我派出一些“干员”去取得它
先生
Well, sir,
they got it and I haven’t got it.
他们弄到了,但还没到我手上
But I’m going to get it.
我一定会得到它
Your glass.
你的酒杯
那么鸟儿并不属于你们,而是属于卡马多夫将军
Then the bird doesn’t really belong to any of you, but to a General Kemidov?
Well, sir, you might as well say it belonged to the King of Spain.
你为何不干脆说它属于西班牙国王
你又能说谁真正拥有它呢?
I don’t see how you can honestly grant anyone else a clear title to it
except by right of possession.
只能是谁有就是谁的
And now, sir,
现在
在我们谈价码前,你需要多少时间…
before we start to talk prices, how soon can you
才能拿到或者说愿意给出那只鸟?
or how soon are you willing to produce the Falcon?
– 几天吧 – 这我可以接受
– A couple of days. – That is satisfactory.
Well, sir, here’s to a fair bargain. Profits large enough for both of us.
祝我们的公平交易顺利,大家有钱赚
你所谓公平交易是什么?
What’s your idea of a fair bargain?
I will give you $25,000 when you deliver the Falcon to me
等你给我金鹰后 我会给你美金2万5千元
稍后再给你2万5千元
and another $25,000 later on.
或者我会给你那只金鹰价值的四分之一
Or I will give you one quarter of what I realize on the Falcon.
那将是一笔庞大的数目
That would amount to a vastly greater sum.
– 多么庞大? – 谁知道呢?10万美元?
– How much greater? – Who knows? Shall we say $100,000?
如果我说出个可能的最低价 你会相信我吗?
Would you believe me if I name a sum that seems the probable minimum?
有何不可?
Why not?
25万美元怎么样?
What would you say to a quarter of a million?
你认为那玩意儿值1百万?
Then you think the dingus is worth a million, huh?
In your own words, why not?
以你的话说,有何不可?
– That’s a lot of dough. – A lot of dough.
– 那是一大笔钱 – 一大笔钱
最低价?那么最高价呢?
Minimum, huh? What’s the maximum?
我拒绝猜测最高价
The maximum, I refuse to guess.
你会认为我疯了
You’d think me crazy.
我不知道
I don’t know.
There’s no telling how high it could go, sir.
谁也不知道它会去到多高价,先生
That is the one and only truth about it.
这是我唯一确知的事实
威曼!
Wilmer!
Hello, Effie. It’s me.
喂,爱菲,是我
Let me talk to Miss O’Shaughnessy.
让我跟奥夏克尼希小姐说话
不在?
Isn’t there?
What? She didn’t show up?
什么?她没出现?
回到办公室等我回来或打电♥话♥
Listen, you get on back to the office and wait there till I come or you hear from me.
Yeah, let’s do something right for a change.
这次我们要做对事情来倒倒运了
船运消息:今天到埠 下午5:35香港出发的鸽子号♥
舱尾开始起火,在底舱
It started in the hold aft, in the rear basement.
What insurance was she carrying?
她保了什么险?
– Anybody burnt? – No.
– 有人烧伤吗? – 没有
只有碇泊值班在船上
Only the harbor watch was aboard!
– Someone I know came… – Huh?
– 我认识的一个人来… – 什么?
Someone I know came aboard this afternoon,
我认识的一个人下午上了船
and I haven’t seen her since. I’m worried.
我一直没见她,我很担心
No reason to be, mister. Everybody got off all right.
不需要担心,先生,大家都脱险了
I wonder if you saw her. She’s kind of small, about 5-foot…
不知道你有没有看到她? 个子小小的,大约1米6高…
I couldn’t tell you, mister. But if she come aboard, she got off all right.
不好说,但如果她上了船,她也下了船
火灾开始时,船上只有碇泊值班
Only the harbor watch was aboard when the fire started.
现在你知道得跟我一样多,亲爱的
Now you know as much about it as I do, precious.
也许他们上船了,也许没有
Maybe they went down to the ship. Maybe they didn’t.
The part about the bird is thrilling.
关于鸟的故事很惊人
Or ridiculous.
或者很荒唐
你知道…
You know.
老鹰…
Falcon.
锁上门!
Lock that door.
Is…
他…
– Is he… – Yeah.
– 他是不是… – 没错
身上有这么多洞,他也走不远
He couldn’t have come far with those holes in him.
他为什么不能活久一点,告诉我们一些事情?
Why couldn’t he have stayed alive long enough to tell us something?
看这里,别看那里了
Here, here, here, none of that now. Come on.
– You can’t pass out on me now. – All right, Sam.
– 你可不要给我昏倒 – 好的,山姆
你想是不是…
Do you really think it’s…
– 我们拿到了,天使我们拿到了! – 你弄疼我了
– We’ve got it, angel, we’ve got it! – You’re hurting me.
