枪爆烧到他的外套
That’s it. The blast burnt his coat.
– 是谁发现的? – 巡逻的人
– Who found him? – Man on the beat.
– 还有没有别人听到枪声? – 一定有,我们刚到
– Anybody hear the shot? – Somebody must’ve. We just got here.
在我带走他以前,你还想看看他吗?
You want to go down and have a look at him before we take him away?
不了,该看的你都看到了
No, you’ve seen everything I could.
他的枪还插在身后没开过
His gun was still tucked away on his hip. Hadn’t been fired.
他的外套扣着
His overcoat was buttoned.
我在他的背心口袋里找到一张 百元钞票,裤袋里还有三十几块
I found a $100 bill in his vest pocket and 30 some bucks in his pants.
他在执行任务,是吧,山姆?
Was he working, Sam?
怎样?
Well?
– 对,他在跟踪一个名叫德斯派的家伙 – 干嘛?
– He was tailing a guy named Thursby. – What for?
干嘛?
What for?
想知道他住哪里,别盘问我了,汤姆
He wanted to find out where he lived. Don’t crowd me, Tom.
我要去通知麦尔斯的太太噩耗了
I’m going on down and break the news to Miles’ wife.
一定很为难吧?他死得那么惨
It’s tough, him getting it like that, ain’t it?
麦尔斯自己也有错,就像我们所有人
Miles had his faults, just like any of the rest of us,
但我想他的优点也不少
but I guess he must’ve had some good points, too, huh?
我想是吧
I guess so.
请找旺德莉小姐
Miss Wonderly, please.
退房♥了吗?几点?
Checked out? What time?
有没有留回信地址?
Any forwarding address?
谢谢
Thanks.
你好,汤姆,你好啊,警探,请进
Hello, Tom. Hello, Lieutenant. Come in.
请坐
Sit down.
请坐
Sit down.
想喝什么?
Drink?
你跟麦尔斯的太太讲过了吗?
Did you break the news to Miles’ wife, Sam?
她承受得了吗?
How’d she take it?
– 我不了解女人 – 从何时开始?
– I don’t know anything about women. – Since when?
你配什么枪?
What kind of a gun do you carry?
没,我不喜欢枪,当然 办公室里有几把
None. I don’t like them. Course, there are some at the office.
这里没有吗?你确定?
You don’t happen to have one here? You sure about that?
到处看啊,可以把垃圾桶翻个底朝天啊
Look around. Turn the dump upside down if you want to.
如果你有搜查令的话,我不会抗♥议♥的
I won’t squawk if you got a search warrant.
我们不想搞出…
We don’t want to make any…
我不喜欢这样!你们来究竟 为什么,
I don’t like this! Why are you birds sucking around here for?
直说,要不走人
Tell me or get out.
你不能这样待我们 山姆,我们有公务在身
You can’t treat us like that, Sam. It ain’t right. We got our work to do.
你干嘛跟踪德斯派?
Why were you tailing Thursby?
我没有,麦尔斯在跟,
I wasn’t. Miles was
原因很简单,我们的客户…
and for the simple reason we had a client…
– 谁? – 这一点我不能讲
– Who’s the client? – Sorry, I can’t tell you that.
拜托,山姆,说吧,你查到什么线索
Be reasonable, Sam. Give us a break, will you?
要不我们怎么查麦尔斯被杀的案子
How we gonna turn up anything on Miles’ killing if you don’t tell us what you got?
汤姆说,你匆忙得 看都不看一眼死去的搭档
Tom says you were in too much of a hurry
to even stop and take a look at your dead partner.
你也没去阿契尔的家和他太太讲
And you didn’t go to Archer’s house to tell his wife.
我们打过电♥话♥去你办公室
We called your office
那个女孩说,是你要她那样做的
and the girl there said you told her to do it.
我给你十分钟打电♥话♥给那个女孩
I’ll give you 10 minutes to get to a phone and do your talking to the girl.
给你十分钟联络德斯派的住所 GL那里
I’ll give you 10 minutes to get to Thursby’s joint, Geary and Leavenworth.
你轻而易举可以做到的
You could do it easily in that time.
你男朋友说什么啊,汤姆?
What’s your boyfriend getting at, Tom?
德斯派在他的旅馆外被枪击了
Just this, Thursby was shot down in front of his hotel
你离开布♥什♥街半小时后
about a half an hour after you left Bush Street.
把你的爪子拿开
Keep your paws off me.
你到家时几点?
What time did you get home?
比你早到就是了,我闲逛了一下想事情
Just a few minutes ahead of you. I was walking around thinking things over.
我们知道你去了那里,我们在电♥话♥上找过你
We know you weren’t here. We tried to get you on the phone.
你去了哪里? 布♥什♥街
– Where did you walk to? – Up Bush Street.
你看到什么人…
– Did you see anybody…
不,没有目击证人
– No. No witnesses.
我知道自己的处境了
Well, I know where I stand, now.
