编得太合理可能害我们都坐牢了
– 你确定什么都没讲吗? – 没有
– You sure you didn’t tell them anything? – I did not.
Now, you’ll want sleep
你现在肯定想睡了
如果你整晚都被警♥察♥盘问
if you’ve been standing up under a police grilling all night.
See you later.
回见
不,还不行
No, not yet.
他来后我会请他给你打电♥话♥
Yes, I’ll have him call you the minute he comes in.
That’s the third time she’s called this morning.
这是她今天早上的第三通电♥话♥
– Miss O’Shaughnessy’s in there. – Anything else?
– 奥夏克尼希小姐在里面 – 还有呢?
The district attorney’s office called. Bryan would like to see you.
区检察官打过电♥话♥来,布莱恩想见你
And a Mr. Gutman called.
还有个叫顾德曼的打过电♥话♥给你
我说你不在,他说:请你转告他
And when I told him you weren’t in, he said, “Would you please tell him that
“the young man gave me his message, and that I phoned and will phone again?”
那个年青人给我留了口信:我打过电♥话♥,还会再打来
顾德曼?
Gutman, huh?
Thanks, darling.
谢啦,亲爱的
Darling. Somebody’s been in my apartment.
亲爱的,有人去过我公♥寓♥
到处翻得乱七八糟
It’s all upside down, every which way.
I changed as fast as I could and came right over here.
我一换好地方就来这里了
You must have let that boy follow you there.
你肯定是被那家伙跟踪了
No, angel. I shook him off long before I ever went to your place.
不,亲爱的,我到你那儿 之前很久就甩掉他了
It might have been Cairo. He wasn’t at the hotel last night.
可能是开罗,他昨晚不在酒店
He told me he’d been standing up under a police grilling. I wonder.
开罗说,他一整夜都被警♥察♥盘问
– You saw Joel this morning? – Yeah.
– 今天早上有没有看到乔伊? – 看到了
Why?
干嘛?
因为,我亲爱的,我得跟进各种线索
Because, my own true love, I’ve got to keep in some sort of touch
with all the loose ends of this dizzy affair if I’m ever gonna make heads or tails of it.
才能从这一团乱麻中理出头绪来
现在我们得给你找个新家
Now we’ve got to find a new home for you.
I won’t go back there.
我不想回去
I got an idea. Wait a minute.
我想到了,等等
What does your woman’s intuition tell you about her?
凭你的女性直觉,你觉得她怎样?
She’s all right. Maybe it’s her own fault for being in whatever the trouble is,
她还好,也许出这些麻烦是她自找的
but she’s all right, if that’s what you mean.
但她还好,如果你是这意思
我就是这意思
That’s what I mean.
你有没有能力藏她几天?
Are you strong enough for her to put her up for a few days?
– You mean at home? – Yeah.
– 你是说在家 – 是的
– Is she in any danger, Sam? – I think she is.
– 她有危险,山姆? – 是的
Gee, that’d scare Mom into a green hemorrhage.
会吓死我妈的
I’d have to say she’s a surprise witness or something
我得说她是目击证人之类的
you’re keeping undercover until the last minute.
你得一直瞒着
You’re a darling.
你真体贴
Brigid.
布瑞怡
爱菲说她可以收容你住几天
Effie here has offered to put you up for a few days.
谢谢好意
That’s very kind of you.
你们最好动身,从后面出去
You’d better start now. Go out the back entrance.
There’s usually a cab parked there by the alleyway.
小巷里通常有辆出租停着的
在半路桥上下车,确认没人跟踪
You ride partway with her over the bridge and make sure you’re not followed.
最好多换几辆计程车,以确保安全
You better change cabs a couple of times, just to be on the safe side.
我会打电♥话♥给妈妈
I’ll give Mom a ring.
等你回去大把时间可以
There’s time enough for that when you get back.
待会儿再联络
I’ll call you later.
喂?
Hello?
我是山姆·史派特
This is Samuel Spade.
我的秘书说布莱恩先生要见我
Say, my secretary tells me Mr. Bryan wants to see me.
是的,请问他什么时间最合适
Yeah. Ask him what time’s most convenient for him.
史派特
Spade. S-P-A-D-E.
嗨,甜心
Hello, honey.

Yeah.
2:30. All right. Thanks.
两点半,好,谢谢
山姆,请原谅我
Sam, forgive me. Please forgive me.
I sent those policemen to your place last night.
是我昨晚叫警♥察♥到你那里的
I was mad, crazy with jealousy. I phoned that if they went there,
我被醋意冲昏头了 我打电♥话♥叫他们过去
they’d learn something about Miles’ murder.
说会发现麦尔斯谋杀的线索
– What made you think of that? – I was mad, Sam. I wanted to hurt you.
– 你怎么会这么想? – 我疯了,山姆,我想伤害你
Did you tell them who you were when you phoned?