接电♥话♥
Answer the phone.
喂?
Hello.
是的
Yes.
谁?
Who?
噢,是的!
Oh, yes.
哪里?
Where?
好的,好
Yes, yes.
喂?喂?喂?
Hello? Hello! Hello!
奥夏克尼希小姐需要你,她正身处危险
That was Miss O’Shaughnessy. She wants you. She’s in danger.
– 她在什么地方? – 柏林根安萧路26号♥
– Where is she? – Burlingame, 26 Ancho.
山姆,她的嗓音很糟糕
Sam, her voice, it was awful.
她还没说完话就出事了,去救她,山姆!
And something happened to her before she could finish. Go help her, Sam!
You’ve got to go to her, don’t you see? He was helping her, and they killed him…
你得去救她,他要救她,结果被杀了
You’ve got to go, Sam!
你一定要去,山姆
好,我去
All right, I’ll go.
Now, after I’ve gone, you phone the police.
等我走了,打电♥话♥报♥警♥
Tell them how it happened, but don’t drag any names in. You don’t know.
告诉他们事情经过 但不要扯出任何名字,你不知道
I got the phone call and told you I had to go, but I didn’t say where.
我接到电♥话♥就告诉你要出去了 但没说去哪里
Now forget about this thing. Tell them how it happened, but without the bundle.
这个先别管了,告诉他们事情经过 但不要提到这个包裹
Now get that straight. Everything happened exactly as it did happen,
现在理顺下,发生的事情照实说
但别提包裹,是我接到电♥话♥,不是你
but without the bundle, and I got the phone call, not you.
– 好,山姆 – 好
– Yes, Sam. – Okay.
Shut this door and lock it behind me and don’t open it till the police come.
锁好门,警♥察♥来后再开门
Do you know who he is?
他是谁?
耶哥船长,鸽子号♥的主人
Yeah, it’s Captain Jacoby, master of the La Paloma.
You’re a good man, sister.
你是个好女孩
– 借支笔好吗? – 好的
– Can I borrow your pencil? – Sure.
– Say, Frank? – Hello, Mr. Spade.
– 喂,法兰克 – 嗨,史派特先生
– You got plenty of gas? – Sure thing.
– 气还足够用吗? – 当然
Do you know where Ancho Street or Avenue is in Burlingame?
知不知道柏林根安萧路?
不知道,但可以找得到
Nope, but if she’s there, we can find her.
Well, 26 is the number and the sooner the better.
去26号♥,越快越好
All right.
好的
Keep your motor running.
不要熄火
– Bum steer, Mr. Spade? – Yeah.
– 假情报,史派特先生? – 是的
去找个电♥话♥亭
Let’s get to a phone booth.
喂,柏琳太太?爱菲在吗?
Hello, Mrs. Perine? Is Effie there?
请叫她来听电♥话♥
Yes, please.
嗨,亲爱的,有什么好消息?
Hello, precious. What’s the good news?
没有,那是假情报,你确定那是她的声音?
No, no. It was a bum steer. Are you sure that was her voice?
是骗人的
Well, it was hooey.
一切都没有问题?没有提到包裹吧?
Everything go all right? Nothing said about the bundle, huh?
好极了
That’s swell.
他们有没有带你到局子里
They take you down to the hall?
好,亲爱的
All right, precious.
You better hit the hay and get a good night’s rest. You sound all in.
好好睡一觉,你听上去疲惫极了
No, no. Save it till tomorrow. I’m going on home.
不,等明天再说,我要回家了
– 谢谢,晚安,法兰克 – 晚安,史派特先生
– Thanks. Good night, Frank. – Good night, Mr. Spade.
我一直躲在街上门边
I’ve been hiding in a doorway up the street.
I thought you’d never come.
还以为你不回来了
Can you make it all right, or shall I carry you?
你走得动吗?还是要我背你?
I’ll be all right as soon as I can get some place where I can lie down.
等我躺下来就没事了
Well, sir, we’re all here.
先生,我们都到了
让我们坐下舒舒服服地谈谈
Now, let’s come in and sit down and be comfortable and talk.
Sure.
当然
– Get away. You’re not gonna frisk me. – Stand still. Shut up.
– 走开,休想搜我身 – 站好,闭嘴
Take your paws off me, or I’ll make you use that gun.
把你的爪子拿开,要不你就开枪
问问你老板想不想我说话前就中枪?
Ask your boss if he wants me shot up before we talk.
Never mind, Wilmer.
算了,威曼
You certainly are a most headstrong individual.
你简直顽固到家
Well, let’s be seated.
让我们坐下来
Are you ready to make the first payment and take the Falcon off my hands?
你准备付头期拿走老鹰吗?
先生,关于这交易…
Well, sir, as to that…
关于…
As to that…
1万元?我们谈的时候比这更多
$10,000? We were talking about a lot more money than this.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!