他们很在乎他的身价会不会飙升。
And a fat lot they care if he goes through the roof.
我也是。
Me too.
好,这就是希望。
Well, here’s hoping.
我必须坦率地承认我泄气了。
I must frankly admit that I’m discouraged.
非常气馁。
Very discouraged.
-不许任何人进来,长官-我知道
– No one’s allowed in, sir. – Yes, I know.
-斯特拉顿先生的命令-伯恩利先生的命令
– Mr Stratton’s orders, sir. – Mr birnley’s orders.
-他给了我严格的指示-我不认为这适用于我们
– He gave me strict instructions, sir. – I hardly think that applies to us.
我们还在等什么?
Well, what are we waiting for?
你愿意吗?
Would you like to?
很容易。
It’s easy.
肯定起作用了。
It must have worked.
你刚才在这里吗?
Were you here just now?
是的。为什么?我亲爱的孩子,怎么了?
Yes. Why? My dear boy, what’s the matter?
什么都没有。它只是起作用了。
Nothing. It’s just that it worked.
你的意思是……只是现在吗?
Do you mean… just now?
斯特拉顿,你应该…戴维森!
Stratton, you should have… Davidson!
哦。
Oh.
我们有了,好了。看。
We’ve got it, all right. Look.
我们有答案了,伯恩利先生。我们现在可以开始了。
We’ve got the answer, mr birnley. We can go ahead now.
幸运的是,在300摄氏度有化学变化。
Fortunately there’s a chemical change at 300 degrees centigrade.
相当引人注目。
Quite remarkable.
我们必须在这方面做一些基础工作。
We shall have to do a little groundwork on that.
-七岁半。-七岁半。
– Seven and a half. – Seven and a half.
-就像你说的…- 35。
– Though as you say… – Thirty-five.
我们只需要变换中间体,代替羊毛、棉、麻等你们需要的任何商品。
We only need to vary the intermediates to make a substitute for wool, cotton, linen, whatever you please.
——是的,31日。- 31,当然,还有染色的问题。
– Yes, 31. – 31 and, of course, there’s the question of dyeing.
原谅我。谢谢你!
Excuse me. Thank you.
目前,纤维很难处理。
At the moment, the fibre’s intractable.
它排斥染料就像它排斥污垢一样。
It repels dye just as it does dirt.
但我们必须在较早的阶段引入染色剂。
But we shall have to introduce the colouring matter at an earlier stage.
我eft的肩膀上。
I eft shoulder.
当聚合物还在熔体中时。
While the polymer is still in the melt.
——是的,7。- 7。
– Yes, seven. – Seven.
缝合没有困难。
There’s no difficulty in stitching.
针会像往常一样简单地穿过织物。
The needle will simply pass through between the weave as usual.
如果他能给我这套衣服的纸样。
If he could let me have paper patterns of the suit.
纸模式?
Paper patterns?
我得先做个模板,然后把这些零件剪出来给你。
I shall have to have templates made and get the pieces cut out for you.
好吧,如你所愿。我猜你不会希望我们把它们剪掉吧?
Well, just as you wish. I suppose you wouldn’t prefer us to cut them out?
哦,恐怕你不能。
Oh, I’m afraid you wouldn’t be able to.
进来。
Come in.
-有什么好笑的?-只是衣服的问题。
– Well, what’s funny about it? – It’s just the suit.
它看起来就像戴着你一样。
It looks as if it’s wearing you.
它还是有点亮。
It’s still a bit luminous.
但它会慢慢消失的。
But it’ll wear off.
-哦,不。——不是吗?
– Oh, no. – No?
不,这让你看起来像个…穿着闪亮盔甲的骑士。
No, it makes you look like a… A knight in shining armour.
-这就是你。——我吗?
– That’s what you are. – Me?
你不明白这意味着什么吗?
Don’t you understand what this means?
全世界数以百万计的人,过着苦差事的生活,与肮脏和肮脏进行着一场永无休止的失败的战斗。
Millions of people all over the world, living lives of drudgery, fighting an endless losing battle against shabbiness and dirt.
你已经为他们赢得了这场战斗。你给了他们自♥由♥。
You’ve won that battle for them. You’ve set them free.
全世界都会祝福你的。
The whole world’s going to bless you.
牢不可破的吗?
Unbreakable?
他们是这么说的,考兰先生。
That’s what they’re saying, mr corland.
绿色,是……这有可能吗?
Green, is… is that possible?
如果它用的是重氢,它可能得到一个更复杂的分子。
Well, if he’s using a heavy hydrogen, he might get a more complex molecule.
用通俗的语言来说,是还是不是?
In plain language, yes or no?
这是,呃……可能的。
It’s, er… possible.
我非常感激你,国王。我…我认为,……行业。
I’m very grateful to you, king. I… I think the… industry will be.
给我接约翰·科罗爵士。
Get me sir John kierlaw.
现在,现在,戴维森。
Now, now, Davidson.
不,肯定。
Hardly that, surely.
好吧,我和媒体的谈话一结束,我就想见各部门的领导。
Well, as soon as I have finished with the press, I should like to see the heads of all departments.
是吗?
Yes?
请稍等。
One moment, please.
我是约翰·科罗爵士。
It’s sir John kierlaw.
约翰爵士……好吧。我将……我要跟他谈谈。
Sir John… All right. I’ll… I’ll speak to him.
