Not bad at all.
走吧 太阳快下山了
The sun’s going. Come on.
注意你的眼睛
Watch your eyes.
-这是另一个秘密基地吗 -我们最特别的
-Is this another secret place? -Our special one.
我们以前总是爬上来看夕阳
We used to come up here all the time to watch the sunset.
就这样才特别吗
And that’s what made it special?
也是我们初吻的地方
This is also where we had our first kiss.
当时我们14岁
We were 14.
那真特别
That is special.
希望我能记得起来
Wish I could remember that.
我也是
Me too.
当时我们很相爱是吗
We were in love, weren’t we?
是的
Yeah.
-那是什么 -没什么
-What was that? -Nothing.
-我真的很好 -你看来不太好
-I’m fine. Really. -You don’t sound fine.
略过吧 太阳要下山了
Just ignore it. It’s going away.
那时我们要结婚了吗
So were we gonna be married?
当你要从海外回来时
When you got back from overseas.
你出国前我们订了婚
We were engaged just before you shipped out.
我能帮上什么忙吗
Anything I can do to help you with that?
不过那是我们俩才知道的事情
Yeah. But it’s something that only we knew about.
-告诉我 -不了 我宁愿我先死
-Tell me. -No. I think I’d rather die first.
你父亲说甚至小事情 都能帮助我的记忆恢复
Your father said any little thing could jog my memory.
依然有效
It still works.
-找到我了 -抱歉我 不晓得这儿有人
-Found me. -Sorry. I didn’t know who was here.
只有我跟狗
Just me and the dog.
-他的名字是 -狗
-What’s his name? -Dog.
-简单 我喜欢 -请进
-Simple. I like it. -Come on in.
那是你吗 在第一次世界大战
Is that you? In the first World War?
是的1917年左右
Yeah. 1917, thereabouts.
-我跟你住这里可以吗 -当然
-It’s okay with you that I live here? -Why wouldn’t it be?
确定一下而已 我想我得有只表
Just checking. Think I’ll get me a watch?
对啊 表 做什么用的
Right, the watch. What’s that for?
我才能知道电影能准时开演 那很重要
So I make sure the shows always start on time. That’s important.
-我尽力 -谢谢
-I’ll see what I can do. -Thank you.
我有过一支好表
I had me a nice watch once.
怀表之类的有条炼子
The pocket watch kind, with a chain.
直到坏掉之前都很准
Kept good time until it broke.
没钱去修理它
Never had the money to get it fixed.
刚好那时戏院也关了 我也不需要了
By then, the theater closed down, I didn’t think I needed it.
我放在某个安全的地方
I put it away somewhere for safekeeping.
但那是好多年以前了
But that was years ago…
记不起来到底放哪
and I can’t remember where.
在大战时候我也丢失了一枚勇气勋章
Lost me a medal for bravery once too, back during the Great War.
我想是掉在医院里了
Lost it in the hospital, I think.
有时我也会忘记些什
I forget things sometimes…
从大战之后
since the war.
是啊
Yeah…
我也是
me too.
垃圾 可恶 可恶的垃圾
Trash. Vile, despicable trash.
关于西维吉尼亚的矿工 1920年的罢♥工♥吗
It’s about the West Virginia coal miners?strike of 1920.
受压♥迫♥工人们的惨境及所有一切
The plight of the downtrodden worker and all that.
-共♥党♥的宣传开始结束 -那么糟糕
-Communist propaganda, start to end. -That bad?
里面有一只狗我喜欢 但除了那以外
There’s a dog in it I like, but aside from that….
-告诉我阿普顿的事情 -他的经纪人报告说他失踪
-Tell me about Appleton. -His agent reported him missing.
消失了四到五天
He’s been gone four or five days.
四到五天 两位 我们在这里或许要把某些事情弄清楚
Four or five days? Gentlemen, we may be onto something here.
什么样的人会在被怀疑之后躲起来
What kind of man hides after being implicated?
不是无辜的人 若是阿普顿 比他看起来更
Not an innocent one. What if Appleton is more than he seems?
不只是另外一个笨蛋 而是个共♥产♥党间谍
Not just another schmuck, but an important Communist operative.
有更多机密会泄漏的人
One with lots of secrets to spill.
赤色共♥党♥人会尽一切力量 不让我们逮到他
The Reds would do anything to keep him out of our hands.
这里有两种可能的情节
We have one of two scenarios here.
第一 他共♥党♥的朋友杀了他灭口
Number one: His Communist friends killed him to shut him up.
第二 就如我们说的正帮他 离开这国家
Number two: They’re trying to get him out of the country as we speak.
