你不必这么辛苦,设法说服我信任你
But don’t worry about that now.
不必再担心这件事了
He’ll be along any minute.
他随时会到
解决掉你跟开罗的事,然后我们的情况就会明朗
You get your business with Cairo over with, then we’ll see how we stand.
And you’ll let me go about it with him in my own way?
你会让我用自己的方法处理他?
当然
Sure.
You are a godsend.
你简直就是上帝的恩赐
不要做得太过火
Well, now don’t overdo it.
Mr. Spade, there is a boy outside. He seems to be watching the house.
史派特先生,外面有人在监视
Yeah, I know. I spotted him.
我知道,我看到了
What? What’s that? What boy?
怎样?什么监不监视的?
I don’t know. A kid. He’s been trailing me all evening.
有个年青人一直在跟踪我
– Did he follow you to my apartment? – No. I shook him long before that.
– 他有没有一直跟踪你到我公♥寓♥? – 我早把他甩掉了
进来吧,开罗先生
Come in, Mr. Cairo.
– I’m delighted to see you again, madam. – I was sure you would be, Joel.
– 很高兴再见到你,夫人 – 我想你也是
Mr. Spade told me about your offer for the Falcon.
史派特先生跟我提过你关于鹰的提议
– How soon can you have the money ready? – The money is ready.
– 钱你多快能筹得到? – 钱已经准备好了
– 现金? – 是的
– In cash? – Yes.
You’re ready to pay $5,000 if we turn over the Falcon to you?
你真的愿意付5千块找回那只鹰?
Excuse me, please. I must have expressed myself badly.
抱歉!我一定是没有把意思讲清楚
钱不在我的口袋里
I did not mean to say that I have the money in my pocket,
but that I am ready to get it for you on a few minutes’ notice,
银行上班时
anytime during banking hours.
我随时可以提
That’s probably true. He only had a couple of hundred on him
也许是吧,我下午在办公室搜他时
when I searched him late this afternoon at my office.
他身上有几百块
我会把钱送过来的,早上十点半?
I shall be able to have the money for you at, say, 10:30 in the morning.
But I haven’t got the Falcon.
我还没拿到鹰呢!
I’ll have it in another week at the most, though.
再给我一个礼拜吧
Then where is it?
到底在哪里?
– Where Floyd hid it. – Floyd hid…
– 佛洛德藏起来了 – 佛洛德藏…
你知道在哪里吗?干嘛还要等一个礼拜?
And you know where he hid it? Then why do we have to wait a week?
Perhaps not a whole week.
也许不必一整个礼拜
And why, if I may ask another question, are you willing to sell it to me?
再问个问题,为什么你会愿意卖♥♥给我?
Because I’m afraid.
佛洛德发生那些事后
After what happened to Floyd, I’m afraid to touch it,
我很怕碰它
只想摆脱它
except to turn it over to somebody else.
佛洛德怎么了?
What exactly did happen to Floyd?
The fat man.
那个胖男人
Fat man.
那个胖男人
– Is he here? – I don’t know. I suppose so.
– 他在这里? – 我想是吧
What difference does it make?
有什么差别?
差别可大了
It might make a world of difference.
Or you or me.
对你还是对我?
Precisely. But, shall we add, more certainly
要不要处理掉
外面那家伙?
the boy outside?
好,但你应该能很好的处理掉他,乔伊
Yes. But you might be able to get around him, Joel,
as you did the one in Istanbul.
就像伊斯坦布尔那一回
他叫什么名字来着?
What was his name?
你是指那个你无法…
You mean the one you couldn’t get to come to…
This is the second time that you have laid hands on me.
这是你第二次攻击我
你挨抽的时候就受着吧
When you’re slapped, you’ll take it and like it.
Who’s that?
那是谁?
I don’t know. Keep quiet.
不晓得,安静
Hello.
你好
You guys pick swell hours to do your visiting in.
你们可真会挑时间上门啊
– 几点啦? – 我们要事找你聊,史派特
– What is it this time? – We want to talk to you, Spade.
Well, go ahead and talk.
那就说吧
We don’t have to do it out here in the hall, do we, Sam?
不会让我们站在走廊说吧?
– 你们不能进来 – 别瞎掰了,山姆
– You can’t come in. – Come off it now, Sam.
You aren’t trying to strong-arm me, are you, Tom?
你不会是想暴♥力♥相向吧?
Why don’t you be reasonable?
讲点道理啊
It would pay you to play along with us a little, Spade.
跟我们玩你会付出代价的,史派德
You got away with this, and you got away with that,
你逃得过初一
but you can’t keep it up forever.
逃不过十五
– Stop me when you can. – That’s what I intend to do.
– 行的时候就阻止我 – 我很想这么做
There’s talk going around about you and Archer’s wife.
有关于你和阿契尔妻子的闲言碎语
– 有这回事吗? – 无稽之谈
– Is there anything to it? – Not a thing.
The talk is that she tried to get a divorce from him
谣言说,阿契尔的太太很想离婚
so she could put in with you, and he wouldn’t give it to her.
