住在这突然变成沼泽的破房♥子里
that one can be happy in this gutted house…
人也能开心活着吗
that suddenly becomes a swamp…
那块河边的田地里
a field alongside a river…
那片浅滩 沙滩
a ford, a beach.
尊敬的女士
My respects, madame.
我的母亲
My mother…
我哥哥皮埃尔
my brother Pierre…
弟弟保罗
and my brother Paul.
周六晚上人多
On Saturday night they are busy.
要鸡尾酒吗 先生?
Will you be having a cocktail, sir?
三杯鸡尾酒 一瓶米酒
Yes. Three Martel-Perriers and a bottle of rice wine.
我们离开中国时孙中山宣布成立共和国
We left China when Sun Yat-sen decreed the republic…
我父亲刚把土地卖♥♥给日本人
and my father just sold all his lands to the Japanese…
他们已经侵占了满洲国
who had already taken over Manchuria…
所有的房♥产 珠宝 一切
all the houses, jewels, and everything…
都转移到了南部
to go down towards the south.
我妈妈
And my mother…
她就躺在路中间
she’d just lie in the road…
她再也走不动了
and she can’t go on anymore:
决不能让母亲和兄弟知道
The mother and the brothers mustn’t know a thing.
这是原则
It is set by principle…
让他垂青于我
that he’s at my feet…
我是为了钱才和他在一起
that I’m with him for the money…
我不能爱他
that I can’t love him.
因为他是中国人 他不是白种人
This because he’s Chinese, because he’s not white.
我兄弟们狼吞虎咽着不和他说一句话
My brothers devour and don’t speak a word to him.
我也不和他说一句话
I don’t speak a word to him, either.
在我家人面前 他不再是我的情人了
In my family’s presence, he ceases to be my lover.
他停止了存在
He doesn’t cease to exist…
他对我来说一无是处
but he’s nothing to me anymore.
他成了一片废墟
He becomes a burned-out place…
令人无法接受的丑闻
an unacceptable scandal…
羞耻的事 就该被掩饰好
a reason to be ashamed of, that has to be hidden.
还等什么呢?
So, what are we waiting for?
我想去“卡萨酒廊”喝一杯
I’d like to have a drink at La Cascade.
您的账单 先生
Your bill, sir.
我们想去“卡萨酒廊”…
We’d like to go to La Cascade…
喝酒跳舞
to drink and dance.
你笑什么
What makes you laugh…
因为我和你妹妹跳舞吗?
that I’m dancing with your sister?
抱歉
I’m sorry.
你们太不般配了
You’re so badly paired.
别放心上 先生
Don’t pay attention, sir.
他只是喝醉了
He’s drunk, that’s all.
什么?
What?
我都不能笑了吗?
Can’t I laugh or what?
你想打架吗?
Do you want to fight?
悠着点 小朋友
Take care, little buddy.
要打过我得两个你才行
It’d take two of you to do the job.
不
Oh, no.
不止啊
A lot more than that.
我看得四个才行
Four of me, you mean.
你不知道我有多虚弱
You have no idea how weak I am.
我们该走了
We should leave.
原谅他 先生
Forgive him, sir.
原谅我们
Forgive us.
我没有把我孩子抚养好
I’ve not brought my children up well.
我正在付出代价
I’m paying for it.
我是最罪孽深重的
I’m the one who’s punished the most.
我们刚才做的值多少钱?
How much is what we did worth?
在妓院里 你刚才对我做的
In a brothel, how much does it cost…
要花多少钱?
to do what you just did to me?
你需要多少?
How much do you need?
我妈妈需要五百块
My mother needs 500 piasters.
钱在这
I’ve got your money.
来
Here.
她办公室在哪
Where’s her office?
在那
It’s over there.
我们应该让她
You see, we have to let her…
夜间自♥由♥活动
go free in the evening…
不限制她回来时间
not tell her what time to be in.
也别强迫她和其他学生出游
We mustn’t force her to go on trips with the boarders, either.
她总是个爱自♥由♥的孩子 不然 她会离家出走的
She’s always been a free child. Otherwise, she’d run away.
虽然我无能为力
Even I can’t do a thing about that.
但她在学校成绩也很好
She’s always worked very well in school…
这么自♥由♥还这么好
even being so free.
校长同意了 因为我是白人
The headmistress accepted because I’m white…
也为了寄宿公♥寓♥的名声
and that for the boardinghouse’s reputation…
在这么多欧亚混血学生中 必须有几个白种学生
amongst all the half-castes there must be a few whites.
她让我把寄宿公♥寓♥当宾馆住
She let me live in the boardinghouse as if it were a hotel.
除了我法语老师
Other than my French teacher…
学校里其他人都不和我说哈
nobody speaks to me at school.
因为你
It’s because of you.
那是你想象出来的
That’s your imagination.
不是
No.
还有一些家长投诉
There have been some complaints from families.
他们说我是个妓♥女♥
They say I’m a slut…
去镇里的阴暗处
and goes to the shady part of town…
给中国人玩弄她的身体
to have her body fondled by a Chinaman.
没什么
It’s nothing.
真的 没什么
That’s true. It’s nothing.
哦 碰到她了 真脏
Ooh! It touched her. It’s nasty.
她和个中国男人睡过
Ooh! She sleeps with a Chinaman.
有一天你会回到法国去
One day you’re going to go back to France.
我接受不了
I can’t take that.
你什么时候回法国?
When are you going back to France?
学期结束
At the end of the school year…
不过也不确定
but it’s not sure.
我母亲要离开这有些困难
My mother has a lot of difficulty in leaving here.
这颗钻石是我妈妈的
The stone belonged to my mother.
拿着
Take it.
我告诉他这种感觉太新鲜了
And I said to him that it’s too new…
太强烈了
it’s too strong…
我告诉他
and I said to him that…
实在不敢想象把你从我身边夺去
it is horrid to take you away from my body.
我告诉他 我父亲
I…I said to him that he…my father…
他应该知道
he…he should know what it is…
如此强烈的爱是什么样的
a love like this… so strong…
一辈子不会有第二次
that it never happens again in a lifetime…
永远不会
never:
他想让我和我没见过女人结婚
He wants this marriage with this young girl I’ve never seen.
他一点不怜悯我
He shows no mercy for me.
不怜悯任何人
He shows none for anyone.
那你呢?
And you?
你想结婚吗?
Do you want this marriage?
问题不是想或不想
The question is not of wanting or not wanting.
没有我父亲的财富 我什么都不是
I’m nothing without my father’s wealth.
他告诉我
He told me…
我宁愿你死
“I’d rather see you dead…
也别让我知道你和那个白人在一起
than know you were with that white girl.”
他说得对
But he’s right.
因为如果你穷 我会离开你的
He’s right because anyhow I’ll leave…
我不爱你
and I have no love for you.
看
You see.
就是这儿
It’s here.
我母亲 在我小的时候
My mother, when I was little…
想建一个大坝
wanted to erect a dam…
保护这块生长良好的土地
to protect her good-growing land.
她想为我们发财
She wanted to become rich for us.
她把我父亲死后留下的所有钱
She put all the savings…