任何有趣的事情都会登上报纸…
Anything interesting will be in the paper…
听我说 是路克
Listen to me! It’s Luke.
你在岸边醒过来之前的事情 你都不记得了吗
You have no recollection prior to waking up on our beach?
不知道你是谁 也不知道你是怎么来的
No idea who you are or how you got here?
我记得有只狗舔着我的脸
I remember a dog licking my face.
以前
Before that…
空白
blank.
有个人或许可以弄清楚这事情
There’s someone who might be able to shed light on this.
-我可以带他进来吗 -请进
-Is it okay if I bring him in? -Please.
是你
It is you.
是的
It is.
喔 路克 我从不放弃希望
Oh, Luke. I never gave up hoping.
老天爷你还活着
You’re alive! My boy! God!
我的儿子啊
My son.
请婉转的告诉他
Break it to her gently.
先生
Sir?
-你说你的名字是 -哈利
-What did you say your name was? -Harry.
哈利·川普 而你是路克
Harry Trimble. And you’re Luke.
从你小时候大家就叫你路克
Everybody’s called you Luke since you were a baby.
我们到底要去哪里
Where exactly are we going?
孩子 你认为呢 我正要带你回家
Where do you think, son? I’m taking you home.
你俩今天好好的休息吧
You fellas have a good rest of the day.
-若你需要什么尽管告诉我 -上帝祝福你西赛尔每件事
-If you need anything, call me. -Bless you, Cecil, for everything.
我们在这做什么
What are we doing here?
就是这里
This is it.
“海姆·杰斯提”
“Hem Jesti.”
皇宫剧院
The Majestic.
有些字母掉了
A few of the letters are missing.
我们住在戏院里
We live in a movie theater?
不是在楼上的房♥间
No. In the apartment above it.
哈利
Harry?
我离开了多久
How long have I been gone?
九年半
Nine and a half years.
九年半
Nine and a half years?
你高中时候
That was high school.
那个球季你跑出了11个达阵
You ran 11 touchdowns that season.
我母亲呢
My mother?
你还记得
You remember?
只是猜测
Just a guess.
-她真美丽 -是的她真美
-She’s beautiful. -Yes, she was, rest her soul.
对不起 有那么多事情要接受
I’m sorry. It’s so much to take in.
我胡说八道像是个傻瓜
Me blathering away like a fool.
我何不去煮点咖啡
Why don’t I make some coffee?
哈利 你为什么把这关了
Harry, why did you close The Majestic?
战后这里的人们不想看电影了
After the war, people here just didn’t feel like going to the movies.
有的搬到了洛杉矶
Some moved away. Los Angeles…
沙加缅度旧金山
Sacramento, San Francisco.
你仍旧只要奶油 不加糖
You still take cream, no sugar?
路克
Luke?
只有我们孩子
Just us, son.
-我睡了多久 -昨天到现在
-How long have I been asleep? -Since yesterday.
一整夜到今天早上都在睡
You slept through the night and most of this morning.
我要再度跟你介绍 这戏院的工作人员
I’d like to reintroduce you to the staff of The Majestic.
伊雷娜 特威利格糖果女士
Irene Terwilliger, our candy lady.
真高兴你回来了 路克
So glad to have you back, Luke.
他现在更英俊了
He’s even more handsome now.
这是埃梅特·史密斯 带位员及维修师
This is Emmett Smith, our head usher and fix-it man.
告诉他关于表的事
Tell him about the watch.
一步一步来 别让我们超过太多
One step at a time. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
路克
Luke….
事实上你睡觉时 我们一直在谈论
Fact is, we’ve been talking it over while you slept, and….
嗯 好消息 儿子
Well, good news, son.
你回来了 我们决定重新开幕
Now that you’re back, we’ve decided to reopen.
重新开幕
Reopen?
有什么困难的 整修一番就可以重新卖♥♥票了
How hard can it be? We fix the place up, sell tickets.
哈利四处看看
Harry. Look around.
简直是垃圾场 我也说过
-It’s a dump. -Told you so.
我也在看但我看到的是充满潜力
I am looking around, and all I see is potential.
这地方就要倒塌了只要轻轻一推
The place is ready to fall down. All you’d have to do is give it a shove.
你错了 现在这里看起来不是
You’re wrong. You are. I know she doesn’t look like much now…
但曾经…这里就像宫殿一般
but once… Once, this place was like a palace.
-宫殿 -也是就是为什么称它为-皇宫剧院
-Palace. -That’s why we called her Majestic.
