现在轮到耶哥
Now, Jacoby.
Captain Jacoby’s death was entirely Miss O’Shaughnessy’s fault.
耶哥船长会死 完全是奥夏克尼希小姐的过错
告诉我事情经过
Tell me what happened.
如你所猜测的,开罗先生
Well, Cairo, as you must have surmised, got in touch with me
昨天离开警局后就来找我
after he left police headquarters yesterday night or morning.
He recognized the mutual advantage of pooling forces.
他明白共同合作的好处
Mr. Cairo is a man of nice judgment.
开罗先生的判断力很好
The Paloma was his thought. He saw the notice of its arrival in the papers
鸽子号♥是他想出来的,他读到船进港的消息
想起他在香港听说的事
and remembered he had heard in Hong Kong
耶哥与奥夏克尼希小姐碰过头
that Jacoby and Miss O’Shaughnessy were seen together.
他看到那消息
Well, sir, he saw that notice
and, putting two and two together, guessed the truth.
便想出了整个内♥幕♥
She had given the bird to Jacoby to bring here for her.
她把鸟交给耶哥,叫他带来这里
And at that juncture, you decided to slip me a Mickey, huh?
在那个关头,你决定迷昏我
There was no place for you in our plan, sir.
我们完全不需要你
So we decided to spare ourselves any possible embarrassment.
我们决定不使自己陷入窘境
开罗、威曼与我联络了耶哥船长
Mr. Cairo and Wilmer and I went to call on Captain Jacoby.
We were lucky enough to arrive while Miss O’Shaughnessy was there.
我们抵达时正好碰上奥夏克尼希小姐
会谈十分不顺利,但我们终于说服了她
In many ways, the conference was difficult, but we finally persuaded
接受我们的条件,至少我们这么认为
Miss O’Shaughnessy to come to terms, or so we thought.
我们下了船,准备回旅馆
We then left the boat and set out for my hotel,
where I was to pay Miss O’Shaughnessy and receive the bird.
我准备要付钱给奥夏克尼希小姐 买♥♥下那只老鹰
Well, sir, we mere men should have known better.
我们应该更聪明些
在路上,她与耶哥船长还有老鹰
En route, she, Captain Jacoby and the Falcon
slipped completely through our fingers.
从我们指缝中逃脱
干得很俐落,真的
It was neatly done, sir. Indeed, it was.
你们在离开之前就烧了船?
You touched off the boat before you left?
No, not intentionally.
不是故意的
但我们必须承认,我们 至少是威曼要为火灾负责
Though, I daresay, we, or Wilmer at least, were responsible for the fire.
While the rest of us were talking in the cabin, Wilmer went about the boat,
我们在船上会谈时,威曼出去
trying to find the Falcon.
寻找老鹰
No doubt, he was careless with matches.
显然他对火柴很不小心
那枪击呢?
How about the shooting?
我们在奥夏克尼希小姐 公♥寓♥里追上她与耶哥
We caught up with Miss O’Shaughnessy and Jacoby at her apartment.
I sent Wilmer downstairs to cover the fire escape before ringing the bell.
我叫威曼守着防火梯,然后才去按门铃
当她透过门问我们是什么人时
And, sure enough, while she was asking us who we were through the door,
and we were telling her, we heard a window go up.
我们在告诉她时,听到一扇窗户被打开
Wilmer shot Jacoby as he was coming down the fire escape,
威曼在耶哥爬下防火梯时射杀了他
开了几枪,但耶哥非常健壮 没有丢掉老鹰
shot him more than once, but Jacoby was too tough to fall or drop the Falcon.
He climbed down the rest of the way, knocked Wilmer over and ran off.
他爬下去,撞倒威曼逃走了
我们“说服”了奥夏克尼希小姐
We persuaded, that is the word, sir, we persuaded Miss O’Shaughnessy
告诉我们耶哥会带老鹰去何处
to tell us where she had told Captain Jacoby to take the Falcon.
And we further persuaded her to phone your office
然后又“说服”她打电♥话♥引你出来
趁耶哥还没有找到你引开你
in an attempt to draw you away before Jacoby got there,
but, unfortunately for us,
但我们不走运
it had taken us too long to persuade Miss O’Shaughnessy.
“说服”她用了太长时间
And you had the Falcon before we could reach you.
你抢先拿到了老鹰
Well, Wilmer, I’m sorry indeed to lose you, but I want you to know
威曼,很抱歉要失去你,但我要你知道
我把你视为己出
I couldn’t be fonder of you if you were my own son.
如果失去一个儿子,总还可以再生一个
But, well, if you lose a son, it’s possible to get another.
但世上只有一只马耳他之鹰
There’s only one Maltese Falcon.
When you’re young, you simply don’t understand these things.
人还年青时,不会了解这种事情
How about some coffee? Put the pot on, will you, angel?
要不要来点咖啡?煮点水,天使
我不想撇下我们的客人
I don’t like to leave our guests.
当然
Surely.
Just a moment, my dear. Hadn’t you better leave the envelope in here?
等等,把信封留下不是更好吗?
