我要把头发拿去跟尘土埋在一起
I’m gonna take this hair and throw it out in the dirt.
什么?
What?
我要把头发拿回家埋起来
I’m gonna mingle it with common house dirt.
你在说些什么鬼啊?
What the hell are you talking about?
不晓得 当我没说
I don’t know. Skip it.
艾德 帮我拉拉链
Ed, gimme a zip.
你要去哪里?
Where you going?
尼德霖格氏开舞会 要一起去 上个礼拜就跟你讲了
Us. The party at Nirdlingers. I told you last week.
圣诞节促销
The Christmas push.
快准备
Come on, get ready.
很重要
It’s important.
你去就好 我不够举足轻重
Nah, you go ahead. I’m not big on parties.
别闹情绪 帮我拉拉链
Oh, don’t be a grump. Gimme a zip.
嘿 你不是女装部的吗?
Hey, uh, ain’t you in ladies’ wear?
我在女装部看过你不是吗?
Huh? Haven’t I seen you up in ladies’ wear?
我不是那里的员工 我老婆才是
I don’t work here. My wife does
节奏强烈 不是吗?
Uh-huh. Whew. That’s some beat, huh?
是啊
Yeah. Lucky for us, huh, pal?
检查一下架子上的羊毛制品
Check out the rack on that broad in the angora.
艾德 我可以跟你谈谈吗?
Ed, can I talk to you?
当然
Sure.
进来
Come in.
坐 请坐
Oh, sit down.
新几内亚日本人留下的纪念品
Souvenired it off a jap in New Guinea.
我猜你不太懂朵莉丝 怎会那么热情洋溢
Guess you’re, uh, wonderin’ what Doris was so hot about.
哈瓦那雪茄
Havanas.
私人典藏
My private stock.
罗密欧与茱丽叶
Romeo and Juliet.
艾德 我
Ed, I…
戴夫 怎么了?
What is it, Dave?
艾德 我很累
Ed, I’ve been weak.
我真的好累
I’ve been weak. The, uh…
你要烧到你自己了
You’re gonna burn yourself.
多谢
Thanks.
我
l, uh…
老天
Oh, Jesus.
我曾经跟一位有夫之妇谈感情
I’ve been carryin’ on with a married woman.
不是你认识的人
No one you know.
现在
And now the, uh,
倦鸟都要归巢了
The chickens are comin’ home to roost.
我收到一封信
I got a note.
一封黑函
A blackmail note, you know.
搞不好大家都知道了
Come across, or everybody knows.
你一定猜得到 会对我造成伤害
I guess you know what that would do to me.
我猜可能手法很笨拙
I guess that would be pretty awkward.
手法笨拙?
Awkward?
是啊
Yeah. Yeah.
安会踢翻我的屁♥股♥
Ann would throw me right out on my keister.
那是她家族的店 那是她的店
I mean, it’s her st… It’s her family’s store, Ed. It’s her store.
我在她的掌控之下
I serve at the indulgence of the goddamn ownership.
女方的丈夫也会知道
The lady’s husband would know.
他们开口要多少?- 一万块钱
How much do they want, Dave? – Ten thousand dollars.
我不知道该怎么办 我不知道能做什么
I don’t know what to do, Ed. I don’t know what I can do.
你知道的
You know,
我知道那个混♥蛋♥是谁
I know who the son of a bitch is.
你知道他是谁?
You know… who who is?
丢黑函的混♥蛋♥
The son of a bitch. The blackmailer.
我知道他是谁
I know who he is.
不是你认识的人 是山克拉门都的一位生意人
It’s no one you know. It’s a businessman from Sacramento.
一个死杂种
A goddamn pansy, Ed.
出计谋想坑我
Tryin’ to rope me into some crackpot scheme.
我叫他去下地狱
I heard him out, then I told him to go to hell.
隔一阵子 我就接到黑函
The very next day the very next day I get a note, the blackmail note,
黑函要求的金额跟他讲的一样
Asking me for the same amout of money he asked me for.