我无意间看到俄♥罗♥斯♥真理报
I don’t intend to open a copy of Pravda…
他在红场上受到英雄式的欢迎
and see him get a hero’s welcome in Red Square.
-我们应该怎么跟胡佛先生说 -告诉他这事情高度优先
-What shall we tell Mr. Hoover? -Tell him this has top priority.
找出他无论死活
You find him. Living or dead.
不计代价
Whatever it takes.
他的足迹会带我们到共♥产♥党的老巢
His trail will lead us to a nest of Communists…
会让 罗森伯格 夫妇看起来
that will make the Rosenbergs look
像是凯特尔 老爸和老妈
like Ma and Pa Kettle.
阿黛尔
Adele!
我来
Got it!
嗨
Hi.
-我身上有污点吗 怎么 -没事
-Do I have a stain? What? -Nothing.
看你站在那里 我有点奇怪的感觉
Seeing you there gave me a weird feeling.
-我们上次出去你也是穿这样 -我可以去换掉
-You wore that when we last went out. -I could go change it.
-别傻了还是很适合你 -孩子们好了吗
-Don’t be silly. It still fits. -You kids ready?
走吧
Shall we?
-晚安 -你好
-Good evening. -How are you?
-嗨 -晚安
-Hi. -Good evening.
闻起来不错 我从这里拿的
Smells good. I caught it from here.
路克在这
Luke’s here!
他来了 他来了
Here he comes! Here he comes!
我马上回来
I’ll be right back.
兄弟 我们从这里拍起
Hey, buddy. We’ll take it from here.
我会找你算帐的
I’ll get you for that.
我想路克跟阿黛尔应该来开舞 对吗
I think Luke and Adele should lead the first dance, don’t you?
跳舞吗
Care to dance?
我们最好要跳
I think we’d better.
你真好
You’re pretty good.
谢谢
Thanks.
你也是
You too.
你什么时候学的舞
When did you learn to dance?
那真是伤脑筋
That was nerve-racking.
我会杀了史宾塞那小子 除非他真的有一套
I’d kill that Spencer kid, except he’s really good.
-看来你的投资成功了 -投资
-Looks like your investment paid off. -Investment?
高中时 你存钱要买♥♥黑管
In high school, you saved up for a clarinet.
最坏也要成为本尼·古德曼
You wanted to be Benny Goodman in the worst way.
-然后 -你成了本尼·古德曼
-And? -You were Benny Goodman…
最糟的
in the worst way.
你将黑管送给了史宾塞
You gave the clarinet to Spencer.
他总是让你头痛 跟在你后面 像只迷路的小狗
He used to drive you crazy, following you around like a lost puppy.
我把黑管给了他 他开始练习并且离开我身边
I gave him the clarinet. He started practicing and left me alone.
-你真的记得还是 -找找话说
-Did you remember that, or…? -Just filling in the blanks.
他们真是登对
Aren’t they a sight?
是啊 哈利
So they are, Harry.
有什么不对劲
Something wrong?
有个事困扰着我
Something is troubling me.
在今晚有什么事可以困扰你
What could trouble you on a night like this?
看着你女儿跟我的儿子跳着舞
Just look. Your daughter, dancing with my son.
万事皆顺利上帝保佑啊 班
Everything the way it should be. God’s in his heaven, Ben.
我还是不由自主去想 这些年路克去了哪
Still, I can’t help wondering, where has Luke been all this time?
-我是说九年半 -有什么关系 他现在回来了
-I mean, 9 1/2 years! -What’s it matter? He’s home now.
他战时失踪的 对吗
He went missing during the war, right?
他一定是在国外时受伤了失去记忆
So he must have been injured overseas, lost his memory then.
所以他回家时连他是谁都忘了
So, what happened when he came back, not knowing who he was?
他开始了新的生活吗 新的工作吗
Did he start a new life for himself? Career?
若是路克最后在晚年仍在想 他是另外一个人呢
What if Luke spent the last decade actually thinking he’s somebody else?
我不管我只在乎现在的他
I don’t care. I care about his life here.
但你没看见吗 可能有其他的人在找他
But don’t you see? He might have people looking for him.
关心他的人或许是妻子及家人
People who care about him. Maybe even a wife and family.
你可能作祖父而不自知
You could be a grandfather and not even know it.
我不是要破坏你的欢乐时光 也是我的欢乐啊
I’m not trying to step on your joy. My joy too.
但若是他的记忆真的恢复了
But what happens if his memory does come back?
他记起来的会是怎样的人生呢
Which life will he remember?
他会选择哪一个呢
Which would he choose?
-你的孩子让你感到骄傲吗 艾芙莉 -什么
-So are you proud of your boy, Avery? -What?
喔 是啊 再骄傲不过了雅尼