difficult when villages emerged,
但村庄出现之后就难了
Tougher still in city states where authority was centralized.
在集权的城市里也是
Strangers were suspect.
陌生人总是被人怀疑
It seemed as though I was always moving on.
不过我仍然不停的移居
I learned some new tricks…
我还学会了新的伎俩
Even faked my death a couple of times.
有几次甚至还装死
I continued east…
我继续东行
To india,
到了印度
Luckily at the time of the Buddha.
很幸运赶上了佛祖的时代
Luckily.
很幸运
Most extraordinary man I’ve ever known.
他是我所遇见过的最特别的人
He taught me things i’d never thought about before.
他教了我很多从没想到过的东西
You studied… with the Buddha?
你跟随… 佛祖学习
Until he died.
直到他死去
He knew there was something different about me.
他知道我有点与众不同
I never told him.
但我从没告诉过他
This is fascinating.
真是令人着迷
I almost wish it were true.
真希望你说的是实话
Yeah, if it was true, why are you telling us?
如果是真的 你为什么要告诉我们
I mean, we might leave here today,
我是说 我们带着秘密离去
Go out there, tell everybody.
可能会到处散布
It would vanish in disbelief.
它会在人们的疑问中被淡忘的
A story that goes around the room.
房♥间里讲的故事
No credibility.
没有可信性
Even if I could make you believe me,
就算我现在让你们相信了
In a month, you wouldn’t.
过了一个月 你们又会怀疑
Some of you would call me a psychopath,
你们可能觉得我精神有问题
Others would be angry at a pointless joke.
也可能因为这个毫无意义的笑话而恼怒
Some of us are angry now.
已经有人生气了
This… This was a bad idea.
我真不该这样
Uh, I love you all, and I do not want to put you through anything.
我爱你们 不想让你们经历任何不快
Then why are you doing it?
那你干吗还这么做
‘Cause I wanted to say goodbye…
因为我想说再见…
As yourself.
以真实的你说出来
I think you’ve done that, whoever that self is.
我想你已经做到了 无论你所说的自我指什么
Easy, Edith.
冷静 伊迪丝
We’re just grading his homework.
我们只是在给他打分
I see what’s going on. You’re playing the good cop, Dan.
我发现了 你在做好人 丹
That’s fine. Just enjoy it.
没问题 你继续
All right, I think this whole thing is just a crock!
但我觉得我们一直都在说废话
I should leave, but I’m gonna stay.
我本该走了 但还不是时候
You know why? ‘Cause I wanna see what this is all about.
知道为什么吗 我想把事情弄清楚
So do I. What is this all about?
我也是 这到底是怎么回事
Let’s ask Dr. Freud, who’s just arrived.
让我们问问刚到的弗洛伊德博士
Hey, will! Will!
威尔 威尔
Art. Hey.
你好 阿特
John!
约翰
I’m glad I caught you.
很高兴没来晚
Someone mentioned that you were leaving…
有人告诉我你要走…
Called you, told you that I’ve lost it.
我给你打过电♥话♥ 留了言的
Glad you’re here. Things are going in unexpected directions.
很高兴你能来 事情的发展出乎意料
Yes, so I hear.
我也是这么听说的
Are you hungry?
饿吗
Uh, thank you, no.
谢谢 不饿
Whiskey? Johnny walker green.
喝威士忌吗 乔尼沃克的绿牌威士忌
Oh, yes.
当然
You look very familiar, my dear. Linda murphy.
你看起来很面熟啊 琳达·墨菲
I’m in your tuesday psych 1 class, Dr. Gruber.
我上您周二的心理课 格鲁伯博士
Ah, well, this lesson may be something i could not have imagined.
看来我以后上这门课 要格外注意了
I regret being so obvious about this, John,
那我就不客套了 约翰
But these people are all very concerned for you.
大家都很关心你
Yes, I’m cutting out paper dinosaurs.
是啊 我正在剪纸恐龙呢
I really wish I’d been here from the beginning.
要是我一开始在这就好了
Me too.
我也是
Let me just say something right now.
我想说几句
There’s absolutely no way in the whole world
显然目前的情况下
For John to prove this story to us,
约翰不可能有办法证实他所说的话
Just like there’s no way for us to disprove it.