你打电♥话♥时告诉警♥察♥你的身份吗?
– No. Sam, dearest, I… – Where’d you phone from?
– 没有,山姆,最亲爱的,我… – 你从哪里打电♥话♥的?
你街对过的药店
The drugstore across from your place.
You better hurry along home and think of something to tell the police.
你最好赶紧回家 想一些话来应付警♥察♥
他们会找你的,顺便问下
You’ll be hearing from them, and by the way,
麦尔斯遇害那晚,你在什么地方?
where were you the night Miles was murdered?
家里
Home.
– 我真的在家! – 没有
– I was. – No.
但我不会追究你的故事
But if that’s your story, it’s all right with me.
Now you run along.
你走吧
喂?
Hello?
Yeah, this is Spade.
我是史派特
Yes, Mr. Gutman, I got it. Yeah, I’ve been waiting to hear from you.
是的,顾德曼先生,我拿到了 一直在等你的消息
越快越好,15分钟如何?好的
Well, now. The sooner, the better. Say, 15 minutes? Right.
好,12C
12C.
你左边的12C
12C to your left, sir.
– 啊,史派特先生 – 你好,顾德曼先生?
– Mr. Spade. – How do you do, Mr. Gutman?
你开局不错
You begin well, sir.
我不相信说“何时”的人
I distrust a man who says “when.”
他得当心酒后失言
He’s got to be careful not to drink too much,
因为他这样做的时候,是不被信任的
because he’s not to be trusted when he does.
好吧,先生
Well, sir,
我们就为开诚布公与 清楚的沟通干一杯
here’s to plain speaking and clear understanding.
– 你是个守口如瓶的人吗? – 不,我喜欢说话
– You’re a close-mouthed man? – No, I like to talk.
Better and better. I distrust a close-mouthed man.
我越来越欣赏你,我不信任守口如瓶的人
这种人开口的时机通常都 会不对,也通常会说错话
He generally picks the wrong time to talk and says the wrong things.
Talking’s something you can’t do judiciously unless you keep in practice.
明智的说话并不容易 除非时常练习
现在,先生,我们就开说吧
Now, sir. We’ll talk, if you like.
I’ll tell you right out. I’m a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk.
直说吧,我喜欢跟爱说话的人说话
很好
Swell.
谈谈黑鸟怎么样?
Will we talk about the black bird?
你正合我的胃口
You’re a man for me, sir.
不会拐弯抹角,说话直截了当
No beating about the bush. Right to the point.
Let’s talk about the black bird, by all means.
我们就来谈黑鸟
请先回答一个问题
But first, sir, answer me a question.
Are you here as Miss O’Shaughnessy’s representative?
你代表奥夏克尼希小姐吗?
并不一定,视情况而定
Well, there’s nothing certain either way. It depends.
看什么情况?
It depends on?
也许要看乔伊·开罗的
Maybe it depends on Joel Cairo.
Maybe.
也许
The question is then which you represent. It’ll be one or the other.
问题是你代表谁?非此即彼
我没有这么说
I didn’t say so.
– Who else is there? – There’s me.
– 还有谁呢? – 还有我自己
了不起,先生,了不起
That’s wonderful, sir, wonderful.
我喜欢一个人坦白地 表示他为自己着想
I do like a man who tells you right out he’s looking out for himself.
Don’t we all?
我们不都是如此吗?
我不信任自称不自私的人
I don’t trust a man who says he’s not.
让我们来谈黑鸟
Now, let’s talk about the black bird.
来吧
Let’s.
Mr. Spade, have you any conception
史派特先生,你了不了解
of how much money can be got for that black bird?
那只黑鸟可以弄来多少钱吗?
不知道
No.
我说个半价,你都会觉得我在骗人
Well, sir, if I told you, if I told you half, you’d call me a liar.
No, not even if I thought so.
不会,就算我这么想也不会
你告诉我那是什么 我自己会算出来价码
But you tell me what it is, and I’ll figure out the profit.
你不知道黑鸟是什么?
You mean, you don’t know what the bird is?
我知道它什么样
I know what it’s supposed to look like,
我也知道你们不惜杀人
and I know the value in human life you people put on it.
She didn’t tell you what it is?
她没有告诉你那是什么?
– 开罗也没有告诉你? – 他出价1万元
– Cairo didn’t, either? – He offered me $10,000 for it.
$10,000.
1万元
是美元,不是英镑
Dollars, mind you, not even pounds.
他们知道黑鸟是什么吗?你的印象是怎样的?
Do they know what that bird is, sir? What is your impression?
There’s not very much to go by.
没什么
Cairo didn’t say he did, and he didn’t say he didn’t.
开罗没有说他知道,也没说不知道
She said she didn’t, but I took it for granted she was lying.
而她说她不知道,但我认为她在说谎
我的判断不是没理由的
Not an injudicious thing to do.
如果他们都不知道 那我是全世界唯一知道的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!