就是一万块钱
The very next day. Ten thousand dollars.
他怎么知道你私会那位女人?
How did he know that you were seein’ the woman?
他住到我跟女友私会的饭店去
He stayed at the hotel that I went to with the, uh,
怎么可以让他撞见我们
lady in question. He must’ve seen us.
老天
Oh, Jesus.
我该怎么办 该怎么办?
I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what to do.
我到底该怎么办?
I don’t know what to do.
你为何不花钱消灾?
Why don’t you just pay him. Dave?
开分店的资金是我的
Cause that’s my capitalization on the annex.
那是我运作的钱
That’s my operation.
全能的上主
Christ almighty, Ed.
我刚刚在楼下 就是在跟朵莉丝讨论这件事
That’s what I just talkin’ to Doris about down there
不惊动安 从店里拿钱出来的唯一办法
A way to get the money from the store that we could hide from Ann.
就靠朵莉丝 她的古道热肠 上帝保佑她
Doris, she was, she was pretty hot about that, god bless her.
盗用公♥款♥
Embezzlin’, Ed.
从我该死的老婆手中盗出公♥款♥
Embezzlin’ from my own goddamn wife.
很抱歉
I’m sorry.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
没关系
It’s okay.
从另一方面看 我为老戴夫感到难过
In a way, I felt bad for Big Dave.
一万块钱正好打中他的要害
I knew that ten grand was going to pinch him where it hurt,
但是朵莉丝的背叛
But Doris was two-timing me
又让我觉得打得还不够猛
And I guess somewhere that pinched a little too.
美妙的乐曲
That was pretty.
你谱的曲子?
Did you make that up?
不是的
Oh, no.
那是贝多芬谱的曲子
No, that was written by Ludwig Van Beethoven.
实在是佳作
Well, it was quite something.
他写了许多钢琴奏鸣曲
Yeah, he wrote some beautiful piano sonatas.
实在是好作品
That was really something.
我是艾德克雷恩
I’m Ed Crane.
我认得你 克雷恩先生
I know who you are, Mr. Crane.
我爸爸理发时都会带我去
My father used to take me with him when he went to get his hair cut.
华尔特阿邦达?
Walter Abundas?
是华尔特
Oh, yeah, sure. Walter.
我是瑞秋华尔特
Yeah, I’m Rachel Abundas.
不过大家都叫我博蒂
But everyone call me Birdy.
不好意思 我记不得了
I’m sorry. I just didn’t remember.
没关系
Oh, no, it’s okay.
黏着老爸的小女孩 你怎么可能都记得
You can’t expect to remember every skinny girl who comes in with her dad.
你是不是不喜欢外头的音乐?
So you don’t, uh, like that music out there?
不喜欢
Not really.
我对流行音乐没有兴趣
I’m not big on music, ordinarily.
艾德
Ed.
真是个傻蛋
What a knucklehead.
说谁?- 戴夫
Who? – Dave.
怎么说呢?
Why’s that?
钱的问题
Money problems.
分店他不想开了
He’s thinking about canceling the annex.
然后?
So?
那表示我不能管理尼德霖格氏了
That means I don’t run Nirdlingers.
真是个傻蛋
What a knucklehead.
老戴夫还是决定了
Big Dave did it, though.
我写了一封信告诉他去哪里丢钱
I sent a note telling him where to drop the money.
他真的照办了
And he did.
准时出现
He came across.
好耶 赞 你好吗?
Yeah. Good! How are ya?
进来 我都安排妥当了
Come in. I got everything organized.
还好吧?你带支票?
How you doin’? You got a check?
现金 – 是现金?
Cash. – Cash?
通常这种的都是用汇票
Usually these kinds of things are done with a bank draft,
如果是现金 也不错啦
But cash, that’s fine.
结果还不是一样
It’s all the same in the end.
钱就是钱 对吧?
Dough is dough, huh?
哇咧
Whoa, nellie.
我准备了一些文件
I got the paperwork here.