男女老少都会买♥♥票进场
Any man, woman, child could buy a ticket, walk in.
请进请进先生女士 祝您欣赏愉快
Here they’d be, here we’d be. Yes, sir. Yes, ma’am. Enjoy the show.
他们一走进来就像进入皇宫 像是一场天堂美梦
In they’d come, entering a palace. Like a dream. Like in heaven.
或许你有担心的问题 但是你一走进来
Maybe you had worries and problems, but once you came in…
就不再是问题了 知道为什么吗
they didn’t matter anymore. And you know why?
卓别林 基敦还有罗意德
Chaplin, that’s why. And Keaton, and Lloyd.
加尔博 盖博 和罗姆巴德
Garbo, Gable, and Lombard.
还有吉米 斯图尔特 吉姆 凯格尼
And Jimmy Stewart, Jimmy Cagney.
弗雷德和金杰尔 他们都像是神一样
Fred and Ginger. They were gods!
活生生的在那银幕上面
And they lived up there.
是奥林巴斯的银幕
That was Olympus.
那时我们多么幸运可以坐在这
We felt so lucky just to be here.
有这幸运可以看他们的表演
To have the privilege of watching them.
电视这玩意为什么在家里 盯着一个盒子看
This TV thing, why stay home and watch a box?
方便 不用盛装打扮 就可坐在电视前面
Convenience? You don’t have to dress up, you can sit there?
一个人在客厅里面 那样哪叫做娱乐活动
You call that entertainment? Alone in your living room?
其他人呢 其他观众呢
Where’s the other people? Where’s the audience?
神奇力量呢
Where’s the magic?
我告诉你在这种地方 到处都有神奇的力量
I’ll tell you. In a place like this, the magic is all around you.
诀窍就是要看它
The trick is to see it.
路克
Luke…
我以为你比我更爱这皇宫剧院
I think you loved The Majestic even more than I did.
-你一定记得起来 -我记不得
-You’ve got to remember that. -I don’t.
有点疯狂但我已经承诺 我们能为它找回之前的风光
It sounds crazy, but I promise we can make this place like it was!
我根本不知道以前的样子 你还不懂吗
I don’t know how it was. Don’t you get that?
-这一切对我毫无意义 -他曾经对你那么重要
-None of this means anything to me! -It used to mean so much.
不是的 怎么可能 哈利我连我自己是谁都不晓得
It doesn’t. How can it? Harry, I don’t even know who I am.
不
No.
不
No.
跟我来
Come with me.
鲍比 里尔克 红头发 雀斑脸
Bobby Rilke. Red hair and freckles.
总是骑脚踏车在街上冲来冲去大叫
Always charging up and down the street on his bike, screaming.
用大便吓老太婆
Scaring the crap out of the old ladies.
布莱德 亨德尔森
Brad Hendersen.
维尔吉尔·汤因比
Virgil Toynbee.
还有帕特里克·维特杰 他跟你一起叁加足球队
And Patrick Vitger. He was on the football team with you.
史帝夫·华得鲁
Stevie Wardlow.
他老爸是酒鬼常常打他
His old man was a drinker, used to beat him.
你总会带他回来 请他热腾腾的一餐
You’d bring him home, we’d give him a hot meal.
好几年他几乎都是跟我们住在一起
Kid practically lived with us for a few years.
他死在塞班岛 获得银星勋章
He died on Saipan. Silver Star for bravery.
泰迪·帕可
Teddy Parker.
吉米·崔司克
Jimmy Trask.
还有这男孩
And this boy over here…
开朗的模范学生
bright kid. Honour student.
珍珠港事变后从军
Joined up right after Pearl Harbor.
1944年六月六日 跳伞到法国
Parachuted into France on D-Day, June 6th, 1944.
三天后他那一排受困于德国大炮的火力
Three days later, his platoon got pinned down by German artillery.
他们几乎被歼灭非死即伤
They were nearly wiped out. Most boys dead or wounded, torn up by the shells.
但这家伙
But this fella here…
将伤者一个一个的背回安全区域
carried the injured back to safety, one by one.
直到每个人都回来为止
Always going back till all men were accounted for.
从不动摇的持续他分内的任务
He never wavered. He just kept doing what he had to do…
直到他被击倒
until it got done.
在一个月后执行另一项任务时失踪
He was reported missing in action a month later.
尸体一直没被找到
His body was never found.
众议院对他不顾生死 救了八条人命的行径
Congress gave him the Medal of Honor for saving the lives of eight men…
颁给他荣誉奖章
without thought to himself.