Quick, darling, in with him.
Will you come in, Mr. Cairo?
进来吧,开罗先生
Will you sit down, Mr. Cairo?
请坐,开罗先生
Thank you, sir.
谢谢
Now, what can I do for you, Mr. Cairo?
有何贵干,开罗先生?
May a stranger offer condolences for your partner’s unfortunate death?
身为一名陌生人,我可不可以向你搭档的意外致哀?
谢谢
Thanks.
Is there, Mr. Spade, as the newspapers imply,
情况正如报纸暗示的
a certain relationship between that unfortunate happening
那件不幸事件
and the death a little later of the man Thursby?
真的跟稍后德斯派的死有关吗?
很抱歉,无关!
I beg your pardon. No.
More than idle curiosity prompted my question.
我不是闲得无聊问这个问题的
这样讲好了,史派特先生,我在找
See, Mr. Spade, I’m trying to recover
an ornament that, shall we say, has been mislaid.
一件饰品,就说它遗失了好了
I thought and hoped you could assist me.
我想…也希望你能帮我
The ornament is a statuette,
那件饰品是一尊雕像
a black figure of a bird.
一只黑鸟
I am prepared to pay, on behalf
我谨代表物主
of the figure’s rightful owner, the sum of $5,000 for its recovery.
打算高价找回它,酬劳是5千块
I am prepared to promise that, what is the phrase?
我答应…那句话是怎么讲的?
No questions will be asked.
不问任何问题
$5,000 is a lot of money.
5千块不算少
Yes, Effie?
什么,爱菲
No, that’ll be all. Just be sure to lock the door behind you on your way out.
不,行了,出去时候锁好门就行
Good night.
晚安
$5,000 is…
5千块很…
手放在脖子后面
You will clasp your hands together at the back of your neck.
I intend to search your offices, Mr. Spade.
我要搜你的办公室,史派特先生
I warn you, if you attempt to prevent me, I shall certainly shoot you.
我警告你哦 如果你想阻止我,我会开枪哦
Go ahead and search.
搜吧
Will you please come to the center of the room?
麻烦你到中间来一下
I have to make certain that you are not armed.
我要确定你没配枪
PASSPORT Joel Cairo
护照:乔伊·开罗
FRENCH REPUBLIC PASSPORT
法国护照
Look what you did to my shirt.
你看看你,把我衣服搞成这样
Sorry.
很抱歉
But imagine my embarrassment when I found out that $5,000 offer
但请你想一下 我发现5千块是骗人的时候
我多狼狈啊
was just hooey.
Mr. Spade, my offer is genuine.
我讲的是真的
I am prepared to pay $5,000 for the figure’s return.
我会付你5千块,如果找得到它
– Do you have it? – No.
– 在你手上吗? – 没
But if it isn’t here,
如果没有的话
why did you risk serious injury to prevent my searching for it?
干嘛还要冒受伤的险阻止我搜查
Why should I sit around here and let people come in and stick me up?
我能让别人随便在我这里撒野吗?
如果可以的话,帮物主省点钱
But certainly it is only natural that I try to save the owner
such a considerable expense, if possible.
是很自然的一件事
Who is he?
谁?
Mr. Spade, you’ll forgive my not answering that question.
很抱歉,我不能回答你这个问题
Yeah, well, I think we’d be better off all around
我们最好看看
大家的牌是不是都在桌子上
if we’d put our cards on the table.
No, I do not think it would be better.
最好不要
You see, Mr. Spade, if you know more than I do,
这样讲好了,如果你知道的比我还多
then I shall profit by your knowledge.
我会因此而得利
So will you, to the extent of $5,000.
所以,就到5千块的程度吧
There’s nothing like $5,000 here.
好像没看到5千块啊
You want some assurance of my sincerity?
原来你希望我的诚恳 要有某程度的保证
– A retainer? Would that do? – It might.
– 一点聘金?怎么样? – 可以
You will take, say, $100?
你就先拿…1百块,怎样?
不…我要…两百块
No. I will take, say, $200.
Now, let’s see, your first guess was that I had the bird.
你的第一个猜测是 那只鸟在我手上
There’s nothing to that.
答案是不在我手上
What’s your second guess?
你的第二个猜测是什么?
That you know where it is, or at least you know it is where you can get it.
你知道在哪里 或者至少拿回来的方法
你不是请我来杀人越货
You’re not hiring me to do any murders or burglaries,
but simply to get it back if possible, in an honest, lawful way?
而是在合法的情况下把它找回来的
如果可以的话当然最好
If possible.
但你自己决定就好
But in any case, with discretion.