你担心没有了,干脆坐上面得了
Sit on it, if you’re afraid of losing it.
You misunderstand me. It’s not that at all.
你误会了,根本不是那么回事
But business should be transacted in a businesslike manner.
但做生意就必须遵守生意的规矩
譬如说,现在这里只有九张钞票
For instance, there are only nine bills here now.
当我交给你时本来是十张,你很清楚
There were 10 when I handed them to you, as you very well know.
Well?
怎样?
怎么回事?
I want to know about this.
你摸走了一张
You palmed it.
– I palmed it? – Yes.
– 我摸走了一张? – 是的
Do you want to say so, or do you want to stand for a frisk?
你是想认了,还是要搜身?
You’re going to admit it, or I’m gonna search you. There’s no third way.
你承认了吧,要不我要搜身了,没有第三条路
我相信你会,我真的相信
By gad, I believe you would. I really do.
You are a character, if you don’t mind my saying so.
你是个人物,如果你不介意我这么说
You palmed it.
你偷摸了一张
是的,先生,我承认
Yes, sir, that I did.
我必须时不时开个小玩笑
I must have my little joke now and then.
And I was curious to know what you would do in a situation of this sort.
我很好奇在这种情况下,你会有什么反应
你成功地通过考验
I must say you passed the test with flying colors.
It’s the sort of a thing I’d expect from somebody Wilmer’s age.
如果是威曼这年纪的人 这么干还说得过去
这钱很快就是你的了,收下吧
This will soon be yours. You might as well take it.
I ought to have more than $10,000.
我那份应该超过1万元
Of course, sir. You understand this is the first payment. Later.
这是头期,稍后还有
稍后你会给我1百万
Oh, yes. Later you’ll give me millions,
but how’s about $15,000 now?
现在给我1万5,如何?
Frankly and candidly, upon my word of honor as a gentleman,
坦白说,我用我名誉担♥保♥
目前我只能凑到1万元,不能再多了
$10,000 is all the money I can raise.
But you didn’t say positively.
但你没有说“绝对不能”
Positively.
绝对不能
I’d like to give you a word of advice.
我想给你一些忠告
请讲
Go ahead.
我猜你要给她一些钱
I daresay you’re going to give her some money,
but if you don’t give her as much as she thinks she ought to have,
但如果你给她的钱 没有如她所期待的一样多
my word of advice is be careful.
我的忠告是“要小心”
有危险?
Dangerous?
Very.
非常危险
– How’s the coffee coming, angel? – In a few minutes.
– 咖啡煮得如何,天使? – 几分钟就好
It’s almost daylight, Mr. Spade.
天快亮了,史派特先生
你能不能现在去拿?
Can you start getting it now?
我想可以
I guess so.
Hello?
喂?
Hello, precious. I’m sorry to get you up so early.
喂,亲爱的,很抱歉大清早吵醒你
现在仔细听我,是这么回事
Now, listen carefully. Here’s the plot.
在我们邮局的信箱中 有一个信封上面有我的笔迹
In the holland box at the post office there’s an envelope with my scrawl.
In that envelope, there’s a parcel-room check for the bundle we got yesterday.
里面有一个寄物箱的收据,可以拿到我们昨天收到的包裹
Now, get that bundle and bring it here, PDQ.
立刻把那个包裹拿到饭店这里
好女孩,动身吧,再见
That’s a good girl. Now hustle. Goodbye.
谢谢你,抱歉破坏了你的休假日
Thanks, lady. Sorry to spoil your day of rest.
你也不是第一次破坏了,还有什么事吗?
Not the first one you’ve spoiled. Anything else?
– No. No, thanks. – Bye-bye, then.
– 没有,谢谢 – 那就再见了
There you are.
交给你了
Now, after 17 years…
经过了17年…
It is it.
就是它了
但我们要确定
But we’ll make sure.
是假的!
Fake.
假货!铅做的
It’s a phony! It’s lead!
It’s lead!
铅做的
这是假的!
It’s a fake!
All right, you’ve had your little joke. Now, tell us about it.
你的玩笑开够了吗?说话啊!
不,山姆
No, Sam! No!
That’s the one I got from Kemidov. I swear it!
这就是我从卡马多夫那里得到的,我发誓
You.
你…
It’s you who bungled it.
是你搞砸的!
你的笨计划!
You and your stupid attempt to buy it!
Kemidov found out how valuable it was!
卡马多夫发现了它的价值
No wonder we had such an easy time stealing it!
难怪我们这么容易偷到它
你这个白♥痴♥!
You imbecile!
You bloated idiot!
胖笨瓜
You stupid fathead, you!
你这个猪头,你…
不错,是俄♥国♥人搞的鬼,毫无疑问
Yes, it’s the Russian’s hand. There’s no doubt about it.
Well, sir, what do you suggest?
你有什么建议?
We stand here and shed tears and call each other names,
我们可以在这里哭泣或互相叫骂
我们也可以去伊斯坦布尔
or shall we go to Istanbul?
你要去吗?
Are you going?
Seventeen years I’ve wanted that little item and have been trying to get it.
我花了17年找这玩意

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!