抱歉我站起来了,伙计们
Sorry I got up on my hind legs, boys,
但你们想吊死我,让我很紧张
but you fellas trying to rope me made me nervous.
麦尔斯的死本来就让我心烦意乱 你们又来搅局
Miles getting bumped off upset me, and then you birds cracking foxy.
但没事,我现在了解情况了
But it’s all right now, now that I know what it’s all about.
算了,山姆
Forget it, Sam.
德斯派死了?
– Thursby die? – Yeah.
我是怎么干掉德斯派的?我忘了
How’d I kill him? I forget.
他背后中四枪,点44或点45手♥枪♥,街对面开的枪
He was shot in the back four times with a .44 or .45 from across the street.
没人看到,但看得出来是这样
Nobody saw it, but that’s how it figures.
旅馆服务员知道他什么吗?
Hotel people know anything about him?
没什么,就知道他在那里住了一周
Nothing, except that he lived there a week.
– 一个人? – 对,一个人
– Alone? – Yeah, alone.
他是什么人?他搞什么把戏?
Did you find out who he was? What his game was? Well, did you?
– 我们以为你知道
– We thought you could tell us that.
– 我从没见过德斯派,不管死的活的
– I’ve never seen Thursby, dead or alive.
你了解我的,史派德
Well, you know me, Spade.
不管是不是你干的
If you did it, or if you didn’t,
我还是会和你公平交易,提供给你线索
you’ll get a square deal from me and most of the breaks.
我不会怪你,别人干掉了你的搭档…
Don’t know as I’d blame you much. The man that killed your partner…
但我还是会盯着你
But that won’t stop me from nailing you.
很公平
Fair enough.
但你们和我喝一杯我会感觉好点
But I’d feel better about it if you’d have a drink with me.
祝成功破案
Success to crime.
德斯派,阿契尔谋杀案并案
私♥家♥侦♥探♥在跟踪德斯派
她在里面
She’s in there.
我让你帮我挡她的
– I told you to keep her away from me.
你没教我方法嘛
– Yes, but you didn’t tell me how.
别对我发脾气,山姆,我受了她一整晚
Don’t be cranky with me, Sam. I’ve had her all night.
抱歉,亲爱的,我不是想…
Sorry, angel. I didn’t mean…
你好,伊娃
Hello, Iva.
Sam.
山姆…
亲爱的
Darling.
爱菲都处理得很好吧?
Effie take care of everything?
我想是吧
I think so.
山姆,是你杀的他吗?
Sam, did you kill him?
是谁这样跟你讲的啊?
Who put that bright idea in your head?
我还记得你说过 要不是为了麦尔斯,你已经…
Well, I thought you said if it wasn’t for Miles, you’d…
对我好点,山姆
Be kind to me, Sam.
你杀了我丈夫,山姆…对我好点!
“You killed my husband, Sam. Be kind to me.”
不要,伊娃,不要!
Don’t, Iva. Don’t.
你不该来这里的,你必须待在家里
You shouldn’t have come here today, darling. You ought to be home.
你会很快到,是吧?
You’ll come soon?
尽快就是了
Soon as I can.
再见,伊娃
Goodbye, Iva.
怎样
Well,
你跟那个寡妇搞得怎样?
how did you and the widow make out?
她以为麦尔斯是我♥干♥掉的
She thinks I shot Miles.
这样你就可以娶她了?
– So you could marry her?
条子以为德斯派是我♥干♥掉的
– The cops think I killed Thursby,
那个麦尔斯帮旺德莉女士跟踪的家伙
the guy Miles was tailing for that Wonderly dame.
你觉得我♥干♥掉谁啦?
Who do you think I shot?
你会娶伊娃吗?
Are you going to marry Iva?
别傻了,真希望我从没看到过她
Don’t be silly. I wish I’d never laid eyes on her.
她会不会干掉他啊?
Do you suppose she could have killed him?
真有你的,简直就是笨得可爱
You’re an angel. A nice, rattlebrained, little angel.
– 是吗? – 谢谢,甜心
– Oh, am I? – Thanks, honey.
如果我告诉你你的伊娃没回家多久
Suppose I told you that your Iva hadn’t been home many minutes
当我凌晨3点给她带去噩耗时…?
when I arrived to break the news at 3:00 this morning?
你会告诉我吗?
Are you telling me?
她脱衣服时要我在门边等她
She kept me waiting at the door while she undressed.
她的衣帽,内衣扔在椅子上
Her clothes were on a chair where she’d dumped them, hat and coat underneath.
她的内衣还是温的咧!
Her slip, on top, was still warm.
她弄皱了床,但皱纹也没压扁
She’d wrinkled up the bed, but the wrinkles weren’t mashed down.
你真有侦探的料,但不是她干的,亲爱的
You’re a detective, darling, but she didn’t kill him.
条子真以为那个谁是你干掉的吗?
Do the police really think you shot this what’s-his-name?
看着我,山姆
Do they? Look at me, Sam.
我很担心你
You worry me.
你总以为一切尽在掌握

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!