Where’d you come off with such a half-baked, asinine idea?
你这残缺不全的愚蠢想法从哪儿得来的
At least you’re relieved I’m not a nut.
至少你们该庆幸我不是疯子
I’d prefer you were!
我宁愿你是
You gave me the idea.
你们给了我创意
All of you.
你们所有人
Come again?
你说什么
Edith saw my fake Van Gogh.
那副梵高的赝品…
You could have just told me.
你本可以告诉我
You commented that I never age.
你说我从不见老
You gave me the book on early man.
你给了我有关原始人的书
Dan, you spotted the burin,
丹 你发现了錾刀
and you said, “if stones could speak.”
你说”如果石头会说话”
I knew it.
我就知道
I got the notion, I ran it past you…
我灵光一闪 说给了你们听
to check your reactions, and I took it too far.
想看你们的反映 我走得太远了
Too far?
仅是太远了?
Check my reaction.
看我的反映
You asked if I was a figure from religious history,
你问我是否是宗教史中的人物
if there were others like me,
是否还有别人跟我一样
if I’d created future identities.
是否我能创造未来的身份
We were chasing our tails around the maypole,
我们在五月柱旁团团转
Enjoying the mystery, the analytical stretch.
享受神秘之旅 展开分♥析♥
You were playing my game!
你在配合我玩游戏
I was playing yours.
我在配合你玩游戏
Oh, man, you know, you had us going, right?
老兄 你让我们坚持了下来 对吗
You were good, man.
你很厉害 伙计
You know those chinese boxes,
你知道中国盒子吧
One inside the other inside the other inside the other…
盒子套盒子套盒子套盒子…
I feel like I’m in the last box.
我感觉我在最里面的盒子里
You son of a…
你这个…
bitch!
狗♥娘♥养♥的
How could you do this to us?
你怎能这样对待我们
I was worried about you. I know.
我还为你担心 我知道
I was tempted to cop out many times,
好几次我都忍♥不住想认罪
But I couldn’t resist seeing whether or not…
可我情不自禁 想看
you could refute what I was saying.
你们是否能驳倒我的言论
I had the perfect audience…
我有完美的听众
Anthropologist, archaeologist,
人类学家 考古学家
Christian literalist…
基♥督♥教的字义无谬论者…
a psychologist.
心理学家
Okay, I’ve had enough of this.
行了 我受够了
I’m outta here. You wanna come? Let’s go.
我走了 你来吗 我们走
So, John.
那么 约翰
Are you gonna write the story?
你会把故事写下来吗
If I do, I’ll send you copies.
如果我写 我会送一份给你
Don’t bother with mine, okay?
我那份就免了 行吗
You are absolutely certifiable.
你绝对是货真价实的…
I don’t know you!
我真不明白你
It was nice seeing you again, Dr. Oldman.
再次见到你很高兴 奥德曼博士
Your name’s a pun, isn’t it?
你的名字是个双关语 对吗
Old man?
古老的人
Did that help you with your story?
这也有助于你的构想吗
Linda!
琳达
Bye.
再见
Well, Art was half right.
阿特至少说对了一半
Which half?
哪一半
Well, at least I don’t have to throw away half…
至少我不用把我掌握的
of what I know about biology.
生物学知识扔掉一半
Which half?
哪一半
It’s a beautiful idea,
真是个美丽动人的创意
So rich, so full of possibilities.
如此丰富多彩 充满可能性
Perhaps you should write a paper on it, doctor.
也许你该以此写篇论文 博士
Maybe I will.
也许我会
I’ll interview you in the rubber room…
我会在精神病院接见你
for further details.
以期待更多的细节
You may still need help, my friend.
你可能还是需要帮助 我的朋友
My ass.
才怪呢
I thought it sounded pretty good.
我认为这听起来很精彩
They believe you because they have to.
他们相信你 是因为不得不信
But the one thing that I know about you…
但是我了解你
is that you would never use people…
你永远不会利用别人
or abuse their goodwill and intelligence…
或是滥用他们的善意和智力
like they think you’ve just done to them.
像他们以为的那样
Psych 101?
《心理101》
No, it’s woman, one-on-one.
不 是女人 一对一
So you’re a pretty fast liar, Mr. Ugg,
你撒谎真快 真假难辨先生
But I wanna know… What’s your real name?
可我想知道 你的真名是什么
Believe it or not, the sound was always John.
信不信由你 永远都是约翰
Why’d you cave to Gruber?
你为什么向格鲁伯屈服
What happened was enough.
发生的事已经够让人受了
Just… Just needed to stop.
得… 得打住了
I shouldn’t have expected it to work.
我不该指望这会奏效
Fourteen thousand years old.
一万四千年的岁数
I bet that’s a lot of women.
我猜一定经历过很多女人
Are we counting? Maybe.
我们要数吗 也许
Well, I’m taking Edith home.
我带伊迪丝回家
Sandy?
珊迪呢
I’m gonna stay.
我留下
Are you sorry for some of those things you said?
你是否为自己说过的话感到愧疚
I’m sorry I said them.
我很抱歉说了这些话
Well.
好吧
Like a good Christian,
就像个好基♥督♥徒
I… oh, John.
我… 约翰
Oh! Well.
好吧
You did a terrible thing,
你干了很可怕的事
But we’re all so thankful you’re all right.
可我们都感谢上苍 你没事
Even Art…He just hates things he can’t understand.
甚至阿特也是 他只是讨厌他无法理解的事
You’re a sadist, John,
你是个虐待狂 约翰
But I admit I got a kick out of
可我承认自己其乐无穷
Chasing my tail around your maypole…
围着五月柱团团转…
even if that is all I caught.
即便这是我唯一的收获
Good luck to you.
祝你好运
Wish you the best. Thank you.
祝你一切顺利 谢谢
Ready?
准备好了?
Later on. Okay, good night.
再见 好的 晚安
I don’t know, man.
我不知道 伙计
Something about this…
关于这事…
something about you, John.
关于你 约翰
The more I think about it,
我越想
The more I’m no longer in that chinese box.
就越觉得自己脱离了中国盒子
I sense… space.
我感觉到… 空间
A kinda latitude of what we happily call reality,
我们愉快地称之为现实的维度
In which, as everybody keeps saying…
其中每个人都不停地说…
anything’s possible.
一切皆有可能
Yes. No, no. No, no.
是的 不不不不
No! No more words.
别 一个字也别说了
I’m gonna go home,
我要回家了
And I’m gonna watch star trek for a dose of sanity.
我要看《星际迷航》 来一剂心智健全的良药
Good luck to you, man,
祝你好运 老兄
Wherever this may lead you.
无论这会引导你走向何方
You drop me a line sometime.
有空给我写信
Let me know how you’re making out.
让我知道你的近况
I will.
我会的
So, John Oldman.
那么 约翰·奥德曼
What other pun names have you used?
你还有其它什么双关名字
Lots.
很多
John Paley for John Paleolithic,
约翰·佩利代表旧石器时代
John Savage…
约翰·萨维奇代表野人
Got really crazy about 60 years ago.
60年前才真是让人发疯
When I was teaching at harvard,
当时我在哈佛教书

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!