然后我们再发誓指控你 他就把我们都抓住了
Get your hats.
去把帽子戴好
Well, boys and girls, we put it over nicely.
姑娘小伙子们,我们好好解决下
Go on, get your hats.
去,拿你的帽子
Don’t you know when you’re being kidded?
你不知道自己被耍笑了?
No, but that can wait till we get down to the hall.
不,我们等到了局子再说
Wake up, Dundy, you’re being kidded.
醒醒吧,邓迪,你被耍笑了
一听到警笛,我就对他们两位说
When I heard the buzzer, I said to Miss O’Shaughnessy and Cairo here,
I said, “There’s the police again. They’re getting to be a nuisance.
警♥察♥又来了,他们还真是讨厌
“When you hear them going, one of you scream,
听到他们来,你们中的一个就叫
然后看把他们耍得团团转能耍多久
“and then we’ll see how far along we can string them until they tumble.”
住嘴,山姆
Stop it, Sam!
That cut on his head. How did that get there?
他头上是怎么受伤的?
– Ask him. Maybe he cut himself shaving. – The cut? No.
– 问他啊,也许是刮胡子时受的伤 – 伤口?不是
When we pretended to be struggling for the gun, I fell over the carpet. I fell.
我们装着抢手♥枪♥ 我摔在地毯上,摔的
Horsefeathers.
胡说八道!
Take him along, anyway, for packing a gun.
把他带走,非法持枪
Don’t be a sap.
别傻了
那枪是个局,枪是我的
That gun was a plant. It was one of mine.
It’s too bad it was only a .25, or maybe you could prove that was the gun
可惜,只是点25,要不你就得证明
那是凶枪
that Miles and Thursby were shot with.
– No, Sam! No! – Well, then get him out of here.
– 不…山姆…不… – 带他走
– Get their names and addresses. – My name is Joel Cairo, Hotel Belvedere.
– 记下他们的名字和地址 – 乔伊·开罗,了望楼旅馆
Miss O’Shaughnessy’s address is my office.
奥夏克尼希小姐的地址就是我的办公室
– Where do you live? – Get him out of here! I’ve had enough…
– 你住哪? – 让他走!我受够了!
Now, now. Take it easy, will you, Sam? Is that all you want, Lieutenant?
放松,山姆,这是你想要的,警探?
– Yeah. – I think I’ll be going now.
我要走了
What’s the hurry, Cairo?
干嘛那么急?
There is no hurry. It’s getting quite late, and…
不是着急,太晚了
Tell him to leave the gun.
跟他讲不要带走手♥枪♥
I hope you know what you’re doing, Sam.
希望你很清楚自己在干什么,山姆
You’re absolutely the wildest, most unpredictable person I’ve ever known.
你是我这辈子所碰过最野 最难以预料的人
Do you always carry on so highhanded?
你总是这么横吗?
Well, you’ve had your talk with Cairo.
你已经跟开罗谈过了嘛
Now you can talk to me.
现在你可以跟我谈!
当然
Yes, of course.
我在听
I’m listening.
I’m still listening.
我还在听
– Look at the time. I must be going. – No. Not till you’ve told me all about it.
– 看时间,我该走了 – 不行,统统告诉我了再走
Am I a prisoner?
我是囚犯吗?
Maybe the boy outside hasn’t gone home yet.
也许外面那家伙还没回家
Do you suppose he’s still there?
他还在那里?
Likely.
可能
开始说吧
You can start now.
You are the most insistent person.
你这家伙太固执了
不但野而且还很难预料,不是吗?
And wild and unpredictable, huh?
Say, what’s this bird, this Falcon that everybody’s all steamed up about?
这只鸟…这只鹰怎么回事? 为什么大家这么热衷?
如果我什么都不跟你讲
Supposing I wouldn’t tell you anything about it at all?
你会怎样?干撒野和难以预料的事?
What would you do? Something wild and unpredictable?
I might.
可能喔
It’s a black figure, as you know, smooth and shiny,
那是一个黑色雕塑,光滑、闪亮…
那是一只鸟、鹰,大约这么高
of a bird, a hawk or falcon, about that high.
我来
Here.
– What makes it so important? – I don’t know. They wouldn’t tell me.
– 它为什么这么重要? – 不晓得,他们不告诉我
他们付我5百块,如果我能从 持有的那个人那里找回来
They offered me £500 if I’d help them get it away from the man who had it.
在伊斯坦布尔?
That was in Istanbul?
Marmara.
马尔马拉海
继续说
Go ahead.
就这样了
But that’s all.
他们答应,帮他们的话 付我5百,我就来了
They promised me £500 if I’d help them, and I did.
我们发现乔伊想背弃我们
Then we found out that Joel Cairo intended to desert us,
独吞那只鹰
taking the Falcon with him and leaving Floyd and me nothing.