When you wish to contact me, sir, I’m staying at the Hotel Belvedere,
如果你想联络我的话 我住在了望楼旅馆
635室
room 635.
I sincerely expect the greatest mutual benefit
我诚恳希望能合作愉快
from our association, Mr. Spade.
互惠互利,史派特先生
May I please have my gun, now?
枪可以还我了吧?
Oh, sure. I’d forgotten all about it.
当然,我全忘光了
Will you please clasp your hands together at the back of your neck?
请你把手放在脖子后面
I intend to search your offices.
我要搜你的办公室
要不,我会…
Well, I’ll be…
Why, sure.
好啊…搜吧…
Go ahead. I won’t stop you.
我不会阻止你
右转,开上山,司机
– Turn to the right and go up the hill, driver. – Okay.
Mr. Spade.
史派特先生
你有没有什么消息?
Do you bring any news?
I mean, did you manage it so that the police won’t have to know about me?
你有没有搞定,让警方不知道我?
Well, they won’t for a while, anyway.
一段时间内他们是不会知道的
你太棒了
You are wonderful.
你不会有麻烦吧?
You won’t get into any trouble, will you?
I don’t mind a reasonable amount of trouble.
某个程度内的麻烦也不错
请坐
Do sit down.
你不是你假装的那种人
You aren’t exactly the sort of a person you pretend to be, are you?
我不大明白你的意思
Why, I’m not sure I know exactly what you mean.
小女生的态度,你知道的 忸怩、吞吞吐吐什么的
The schoolgirl manner. You know, blushing, stammering and all that.
我没过过好生活,我过得很糟
I haven’t lived a good life. I’ve been bad.
Worse than you could know.
比你想像的还要糟
很好,因为如果你真的就像自己装的
Yeah, well, that’s good, because if you actually were
那么无辜的话 我们就不会有什么发展
as innocent as you pretend to be, we’d never get anywhere.
我不会再扮天真了
I won’t be innocent.
很好
Good.
对了,今晚我见过乔伊·开罗
By the way, I saw Joel Cairo tonight.
– Do you know him? – Only slightly.
– 你认识他吗? – 点头之交
You’re good. You’re very good.
你行啊,真行
– 他怎么说? – 说什么?
– What did he say? – About what?
– 说我 – 没什么
– About me. – Nothing.
– 那你们说什么了? – 他想付我5千块找回那只黑鸟
– What did you talk about then? – He offered me $5,000 for the black bird.
你不会是又想去走过去
You’re not going to go around the room straightening things
and poking the fire again, are you?
拨火吧?
No, I’m not.
当然不是
– What did you say? – I said $5,000 was a lot of money.
– 你怎么说? – 我说5千块不算少
It is.
那是
It’s more than I can ever offer you if I have to bid for your loyalty.
比我付你的还多 如果我得争取你的忠诚的话
你说得很好
That’s good coming from you.
What have you ever given me beside money?
除了钱外,你还给了我什么?
你给过我信任和真♥相♥吗?
You ever given me any of your confidence, any of the truth?
Haven’t you tried to buy my loyalty with money and nothing else?
你不就是用钱来买♥♥我的忠诚吗?
What else is there I can buy you with?
我还有什么能付出的?
I don’t care what your secrets are,
我不管你的秘密是什么
但如果我对你没有更多信心就不行
but I can’t go ahead without more confidence in you than I’ve got now.
You’ve got to convince me that you know what this is all about,
你得说服我是怎么回事
that you aren’t just fiddling around, hoping it’ll all come out right in the end.
你不是在瞎混,等着天上掉馅饼
Can’t you trust me a little longer?
你就不能再信任我久点儿吗?
How much is a little? What are you waiting for?
久点儿是多久?你还在等什么呢?
我必须找乔伊·开罗谈
I’ve got to talk to Joel Cairo.
You can see him tonight. He’s at the theater. It’ll be out soon.
今晚你可以去找他,他会去看戏,很快要停演了
– I’ll leave a message at his hotel. – He can’t come here.
– 我会在他的旅馆里留言 – 他不能来这里
我不能让他知道我在哪里
I can’t let him know where I am. I’m afraid.
My place, then.
那就去我那里好了
喂?
Hello?
– I want to leave a message for Joel Cairo. – All right.
– 我想留言给乔伊·开罗 – 好的
You know, I never would’ve placed myself in this position
如果我无法完全信任你
if I didn’t trust you completely.
我就不会让自己处于这个境地
That again?
又来了?
这是真的
Do you know that’s true, though?
You don’t have to trust me, so long as you can persuade me to trust you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!