You need any help?
这不是我第一次离家
This ain’t the first time
I’ve been away from home.
我还没被击垮呢
I haven’t been run over yet.
好吧 要是需要我的话 我就在这里
Well, if you need me, I’m here.
需要你的时候我会吹口哨的
I’ll whistle.
早上好!
Good morning!
嗯 早上好
Well, good morning.
– 你好 艾尔
– 嗨 杰夫
– Howdy, Al.
– Hi, Jeff.
你在这里做什么?
What you doing here?
哦 就是喝点咖啡
Oh, just having a little coffee.
我以为你不参加牛仔竞技了
Thought you quit rodeoing.
不 我改主意了 要咖啡吗 艾尔?
No. I changed my mind.
Coffee, Al?
不用 我喝过了
No. I had mine.
我听说罗斯玛丽和你一起表演特技骑术
I understand, uh, Rosemary’s
trick riding with you.
没错
That’s right.
艾尔 这一赛季我和你是同一赛道
I plan to follow your circuit
myself this season, Al.
我给韦斯·梅里特打辅助
(hazing,指的是一个骑手或团队成员为了帮助另一个骑手
完成一项技术操作而做的干扰行为)
I’m, uh, hazing for Wes Merritt.
哦 在圣安吉洛的时候 他在我手下参加过竞技比赛
Oh, yeah. He rode for me
down in San Angelo.
– 需要一匹马
– 我卖♥♥给你一匹
– Need a horse.
– I’ll sell you one.
谁在洗澡?
Who’s in the shower?
一位女士
Lady.
麦克劳德?
McCloud?
– 嗯?
– 给我一条毛巾 好吗?
– Yeah?
– Throw me a towel, will you?
我去拿
I’ll get it.
在那边
Over there.
嘿!嘿!
What on.. Hey! Hey!
那不是罗斯玛丽!
That ain’t Rosemary!
对 那不是罗斯玛丽
No, that ain’t Rosemary.
这群马里一匹好的都没有
Not a good horse in the bunch.
他们不会追牛的
(cut a steer,牛仔竞技术语,指骑手使用马匹通过将一头公牛
从一群牛中分离出来并追逐它,以展示骑手和马匹的敏捷和协作能力)
They wouldn’t do to cut a steer.
对 我就是这个意思
No, that’s what I mean.
全都笨头笨脚的
A bunch of hammerheads
and stiff legs.
但它们对观众来说肯定很有看头
But they sure pay off
in front of a crowd.
这些梵天牛怎么样?
How about these Brahmas?
一群怪兽 它们看起来真的很凶狠
Monsters. They sure look mean.
要不要吃点什么?
How about somethin’ to eat?
我不饿
I ain’t hungry.
我第一次参加大型牛仔竞技时也吃不下东西
No, neither was I
on my first big time rodeo.
我没有害怕
I ain’t scared.
我不知道是什么感觉
I don’t know what it is.
你见过人 你见过马
You’ve seen people,
you’ve seen horses
你见过小牛
you’ve seen a calf.
也许你只是害怕在众人面前出洋相
Maybe it’s just that you’re…scared of making
a fool of yourself in front of the crowd
即使你知道你不会再见到他们中的任何人
even though you know you’ll
never see any of them again.
嘿!
Hey!
你报名了什么
What you signing up for?
有马鞍骑术、无马鞍骑术、小牛套索和追牛扳倒
Saddle broncs, bareback,
Calf Roping and bulldogging.
最难骑的野马总是你在其他地方骑过的那些
The toughest broncs is always
them you rode some other place.

Yeah.
牛仔们不再像过去那样坚韧了
Cowboys ain’t tough
like they used to be.
两年前在凤♥凰♥城
Remember two years ago
out in Phoenix..
一头牛踢到了我的眼睛
…a steer kicked me
in the eye, it did.
我用手捂着脸
I covered up my face
with my hands
老约翰·安德森走到我跟前
and old John Anderson
come up to me.