这样才能跟你在一起,他不想离
– Anything to that? – No.
– 有这回事吗? – 没有
谣言说,这就是他被杀的原因
There’s even talk that that’s why he was put on the spot.
Don’t be a hog, Dundy.
别太贪了,邓迪
Your first idea that I killed Thursby because he killed Miles
如果你觉得是我杀了麦尔斯的话
那么你起初怀疑我为了麦尔斯 而杀德斯派的假设就不攻而破了
falls to pieces if you blame me for killing Miles, too.
You haven’t heard me say you killed anybody.
我没说过你杀了任何人
You’re the one that keeps bringing that up.
你倒是老提这个
Haven’t you anything better to do than to keep popping in here
除了老到我这里来 你们就没别的事可干了吗?
early every morning, asking a lot of fool questions?
老是一大早来问堆蠢问题
– 还想要得到假答案 – 不要冲动
– And getting a lot of lying answers. – Take it easy.
If you say there’s nothing between you and Archer’s wife,
如果你说跟阿契尔太太之间是清白的
那你就是撒谎
you’re a liar and I’m telling you so.
这就是你们会大半夜登门来找我的线索?
Is that the hot tip that brought you up here at this ungodly hour of the night?
That’s one of them.
这是其中之一
其它的呢?
And the other?
让我们进去
Let us in.
All right, Spade, we’ll go.
好吧,史派特,我们走就是了
Maybe you’re right in bucking us. Think it over.
也许你顶撞我们是对的 再考虑看看吧
救命啊!
Help!
– I guess we’re going in. – I guess you are.
– 看来我们得进去了 – 我猜是的
What’s going on in here?
怎么回事啊?
Look, Officer! Look what she did!
警官!看看她干了什么好事!
– Did you do that? – I had to.
– 你干的? – 不得不这样
我和他独处,他想袭击我
I was alone in here with him. He tried to attack me.
I had to keep him off. I couldn’t bring myself to shoot him.
我得让他走开,但我没办法朝他开枪
You dirty, filthy liar! You… It isn’t true!
你这个肮脏的大骗子!你…不是这样的!
I came up here in good faith, and then both of them attacked me.
我来这里没恶意,他们俩攻击我
他出去和你们讲话时,留她和一把手♥枪♥在这里
And then when he went out to talk to you, he left her here with a pistol.
她说你们一走,他们就会杀了我
And she said as soon as you leave, they are going to kill me,
so I called for help because I didn’t want you to leave me and be murdered.
我才会喊救命 因为我不想你们让我被谋杀
她用手♥枪♥敲我
And then she struck me with a pistol!
Why don’t you make him tell the truth?
为什么不逼他讲真话!
注意你的行为,大姐
Behave yourself, sister.
别演戏了
That’s no way to act.
Well, Tom, I don’t guess we’ll be wrong running the lot of them in.
看来我们得带大队人马来了
别急,年青人,一切都好解释
Don’t be in a hurry, boys. Everything can be explained.
我敢打赌
I’ll bet.
这位是奥夏克尼希小姐
Miss O’Shaughnessy, may I present
邓迪警探,柏郝斯警探
Lieutenant Dundy and Detective Sergeant Polhaus?
Miss O’Shaughnessy is an operative in my employ since yesterday.
奥夏克尼希小姐昨天起是我的手下
骗人!
That’s a lie, too.
That is Mr. Joel Cairo.
那是乔伊·开罗先生
Cairo was an acquaintance of Thursby’s. He came into my office late this afternoon
开罗跟德斯派很熟,他今天下午来我办公室
and hired me to find something that Thursby
他雇我找东西
was supposed to have on him when he was bumped off.
德斯派被杀时东西在他手上
It looked funny to me the way he put it, so I wouldn’t touch it.
他说话方式很滑稽,所以我没接手
他用枪指着我,但这没有关系
Then he pulled a gun on me. Well, that’s neither here nor there,
unless we start preferring charges against each other.
除非我们相互指控
Anyway, Miss O’Shaughnessy and I discussed the matter,
奥夏克尼希小姐和我讨论情况
决定了解他知道多少
and we decided to find out exactly how much he knew
麦尔斯和德斯派被杀的内情
about Miles’ and Thursby’s killings,
所以我们请他上来
so we asked him to come up here.
Now, maybe we did put the questions to him a little roughly.
可能我们询问的时候的确粗暴了点儿
You know how that is, Lieutenant.
你是了解状况的,警探
But we didn’t hurt him enough to make him cry for help.
但我们还没有把他伤到要喊救命
– Well, what have you got to say to that? – I don’t know what to say.
– 你想解释什么的吗? – 不知道该说什么
Try telling the facts.
说实话吧
– What? Facts? – Quit stalling.
– 实话? – 罗罗嗦嗦
All you have to do is swear out a complaint they took a poke at you,
你只需发誓说他们打了你
and I’ll throw them in the can.
我就把他们扔进号♥子
Go ahead, Cairo. Tell him, he’ll do it.
说啊,开罗,告诉他,他会这样的
Then we’ll swear out a complaint against you, and he’ll have the lot of us.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!