Longer to realize how I was different,
花了很多时间才认识到自己的与众不同
To find a way to synthesize my experience into a view of myself.
我在寻找一种 将经验变为自己观点的方法
At first, I thought everybody had…
一开始 我还以为
something wrong with them.
别人都有问题
They got old and they died, animals, too…
他们衰老 死亡 动物也是…
but not me.
但我不会
Oh, forgive me, my dear.
请原谅我 亲爱的
You live simply.
你过得很简单
I’ve owned castles, but why leave a lot…
我有过自己的城♥堡♥ 但作为一个四处游荡的人
if you’re always leaving?
我并没有将它留给谁
I have money.
我也有钱
What, you get into at&t at 50 cents, John?
怎么 你五毛钱买♥♥入AT&T的股票
As one grows older,
随着岁数的增大
The days, weeks, months go by more quickly.
时间流逝得越来越快
What does a day or a year…
那么一天 一年
or a century mean to you?
或者一个世纪 对你来说意味着什么
The birth-death cycle?
生死轮转呢
Turbulence.
动荡
I meet someone,
我遇到某个人
Learn their name, say a word, they’re gone.
知道了他的名字 说了几句话 然后他就死了
Others come like waves. Rise, fall.
其他人就像海浪 潮来潮去
Ripples in a wheat field, blown by the wind.
又像麦浪 随风飘拂
Do you ever get tired of it all?
你就没感觉到累过吗
I get bored now and then.
我时常感到厌烦
They keep making the same stupid mistakes over and over.
人们总是重复一些愚蠢的错误
Then you see yourself as separate from the rest of humanity.
于是你就觉得 跟这个种族有了隔阂
I didn’t mean it that way.
我不是那个意思
But of course…
不过当然…
I am.
我是这么想的
Are you comfortable knowing that you have lived…
那么当你看着熟识的人
while everyone you knew… Everyone you knew, John!…
一个一个地死去
Has died?
你觉得好受吗
I’ve regretted losing people…
对于失去朋友我感到很遗憾
often.
我时常这样
Have you ever felt guilt about that…
那你是否会感觉内疚
Something akin to survivor’s guilt?
那种类似幸存者对逝者的内疚
In the strict psychological sense?
从严格的心理学意义上来说
I suppose I have.
我想我有
Yeah.
是的
But what can I do about it?
但我又能怎样
Indeed.
的确
I’m sorry, ma’am.
打扰了 女士
Gentlemen, I’m…
先生们
I’m gonna keep the couch.
这沙发我要留着
Thanks.
谢谢
Ladies? Will? Oh, no…
女士们 威尔 不用…
you’ve got a heart condition. Don’t grump about it.
你心脏不好 不要客气
Hey, how about changing the subject, Will?
不如换个话题吧 威尔
Enough with the… With the dying.
不要再说死亡了
But this is the flip side of his coin, Harry.
可这是他选择的话题 哈里
I’m very curious to know his feelings.
对于他的感受 我很好奇
Would you prefer I asked him about his father?
要不要让我问问他的父亲
I thought you always started with “Tell me about your mother.”
我以为你会从”谈谈你的母亲吧”开始
Yes, but prehistory was strongly patriarchal.
是的 但史前时期是父系氏族
Surely you remember your father.
所以你肯定记得你的父亲
I seem to remember a figure,
我大约记得一张轮廓
Perhaps an older brother, a social father, maybe.
也许是哥哥 也许是长辈
Well, no matter.
无所谓了
I can scarcely remember mine.
我都几乎记不清我父亲的长相了
Do you feel a vacancy in your life about that, John,
约翰 你会不会觉得 生命中有一段真空
Something you wish could be filled…
而你希望用
by a face, a voice, an image?
一张脸 一个声音 一个影像来填满它
Not at this late date.
现在不会了
There must be someone… Probably many…
一定会有一些人… 也许很多人
That you valued intensely.
是你所珍惜的
Loved.
所挚爱的
You saw them age and die…
你看到他们老去 死亡
A friend, a colleague, a wife.
朋友 同事 或者妻子
Certainly you’ve had wives and children?
当然你肯定有过妻子和孩子吧
I’d move on.
我会选择离开
I had to move on.
我必须离开
Making him history’s biggest bigamist.
估计你是史上重婚次数最多的人了
Have you ever in your life thought…
你是否有过这种想法
“It should have been me”?
“死去的应该是我”
Maybe.
也许吧
Yeah, Art has told me that some of your early fellows…
嗯 阿特告诉过我 你早前的同伴害怕
feared you were stealing their lives.
你偷走了他们的生命
Have you thought that perhaps you were?
你有没有想过这也许是真的
Perhaps you are!
也许你就是
There have always been legends of such a thing,
总有这样的传说
A creature not quite human
一种类人的生物
Taking not the blood, but the life force itself?
吸的不是人血 而是别人的魂魄
My god, will.
天呐 威尔
Unconsciously, perhaps,
也许是无意识的
By some biological or psychic mechanism…
但却通过某种生理的或是心理的机能
that we can only guess at.
我们只能这样猜测
I’m not saying you would do such a thing deliberately.
我不是说你是有意为之
I’m not saying that you would even know how to…
我也不是说你知道如何…
would you?
你不知道吧
But would such a thing be fair?
但这样公平吗
So you believe me now?
现在你相信我了
I’m only exploring what you have said.
我只是在思考你说过的话
Whether I believe it or not is of no importance.
我信不信又有什么意义
We will die…
我们会死去…
you will live.
而你不会
Will you come to my funeral, John?
你会参加我的葬礼吗 约翰
Hey, will…
威尔…
you’ve gone too far.
你说得太多了
John didn’t ask to be what he is.
约翰并没有要求成为现在这样
And we did not ask to hear about it.
但我们也没有要求听他讲这些
But if it were true,
但如果这一切属实
Is there one among us who would not feel envy,
谁敢说自己不会羡慕
Even perhaps a touch of hatred?
甚至有一点恨他
You told us of yourself, John.
你自己告诉我们的 约翰
Can you imagine how we feel?
你能想像我们的感受吗
I never thought of that.
这我从没想过
Since you may not die,
既然你可能不会死
While we most assuredly will…
而我们都难逃一死…
there must be a reason for that, no?
这一定有原因吧
Perhaps you are an expert.
也许你是专家
Uh, that’s it, Mr. Oldman. Have a good one.
我弄完了 奥德曼先生 再见
Thank you. You too.
谢谢你 再见
Or are you a vampire, John?
或者你是吸血鬼 约翰
Even an unknowing one.
甚至自己也茫然不知
Do you stand alive and tall…
你是否会神采奕奕地高高站在
in a graveyard that you helped to fill?
自己堆建的坟前?
That’s going too far.
这太过分了
Bored, perhaps lonely, because your heart…
你百无聊赖 也许感到孤寂 因为你的心
cannot keep its treasures.
无法留存住珍爱的事物
Is that what you’re doing?
这就是你的所作所为
Have you led a wrongful life?
你一直延续着错误的生命
Well, then, perhaps…
这样的话 也许…
it is time to die.
你的死期到了
Wait a minute, now.
等等
Look, I don’t know what John is doing,
听着 我不知道约翰在干什么
But I sure as hell don’t like what you’re doing.
可我一点也不赞赏你的举动
Give me that gun or I’m gonna break your goddamn arm.
把枪给我 否则我会拧断你手臂
You sound like our football coach, Dan.
你口气真像足球教练 丹
What do you think, John?
你觉得如何 约翰
A shot to the arm?
给你手臂来一枪