尔反尔,那你会像个更大的傻瓜
You’ll look like an even bigger idiot
if you don’t get in there and do exactly what you’re told
整个美国的报纸都在报道谁?都在讨论什么?
Who are they writing about all over
this country, and what are they saying?
他们写的是:“国防部里有共♥产♥党吗?”
是吗?
Are they saying, ‘Are there any
Communists in the Defense Department? ‘
当然不是,他们写的是…
Of course not.
They’re saying…
“国防部里有多少共♥产♥党?”
‘How many Communists
are there in the Defense Department? ‘
所以别突然装的像很有经验似的说话…
So stop talking like an expert
all of a sudden…
坐好你该做的,出去说你应该说的,
就行了
and get out there and
say what you’re supposed to say.
别这样,宝贝儿
Come on, babe.
我很抱歉,亲爱的
I’m sorry, hon.
如果我们把数字定下来会对你有帮助吗?
Would it really make it easier for you
if we settled on just one number?
一个确定的简单的数字最好了,
我还好记
Just one real simple number
that will be easy for me to remember.
现在,在国防部里…
There are exactly
57 card-carrying members…
确切地说,有57名正式的共♥产♥党员
of the Communist Party in
the Department of Defense at this time.
演讲者请注意议事程序
Point of order, Mr. Speaker.
Raymond到底做了什么事?
What was Raymond doing
with his hands?
那些老太太是怎么变成俄♥罗♥斯♥人的?
How did the old ladies
turn into Russians?
Raymond到底做了什么事?
What was Raymond doing
with his hands?
那些老太太是怎么变成俄♥罗♥斯♥人的?
Raymond到底做了什么事?
How did the old ladies turn into Russians?
What was Raymond doing with his hands?
你在这儿干嘛?
What were you doing there?
Raymond到底做了什么事?
What was Raymond doing
with his hands?
你在这儿干嘛?
What were you doing there?
我得说,你让警♥察♥局的人打电♥话♥给我,约我出来,
It was original of you to have
the police department call so shyly…
这个方式很新颖,也显得你很害羞
and ask for our first date.
他们问我想打给谁…
They asked me who
I’d be willing to…
我知道,谢谢你,非常感谢
I know, and thank you,thank you very much.
我得去找Raymond,说不定他现在在家
I’ve got to find Raymond.
Maybe he’s home by now.
好的,亲爱的,你想干嘛都行
All right, darling.
Whatever you want.
但首先,我得告诉你点事
But first, I have something to tell you.
你知道在你聪明地利用警♥察♥约我的时候,
我在干嘛吗?
You know what I was doing
when you so cleverly had the police call?
别猜了,你太累了
Don’t bother trying to guess,
you’re too tired.
我直接告诉你吧
I’ll tell you what I was doing.
在我下车之后…
After I dropped you off…
我就直接往家走,然后我上楼…
I went straight home,
and when I got upstairs…
– 3B号♥公♥寓♥
– 是的,很好
– Apartment 3 B.
– That’s right. Very good.
在我脱下大衣之前,我给我的未婚夫打了电♥话♥
Before I even took my coat off,
I telephoned my fiance
我跟你说了我没结婚
但我没说我没订婚
I told you I wasn’t married,
I never said I wasn’t engaged.
继续,我给他打了电♥话♥,
Well, I called up my fiance
and he came over as soon as he could…
他飞快地赶来了…
which was instantly…
然后我告诉他,我遇见了你…
and I told him
I had just met you…
然后我把戒指还给了他
and I gave him his ring back.
我试着告诉他,我对我可能给他造成的痛苦,
表示遗憾
I tried to convey my regrets for
whatever pain I might be causing him.
这时,警♥察♥打来了,说你邀请我去第24分局见你
Just then, you had the police call to invite
me to meet you at the 24th Precinct.
所以我抓起大衣,亲了我的未婚夫一下,
So I grabbed my coat,
kissed my fiance on the cheek…
这是我们俩的最后一吻
for the last time in our lives