你疯了?你还抽
You crazy? You pump it.
总要宣泄出来啊
You can’t hold it down.
关掉开关嘛 – 冷水还没出来 不行
Just turn the key. – Not when it’s cold.
冷水出来就关掉
Well, if it’s cold, choke it.
继续抽
And pump it.
抽了几次?
How many time?
艾德克雷恩?
Ed Crane?
我是
I’m Crane.
外面谈 – 可以
Come on outside. – Sure.
我是警官波斯基 他是克雷伯
I’m officer Persky. This is Krebs.
我们要干嘛?
Well, we goin’?
抽根烟?
Cigarette?
好
Right.
有个消息要通知你
Pete’s got some news for ya.
就是
Look, pal, um,
有点难以启齿
It’s a tough break, but, um,
管他的 你的太太被逮捕了
Well, damn it, your wife’s been pinched.
他们派我们来跟你讲
They sent us around to tell you.
他们派我们来通知你
They sent us around to tell you. We pulled the detail.
我太太?
My wife?
已经关进郡监狱了
Yeah, they brung her down to county jail.
杀人罪嫌
Homicide.
盗用公♥款♥
Well, embezzlement…
还有杀人
And homicide.
戴夫布雷斯特被她
Guy named David Brewster. He’s the guy she…
他是死者
H-He’s the decedent.
我不了解?
I don’t understand.
就是挂了
He’s the dead guy.
真不知从何说起
Yeah, it’s a tough break.
会客五点整结束
Visiting ends at 5:00.
今天来不及了 但是
Oh, uh, missed it today, but, uh,
你明天可以去看她
You can go see her tomorrow.
不好意思
Sorry, pal.
他们派我们来通知你的
They sent us to tell ya.
用抽签的
Crab detail.
嗨 华尔特 – 嗨 艾德
Hello, Walter. – Hello, Ed.
谢谢你让我来你家
Thanks. Thanks for seein’ me at home.
胡扯什么 要喝一杯吗?
Oh, hell. Want a drink?
不喝 谢谢
Uh, no, thanks.
你确定你不要喝点?
You sure you don’t need one?
我没事
I’m fine.
老弟 – 嗯
Boy. – Yeah.
老天爷
Jesus.
我该怎么
So, uh, What do l, uh…
当然啦 我
Of course, uh, l, uh…
实在超出我的专长领域
It’s out of my league.
我对遗嘱跟不动产方面比较熟
No, I… no, I… do probate and real estate…
还有产权调查
And title search.
我不够格啦 就像这样不够格啦
I’d be absolutely worthless, somethin’ like this. Absolutely worthless.
抱歉
Excuse me.
刚刚吃完晚餐
I just finished dinner.
朵莉丝最好请郡公设辩护律师
Frankly, Doris’d be better off with the county defender.
他人不错吗?- 伯特人不错
He a good man? – Bert’s okay.
好人一个
Yeah, he… he’s a good man.
我不是说着玩的
Listen. I won’t kid you, Ed.
周遭再也找不到 有谁对这种事情更有经验的了
Uh, there’s nobody around here has any experience with this kind of thing.
听说检察官已经来了
I hear they’re bringing a prosecutor up.
从山克拉门都来的
From, uh, Sacramento.
死罪一条 他们很严肃看待
It’s a capital offense. They’re taking it seriously.
所以 – 就是说会严办
So… – They’re taking it seriously.
所以 你知道会
So, what-what, uh…
爸 你还要再倒咖啡吗?嗨 克雷恩先生
Do you want any more coffee, dad? Oh, hi, Mr. Crane.
嗨 瑞秋
Hello, Rachel.
真的很遗憾
I was so sorry to hear.
嗯 多谢
Yeah, thanks.
要咖啡吗 艾德?- 不用了 谢谢
Coffee, Ed? – No, thanks.
亲爱的 不用 谢谢 – 好的 爸
Ah, no, thanks, honey. We’re… – Okay, dad.
克雷恩先生 很高兴再见到你
It was good to see you again, Mr. Crane.
讲实在
Damn.
好孩子
A good kid.
老天爷
Jesus…
你觉得谁可以?
Who do you think?
旧金山的洛伊盖洛瓦
Lloyd Garroway in San Francisco.
廉洁
Probity.
洛伊盖洛瓦风评从来就是稳健
You know, nobody ever said anything iffy about Lloyd Garroway.
旧派人物
He’s conservative.
这里的陪审团也许会 比较喜欢这一型的人物
Jury might like that. Might like that here.
廉洁
Probity.
所以 他算是其中的佼佼者
So, he’s, uh, the best man for…
不算
No.
钱不是问题的话
The best, the money-is-no-object best,
律师们都公认佛烈迪雷因史耐德 这个人才是佼佼者
any lawyer’ll tell you, is Freddy Riedenschneider from…
来自山克拉门都
Sacramento.
我不晓得钱的问题你怎么解决
I don’t know how you’re fixed for money.
但他是 – 最顶尖的
But he’s… – The best.
最顶尖
The best, yeah.
雷因史耐德
Riedenschneider.
不用考虑了
No question about it.
亲爱的
Honey.
化妆品我带来了
I brought your makeup.
眼镜
Glasses.
你怎么了?
What happened to you?
我不知道怎么回事
I don’t know what’s goin’ on… I…
我不知道老戴夫出什么事了
I don’t know what happened to Big Dave.
我只知道一部份
I know some of it.
帐册有问题 他们问我为什么?
Irregullarities in the books, they said. Can I explain it?
你不必解释任何事情
You don’t have to explain anything.
我帮他作假帐 我有作假
I did help him cook the books, Ed. I did do that.
我应该
Should I…
我应该告诉你 为什么我要将帐册调包吗?
Should I tell you why I changed the books?
你不必告诉我任何事情
You don’t have to tell me anything.
不要 不要
No, no, no!
我的老天
Jesus Christ!
我的帐册通常作得很完美
My books used to be perfect.
不管是谁打开我做的帐册 都能够透彻了解这整间该死的店
Anyone could open ’em up and make sense of the whole goddamn store.
我知道我们会付出代价
I knew we’d pay for it.
代价多少我都不在乎
I don’t care what it costs!
这个时候我们要同心
This is when you come together.
你的慷慨令人敬畏
Well, that’s awfully generous of you, Frank.
艾德 去他的
The hell with it. The hell with it, Eddie.
这个时候我们要同心
This is when you come together.
这就是一家人
This is family.
那些人就跟你我没什么不同
They’re just people like you and me, Ed.
要牢记
Remember that.
同样也是人
Just people.
要装阔气一点 那些人才会拿钱来孝敬你
They gotta put up the big front so that people will trust ’em with their money.
这么大的大厅作用也在此
This is why the big lobby, Ed.
那些人跟我们一样翘着二郎腿
But they put their pants on one leg at a time just like you and me.
再怎么相貌堂堂也是要上厕所
They, too, use the toilet, Ed, in spite of appearances.
他们的银子用理发店抵押才安全
And their money will be secured by the barber shop.
理发店固若磐石
A rock. A rock, the barber shop.
瑞佛先生
Mr. Raffo.
是 先生?
Yes, sir?
请跟我来好吗?
Could you come with me, please?
当然 艾德可以跟来吗?
Sure. Can Ed come too?
先生是
Mister…
克雷恩 艾德克雷恩
Crane. Ed Crane.
你对财产抵押也有兴趣?
You also have an interest in the securing porperty?
他是理发师
He’s a barber.
非首席 – 没有产权
Second chair. – Not an owner.