——他在这里。——在这里吗?
– He’s here. – Here?
迈克尔。所以这是……哦。
Michael. So it was… Oh.
不,不,哮喘喷雾器。
No, no, the asthma atomiser.
现在,有个傻瓜发明了一种坚不可摧的布料。
Now, some fool has invented an indestructible cloth.
——对吗?——是的。
– Right? – Yes.
他在哪里?他想要多少钱?
Where is he? How much does he want?
恐怕我们得先对付伯恩利先生。
I’m afraid we have mr birnley to contend with first.
据我所知,伯恩利先生打算生产并销♥售♥这种产品。
As I understand it, mr birnley intends to manufacture and market this product.
——当然。-你疯了吗?
– Certainly. – Are you mad?
我认为这是我的责任。
Well, I consider it my duty to do it.
它会把一切都搞垮,一直到初级生产者。
It’ll knock the bottom out of everything, right down to the primary producers.
那些养羊的和种植棉花的人呢?
What about the sheep farmers and the cotton growers?
-进口商和中间商。-甚至是大商店。
– The importers and the middlemen. – The big stores, even.
-会毁了他们所有人的!——相当。让我们紧扣要点。
– It’ll ruin all of them! – Quite. Let us stick to the point.
我们如何?
What about us?
好吧,我承认有些人可能会暂时受苦。
Well, I’ll admit some individuals may suffer temporarily.
但我不会阻碍进步。
But I will not stand in the way of progress.
社会的福利必须放在第一位。
The welfare of the community must come first.
-你不会太痛苦的。-迈克尔,你不应该这么做。
– You’re not likely to suffer much. – Michael, that’s unworthy of you.
约翰爵士,你肯定知道这是最大的进步。
Sir John, surely you realise this is the greatest step forward.
——一步?-越过悬崖。
– Step forward? – Over a precipice.
-意味着灾难。——灾难?
– It means disaster. – Disaster?
旋转的珍妮是一场灾难吗?是机械织机吗?
Was the spinning Jenny a disaster? Was the mechanical loom?
对那些没有控制它们的人来说,是的。
For those who didn’t control them, yes.
此外,他们还增加了产量。这将结束它。
Besides, they increased output. This will finish it.
刚到,先生。
Just arriving now, sir.
是他提出投诉的,不是吗?
He’s the one to make the complaint, isn’t he?
好吧,这是什么?工人的游戏吗?
Well, what’s this? Worker’s playtime?
——sid !-看看是谁的车。
– It’s sid! – Look whose car.
——Sid !——你好,贝莎。你好。
– Sid! – Hello, Bertha. Hello.
-他们对你做了什么?-我就是这么做的。
– What have they done to you? – Well, it’s really what I’ve done.
我们会向媒体宣布的。
We are just going to announce it to the press.
——宣布♥什♥么?-我的新纤维。
– Announce what? – My new fibre.
头脑!
Mind!
corland先生。在伯恩利先生的办公室。
Mr corland. In mr birnley’s office.
它永远不会脏吗?而且永不磨损?
It never gets dirty? And never wears out?
这是正确的。
That’s right.
你觉得他怎么样?
Now what do you think of him?
-你觉得他们会继续吗?——当然。
– You think they’ll go ahead with it? – Certainly.
你还没出生呢。
You’re not even born yet.
你觉得其他的东西都去哪了?
What do you think happened to all the other things?
剃须刀片永远不会变钝。
The razor blade that never gets blunt.
还有那辆靠水行驶的车,里面装了一些东西。
And the car that runs on water, with a pinch of something in it.
不。他们绝对不会让你的东西上市的。
No. They’ll never let your stuff on the market in a million years.
他说得对。既得利益者。垄断的死手。
He’s right, you know. Vested interests. The dead hand of monopoly.
我向你保证,根本不是那样的。所有的组织。
It’s not like that at all, I assure you. Everything’s organised.
我们今天早上告诉报纸,然后继续。
We’re telling the newspapers this morning, and then going right ahead.
但如果这些东西永远不会穿破,我们就只能做一堆了。
But if this stuff never wears out, we’ll only have one lot to make.
这是正确的。
That’s right.
我到处找你。首先,我想道歉。
I’ve been looking everywhere for you. First of all, I want to apologise.
我见过天才都没认出来。
Didn’t recognise a genius when I saw one.
-对不起,先生,我…-我刚从伯恩利先生那回来。
– Excuse me, sir. I… – I’ve just come from mr birnley.
他让我澄清一两件事。
One or two things he asked me to straighten out.
这是可爱的。六个月的工作就够了。
That’s lovely. Six months’ work and that’ll be the lot.
全国的工厂都会被解雇。
Every mill in the country will be laid off.
这是birnley做的。西德尼不会发明那种东西的。
It’s birnley’s doing. Sidney wouldn’t invent a thing like that.
应该做点什么。
Something ought to be done about it.
一定会有办法的。把工作委员会召集起来。
Something is gonna be done about it. Get the works committee together.
我不想太自私。
I don’t want to be selfish about it.
稍后,我可能会提供它的许可给其他制♥造♥商。
Later on, I might be able to offer it to other manufacturers under licence.
你想让我们割断自己的喉咙,而你却在建立另一笔财富!
You want us to cut our throats, while you build up another fortune!
我能指出这个过程是我控制的吗?
Well, may I point out that I control this process?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!