there can never be soldier.
彼得,今天
Peter, today,
有人跟你说了…一个童话故事
you were told… a fairy tale.
跟这本书裡的故事一样假!
One just as false as any in this book!
没有大象
There are no elephants.
如果真有大象
If there were elephants…
我马上就会发现!
…I would spot them immediately!
你听到吗?
Ah. You hear that?
是骚动
Some kind of disturbance.
把望远镜给我
Hand me the spyglass.
只是猫咪而已
It’s just the cats.
望远镜…彼得
Spyglass. Spyglass, Peter. Spyglass! Spyglass! Peter!
望远镜!彼得!
好厉害
Amazing.
非常聪明
Very clever.
很聪明的策略
Yeah. That is a smart strategy.
要是我能找出模式就好了
If only I could find a pattern.
彼得,你该步操了
Peter, it’s time to march.
去,步操
Go. March, march, march.
鱼很小,麵包不新鲜
人生不是童话故事
鱼很小,麵包不新鲜
人生不是童话故事
鱼很小,麵包不新鲜
-人生不是童话故事 -毛茸茸的小爪子
Furry little paws.
爪子像刀一样锋利
Razor-sharp talons.
…童话故事
鱼很小,麵包不新鲜
人生不是童话故事
鱼很小,麵包不新鲜
你在食物裡放了什麽?
薑黄
-Oh, what did you put in this? -Turmeric.
不是吧?在晚餐时间?
Really? At dinner time?
交给我
I’m on it.
打扰一下,彼得?
Excuse me? Peter?
我们吃晚餐时通常不会受你步操骚扰
Typically, we’re spared marching during the dinner hour.
是,先生
Yes, sir.
我把晚餐钱都给了一位算命师 所以现在要额外操练
I have to do extra because I spent our dinner money on a Fortune Teller.
算命师说了什麽?
Mm. And what did they tell you?
跟着大象…根本没有大象
To follow an elephant… which doesn’t exist.

Yes.
但要是有呢?
But what if it did?
里欧马提恩!
Leo Matienne!
我太太已经厌倦了我的“要是”
My wife, she’s tired of my “what ifs.”
大象会带我去找到我妹妹
The elephant will lead me to my sister.
彼得!马上步操!
Peter! March, now!
小孩子不该过这样的日子 每天没完没了的步操
A child shouldn’t live like that, marching and marching.
这不关我们的事,里欧
It’s none of our business, Leo.
同一时间,在镇上的另一端
Now, at the exact same time across town,
有一场表演,演出的…
there was a show with–
不是这傢伙!
No, not that guy!
开场的表演者是一位魔术师
The opening act is a magician.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
很不顺利呢
It’s not going well.
谜团与惊叹!
Mystery and wonderment!
-方块A! -不对
Ace of diamonds! -Nope.
亢奋之圈!
The Hoops of Delirium!
不!
No, no, no, no, no, no!
我有最后一个把戏
I have one final trick.
天大的好消息!
Excellent news!
我需要一位自愿的观众
I will need a volunteer.
女士,麻烦妳
Madam, if you please.
拜託
Please.
女士,请坐
Have a seat, madam.
可以赶快结束吗?
Can we just get it over with?
(着名魔术师)
魔术师不擅长变魔术
The Magician isn’t great at magic,
但就算他变得出神入化 他知道观众也不会感兴趣
but even if he was, he realizes this crowd wouldn’t care.
情况的确如此
And that’s what does it.
他决定尝试施一个强大的咒语
He decides to try a powerful spell,
一个让巴尔提斯恢复旧貌的咒语
something to restore and revive all of Baltese.
这眼看不见、优雅的一刻 带来重大改变
One elegant, invisible moment of profound change.
现在!
Now!
如我所说,他不擅长变魔术
Like I said, he’s not great at magic.
听我解释!
Let me explain!
妳有名字吗?
Do you have a name?
妳有名字吗?
Do you have a name?
What? What the…?
什麽?搞什…
昨天在那边的算命师帐篷 你知道去哪了吗?
Hey! Hey, do you know what happened to the Fortune Teller’s tent that was there?
昨天没有帐篷啊
No tent there yesterday.
之前是有帐篷,也许只是一堆衣服
Mm. Was a tent once. Maybe it was just laundry.
-或是帽子,我喜欢帽子 -太好了
Or a hat. I love hats. -Great.
有人知道帐篷在哪裡吗?那算命师!
Does anyone know where the tent is? The Fortune Teller!
-你有看到帐篷吗? -…一隻大象
Have you seen a tent? -…an elephant.
大象?什麽?等等!
An elephant? What? Wait, wait, wait!
妳说大象吗?大象在哪裡?
Did you say elephant? Where is she?
他们把大象和魔术师都关起来
They locked her up. And the Magician too.
跟她说的一样
It’s just as she said.
谁说?什麽?
Who did? What?
大象来了
The elephant has come.
这表示我妹妹还活着!
And what that means is my sister lives!
她活着!她活着,泰勒太太!
She lives! She lives, Mrs. Taylor!
太好了!
Oh, lovely!
大象来了!
The elephant is here!
大象来了!
The elephant is here!
(大象!)
An elephant?
大象?
大象来了!
The elephant is here!
-大象… -大象!
An elephant– -An elephant!
-大象! -对,大象!
Yes, an elephant! An elephant! -An elephant!
我就知道牠会来!
I knew it would come!
-我就知道牠会来 -是吗?
I knew it would come. -You did?
不,但我有强烈又不合常理的期盼
No, but I had strong and unreasonable hopes.
有时候这就够了
And sometimes that’s enough.
大象被关起来了 但我得去救牠,先生
She’s locked up somewhere, but I have to get her, sir.
我会用东西来交换 偷偷熘进去或硬闯进去
I’ll barter or sneak or fight my way in somehow.

Yes. Yes.
但你愿意让我帮忙吗?
But would you allow me to help?
But… how?
但要怎麽做?
我会跟女伯爵和她的顾问谈谈
I’ll speak to the Countess and her advisers,
然后你和我会… 我们会一起想到办法
and you and I will… We’ll figure it out together.
真的吗?
Really?
真的
Really.
鲁兹中士?
Sergeant Lutz?
长官!
Sir!
鲁兹中士!
Sergeant Lutz!
长官!
Sir!
大象?童话故事?虚假的希望!
Elephants? Fairy tales? False hope!

No.
什麽?
What?
不,长官,大象来了!
No, sir. An elephant has arrived here!
-大象! -大象对你没有好处!
An elephant! -An elephant will do you no good!
但那一定是真的!我妹妹还活着!
But it must be true, then! My sister lives!
我记得她
And I remember her.
不可能!她是个死胎
Impossible! She died at birth.
不!我记得
No! I remember.
长官
Sir,
你有没有骗过我?
have you ever lied to me?
你在说什麽?
What are you saying?
我是说她还活着,我会找到她
I’m saying she lives and I will find her.
太好了
Yes.

Okay,
门…打开!
and… open!
Oh, what the…?
搞什…?
好,自♥由♥!
So, liberty!
完全帮不上忙
That’s unhelpful.
-你,先生!为什麽要这样对我? -拜託…
You, sir! Why did you do this to me? -Now, please–

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!