所以我们就那样对付他
So we did exactly that to him.
但情况一点没好转
Then I wasn’t any better off than I was before,
because Floyd hadn’t any intention of keeping his promise to me about sharing equally.
因为佛洛德也不打算信守诺言平分,
我们到这里后我才了解的
I’d learned that by the time we got here.
那只鸟什么材质?
What’s the bird made of?
瓷或者黑石…不晓得 我只看过一次,而且只几分钟
Porcelain or black stone. I don’t know. I only saw it once for a few minutes.
我们第一次拿到的时候 佛洛德给我看过
Floyd showed it to me when we first got hold of it.
你撒谎
You are a liar.
没错
I am.
我一直在撒谎
I’ve always been a liar.
别自吹自擂
Don’t brag about it.
这奇谈里有没有什么值得相信的?
Was there any truth at all in that yarn?
一些些
Some.
不多就是了
Not very much.
我们有的是时间
Well, we got all night.
咖啡马上准备好,喝了咖啡重新再来
Coffee’ll be ready soon. We’ll have a cup and try again.
我很累了
I’m so tired.
厌倦了撒谎
So tired of lying and making up lies.
我已经分不清哪些是谎言 哪些是真话了,我希望…
Not knowing what is a lie and what’s the truth. I wish…
我要跟开罗先生谈,乔伊·开罗
I want to talk to Mr. Cairo, Joel Cairo.
谢谢
Thanks.
他在哪里?
Where is he?
– 什么? – 他在哪里?
– What? – Where is he?
– 谁啊? – 开罗
– Who? – Cairo.
你想干嘛?逗我玩吗?
What do you think you’re doing, Jack, kidding me?
I’ll tell you when I am.
我要逗你的时候会告诉你
New York, aren’t you?
纽约,不是吗?
Shove off.
走开!
You’re gonna have to talk to me before you’re through, sonny.
你必须先开口跟我讲,年青人
Some of you will, and you can tell the fat man I said so.
你们有人会的,转告那个胖男人
继续问吧,你会得到的,很多
Keep asking for it and you’re gonna get it, plenty.
我叫你走开!
I told you to shove off.
Shove off.
走开!
很多人这样讲话没了牙齿
People lose teeth talking like that.
You want to hang around, you’ll be polite.
你想在这里混,就礼貌点
Luke.
卢克
– 你好,山姆 – 你好,卢克
– Hello, Sam. – Hello, Luke.
Say, that was too bad about Miles.
麦尔斯的事太遗憾了
Yeah. It was a tough break.
是啊,是个惊天意外
I want to show you something.
我有东西给你看
What do you let these cheap gunmen hang around the lobby for,
你干嘛让这些廉价的枪手在大厅里晃荡
他们的铳子都凸出来了
with their heaters bulging in their clothes?
你想干嘛?
What do you want here?
如果没什么事的话,闪人吧
Well, if you don’t want anything, beat it
不要再来
and don’t come back.
I won’t forget you guys.
我不会忘记你们的
– 什么状况? – 不晓得,我刚刚发现他
– What is it? – I don’t know. I just spotted him.
– 麦尔斯那里怎样? – 回见,卢克
– Say, what about Miles? – I’ll see you, Luke.
– 603. – Yes, sir.
– 603 – 是,先生
早安
Good morning.
– Good morning. – There you are, sir.
– 早安 – 给你,先生
找个地方聊聊吧
Let’s go someplace where we can talk.
No. Our private conversations have not been such
不,我可没什么兴趣继续
that I’m anxious to continue them.
我们的私下谈话
Forgive my speaking so bluntly, but it is the truth.
原谅我的粗鲁,但事实如此
You mean last night? What else could I do?
你是指昨晚的事?我能怎么样?
I had to throw in with her. I don’t know where the bird is,
我必须站在她那边,我不知道鸟在哪里
and neither do you. She does.
你也不知道,只有她知道
How’re we gonna get it if I don’t play along with her?
如果我不和她周♥旋♥我们怎么搞得到?
You always have a very smooth explanation ready, huh?
你总是能自圆其说
What do you want me to do? Learn to stutter?
难道要我口吃不成?
邓迪带你去警局了?他们盘问了你多久?
Dundy take you down to the station? How long did they work on you?
Till a little while ago.
直到刚才
– What’d they shake out of you? – Shake out? Not one thing.
– 他们抖落出你什么没有? – 抖落?没有
我坚持你晚上的说辞
I adhered to the course you indicated earlier in your rooms,
但我真希望你编得更像一点
but I certainly wish you would have invented a more reasonable story.
I felt distinctly like an idiot repeating it.
重复那些我自己都觉得蠢
别在意那些胡扯
Don’t worry about the story’s goofiness.
A sensible one would have had us all in the cooler.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!