而我们也无法反驳
No matter how outrageous we think it is,
不论我们觉得如何荒唐
No matter how highly trained some of us think we are,
也不论某些人觉得自己知识有多渊博
There’s absolutely no way to disprove it.
都不可能将他驳倒
Our friend is either a caveman, a liar, or a nut.
我们这位朋友不是穴居人 就是骗子 要么走火入魔了
So while we’re thinking about that, why don’t we just go with it?
所以我们与其怀疑 不如就让他说下去
I mean, hell, who knows,
我的意思是 鬼知道呢
He might jolt us into believing him,
也许他能说服我们
Or we might jolt him back to reality.
也许我们也能把他拉回现实
Believing? Whose reality?
说服我们 谁的现实世界
So… you’re a caveman.
这么说… 你是个穴居人
Yes.

uh, I was a Cro-magnon, I think.
我想我曾经是个克鲁玛努人
You don’t know if you’re a caveman or not?
你还不知道自己是不是穴居人
No, I’m sure about that.
不 这点我确信
A Cro-magnon, then.
那就算是克鲁玛努人了
When did you first realize this?
你什么时候意识到这一点的
When the Cro-magnon was first identified,
当克鲁玛努人第一次被确认的时候
When anthropology gave them a name,
当人类学家给了他们一个名字的时候
I had mine.
我就有了自己的名字
Well, please continue.
请继续
I’m sure you must have more to say.
我想你应该还有话要说
Would you like me to lie on the couch?
我能躺在沙发上吗
as you wish.
随你便
As a physician, I’m curious.
作为一名医生 我很好奇
In this enormous lifetime you describe,
你在你描述的漫长的生命中
Have you ever been ill? Sure, as much as anyone.
是否曾经病过 当然了 数不胜数
Seriously ill?
重病呢
Sometimes.
也有过
Of what? Do you know?
什么病 你知道么
In prehistory, I can’t tell you.
史前时期我就说不准了
Maybe pneumonia once or twice.
也许得过一两次肺炎
Last few hundred years,
最近几百年
I’ve gotten over typhoid, yellow fever,
我得过伤寒 黄热病
Smallpox… I survived the black plague.
天花… 在黑死病中幸存了下来
Bubonic?
黑死病
Oh, that’s terrible.
那太可怕了
More so than history describes.
比史书♥记♥载的可怕多了
And smallpox… But you’re not scarred.
还有天花… 但你身上没有疤痕
I don’t scar.
我不会结疤
No, John, that is not possible.
这不可能 约翰
Please, let’s take John’s story at face value…
拜托 请让我们暂且从表面上
and explore it from that perspective.
接受约翰的故事 不要深究
If he doesn’t scar, it’s no stranger than the rest.
和故事的其它部分相比 不结疤算不上稀奇
John, would you please stop by my lab,
约翰 请你一定要来我的实验室
Suffer a few tests from your friendly neighborhood biologist.
让我这个生物学家朋友给你做几个测试
I’m leery of labs.
我对实验室有点戒心
Afraid I might go in and stay for a thousand years…
怕进去了就要被关上一千年
while cigarette smoking men try to figure me out.
被抽烟的家伙研究个不停
You don’t think that I would betray you?
你的意思不会是说我要出♥卖♥♥♥你吧
Walls have ears.
隔墙有耳
Medical tests might be a way of proving what you say.
医学测试也许是你证明自己的一种方式
I don’t wanna prove it.
我不想证明什么
So you’re telling us this, the yarn of the century,
照你这么说 你告诉了我们
And you don’t care if we believe it or not?
这么震撼的故事 却不在乎我们是否相信
I guess I shouldn’t have expected you to.
我想我没有想让你相信
You’re not as crazy as you think I am.
你们可不像你们眼中的我那么疯狂
Amen.
阿门
I’ve always liked you.
我一直很喜欢你
Why, thank you, dear.
为什么 谢谢 亲爱的
Now that’s changing.
不过我现在改变看法了
Surely you don’t believe this nonsense.
显然你不会相信这一派胡言
I think we should remain courteous to someone
我想对于我们熟识和信任的人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!