他说:“你受伤了吗 布克?”
He says, “You are hurt, Book?”
我说:“嗯 约翰 我觉得是的”
I says, “Well, I believe
I am, John.”
然后他把我的手从我脸上扒开
So he took my hands
off of my face.
老约翰一下子昏倒了
Old John fainted plumb away.
另一个牛仔向我跑来
Another cowboy
come running up to me
我说 呃 我说
and I said, uh, I said
“我看不太清楚 我觉得有什么东西晃晃悠悠的”
“I can’t see much.
I figure something’s dangling.
“我觉得是我的眼珠子!”
I believe it’s my eye!”
他说:“嗯 确实是这样”
He said, “Well, it sure is.”
然后那人帮我叫来了医生
So man got me a doctor.
我眼睛周围缝了17针 然后你知道吗
Took 17 stitches around my eye
and you know what
第二天 我在有马鞍骑术比赛上了拿了第一名
the next day, I won first prize
in the saddle bronc riding.
哇 吹的一手好牛
Now, ain’t that a windy?
胡特·马丁也给我讲过同样的故事
Hoot Martin told me
that same story.
我想我就是在他那儿听到的
I believe that’s where
I heard it.
杰夫 我能私下跟你谈谈吗?
Could I talk to you
in private, Jeff?
可以啊
Yeah.
杰夫 我能跟你借点钱吗?
Jeff, couldn’t borrow a couple
of bucks from you, could I?
我知道我在夏延借的钱还没还 但是…
I know I ain’t paid back that
dough I got in Cheyenne but..
别担心 记在账上就行
Don’t you worry about it,
as long as you’re keeping books.
哦 杰夫 我都记着呢
Oh, I’m keeping books, Jeff
我每一分钱都记着呢
I keep ’em right up
to the penny.
总有一天我会还钱的
I’ll settle with you
one of these days.
– 非常感谢
– 好
– Much obliged to you.
– Okay.
奇科比这些马跑得快
Chico’s faster
than these horses.
评判一匹马就像评判一个女人
Judging a horse
is like judging a woman.
你永远没法根据她们的头或毛发
(mane,双关语,指浓密的头发或鬃毛)判断
You can’t ever tell
by the head or their mane.
我认识一个女孩 她曾经有着你能见到的最漂亮的脸
I knowed a girl who once
had one of the prettiest faces you’ve ever seen
但她太罗圈腿了 一头猪都可以
从她两腿间跑过而不蹭到任何一条腿
but she was so bowlegged that a hog could
run between her legs never even graze neither one of em.
– 嗨 杰夫
– 嗨
– Hey Jeff.
– Hey.
这不是流浪牛仔吗 你过得怎么样?
If it ain’t my wanderin’ cowboy.
How you been?
哦 没什么可抱怨的
Oh, I can’t complain.
这是我的搭档韦斯·梅里特
I want you to meet
Wes Merritt, my partner.
– 嗨
– 嗨 韦斯
– Hi.
– Hi, Wes.
我是吉姆-鲍勃·泰勒
Jim-Bob Tyler.
如果你不交会费 他会揍你 他是负责人
If you don’t pay your association
dues he headlocks you. The director.
我听说你降服了圣安吉洛的“高压电”
I hear you cooled off
High Voltage over in San Angelo.
比赛结束前他还会降服很多匹马的
He’ll cool off a lot of them
before he’s through.
– 你不骑马吗?
– 我?
– Ain’t you doin’ any ridin’?
– Me?
不 我只是来看着韦斯 以防他骑马骑反了
No, I’m just along to see that
Wes don’t get on the horse backwards.
之后我可能会给他打点辅助
I might do a little hazing
later on.
有马鞍骑术 无马鞍骑术 追牛扳倒和小牛套索?
Saddle bronc, bareback,
bulldogging, and Calf Roping?
听起来够干一整天的了
Sounds like a full day’s work.
– 不参加骑牛?
– 骑牛?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!