嗨,莉薇舅妈!
It works! Hi, Aunt Livy!
你要进来吗?
You want to come in?
好的 来吧!来吧!
All right. Come on! Come on!
外面要变冷了
It’s getting cold out here.
来吧,富兰克林
Come on, Franklin.
你好
Hi.
不能让动物进入房♥子里
We don’t have animals in this house.
滚出去!滚出去!
Get out! Get out!
现在滚出去!滚出去!
Get out now! Get out!
滚出去!
Get out!
只待一个晚上 外面很冷
It’s just for tonight. It’s terribly cold out there.
我在这里长大
I grew up here.
我在这个桌子边吃饭
I ate at this table.
在我的成长过程中,
For all my growing up,
我的妈妈从来不让狗在家里,
my mama never let a dog in the house,
而且我也不会
and I won’t either.
他会冻坏
He’ll freeze.
这是你的信
This came for you today.
莉薇·邓恩
To Livy Dunne.
我猜他不知道你已经结婚了,是吧?
I’m guessing he didn’t know you were married, huh?
我在甜菜糖厂上晚班
I’m taking the night shift at the beet factory.
我每年的这个时候都会做这个差事
It’s something I sometimes do this time of year.
不用等我了
Don’t bother waiting up.
我不知道你吃什么早餐,
I didn’t know what you had for breakfast,
因为我从来没有这么早起床 我做了点鸡蛋和燕麦
because I’ve never been up that early. But I made you some eggs and some oatmeal.
-不用了 -不过没有洋葱或辣椒
There’s no need. Just plain eggs. There’s no onions or peppers.
雷,等等
Ray, wait.
我很抱歉让富兰克林进屋
I’m sorry that I let Franklin in the house.
我不知道这对你来说是一种侮辱
I did not realize what an insult that would be to you.
让狗去圈里和其它动物待在一起也挺好
With all the other animals in that barn, that dog’ll be fine.
我有事想告诉你
I have something I want to tell you.
第一天到这的时候
My first day here,
我偷看了你的抽屉
I looked in your dresser.
我不知道为何我那样做,对不起
I can’t even explain why I did it. I’m sorry.
你想看的话随时都可以看
You could’ve looked in there anytime you wanted.
我没有什么要向你隐瞒
I got nothing to hide from you.
有一个手表
There was a watch.
我可以听到滴答作响
I could hear it ticking.
我从没见你戴过
I’ve never seen you carry it.
那是我父亲的
It was my father’s.
我想他的时候就会上上发条
Sometimes I wind it up when I want to remember him.
我记得他对我妈妈有多好
I remembered how good he was to my mama.
那正是我想要成为的样子
Kind of husband I want to be.
那一天我…
First day I…
毫无缘由地拧上了发条
wound it up for no good reason.
只是为了好运气
Just for luck.
-雷,我犯了错误 -什么错误?
Ray, I made a mistake. Which mistake would that be, huh?
跟他在一起还是跟我结婚?
Being with him or marrying me?
我离开 你会好受些吗?
Would it be easier if I left?
我身上有一处你喜欢的地方吗,莉薇?
Is there anything you like about me, Livy?
嗨,切斯特
Hi, Chester.
妈妈,是莉薇舅妈!
Mama, it’s Aunt Livy!
你好
Hi.
你好
Hi.
哦,露丝刚才还在说起你
Oh, Ruth was just talking about you.
你就来了
And here you are.
就像你知道我想你了似的
It’s like you read my mind.
你看,我们不需要电♥话♥
See, we don’t need a telephone.
我们当然需要
Yes, we do.
我也在想你,露丝
I was thinking of you, too, Ruth.
我在想,你想不想要这件衣服
I was wondering if you wanted to have this dress.
现在的我穿不下这件衣服了
As big as I am now, I can’t imagine ever fitting into it again.
和这顶帽子是一套的
The hat comes with it.
我可以试试吗?
Can I try it?
去吧
Go on.
雷有没有告诉你…
Did Ray tell you…
我不知道详细情况
I don’t know the details.
他和汉克去甜菜工厂了
He and Hank had to go over to the beet factory.
过来坐吧
Why don’t you come in and sit down?
几个月来我…
For months I’ve…
我一直在给孩子的生父写信
I’ve written the father of this baby.
我还以为他死了
I thought he died.
我不知道…
I didn’t realize…
不,他……他是一个飞行教员
No. He… he’s a flight instructor.
他从来不去海外
He never went overseas.
我们在费罗认识的
We met on furlough.
这几个月,我一直给他写信
And for months, I’ve… written him these letters.
我知道这是错的
I know it was wrong.
因为我很久没有听到他的消息
For the longest time, I didn’t hear from him,
我觉得他是想和我在一起的
and as long as I didn’t hear from him, I could imagine that he wanted me.
我终于收到了一封信
I finally got a letter.
“恭喜你,莉薇
“Congratulations, Livy.
“你真是个好姑娘
“You’re a wonderful girl.
“我只希望你能找到这个孩子的父亲,
“And I only hope you find the father of this baby,
因为我并不认为自己是孩子的父亲”
because I sincerely doubt that I’m responsible.”
我知道我伤害了雷
I know that I’ve hurt Ray.
我姐姐要我
My sister wants me
回到丹佛生宝宝
to go back to Denver to have the baby.
最好在感恩节之后离开
Might be best if I leave after Thanksgiving.
当雷爱一个人,他会全心全意爱她
When Ray loves a person, it’s with his whole heart.
在战争中失去我们的小♥弟♥弟♥几乎让他绝望
Losing our baby brother to the war nearly killed him.
如果你打算离开,那就快点走
If you’re planning on leaving, do it soon.
有件事
You know, there’s one thing
我一直想问
I’ve never heard you say.
这就是你对雷的感觉是什么
And that’s how you feel about Ray.
妈妈?
Mama?
莉薇?莉薇
Livy? Livy.
没事
It’s all right.
-发生了什么事? -你在说梦话
What happened? Calling out.
叫着妈妈
Calling out for your mama.
妈妈去世后,
After Mama died,
我是如此孤独
I was so lonely.
我牺牲那么多 却终究
I gave my life away, just to be held.
是错付了
By a stranger.
我怎么能这样?
How could I do that?
雷…
Ray…
你是这样的好…
you are such a good…
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
感恩节快乐
Happy Thanksgiving.
哦,你真是太客气了,为我们烤馅饼,莉薇
Oh, it was so kind of you to bake us a pie, Livy.
感恩节快乐
Happy Thanksgiving.
莉薇告诉我你来自加利福尼亚州
Livy tells me you’re from California.
是的,我们是
Yes, we are.
我从来没有去过加州
I’ve never been to California.
莉薇,我们可以谈谈吗?
Livy, can we talk?
我从来没有去过到科罗拉多州
I’ve never been to Colorado.
嗯,你星期六有空见一下我的男朋友吗?
Um, do you think you can meet my boyfriend two weeks from Saturday?
也许,呃,
Perhaps, uh,
我们可以去兜风
we could go for a drive
只是离开一个下午
just to get away from here for the afternoon.
好的
All right.
什么时候?
What time?
中午怎么样? 我会在这里接你
How’s noon? I’ll pick you up here.
哦,不行,不能在这里,莉薇
Oh, no. Um, not here,
呃,在路上,
Livy. Uh, on the road,
在梯桥附近
by the grain elevators.
好吧
All right.
谢谢,莉薇
Thank you, Livy.
我很感激你们所有人
I’m grateful for all of you, of course,
但我也想祈祷这场战争尽快结束
but I’d also like to pray that this war will soon be over.