我妈妈
My mother…
如果她知道真♥相♥ 会杀了我的
she’ll kill me if she finds out the truth.
我哥哥 会杀了你
My brother, he’d kill you.
想想啊
Imagine…
和一个中国男人
with a Chinaman.
我小时候
Since I’ve been little…
她就告诉我在殖民地
she tells me that here in the colonies…
女孩如果不是处♥女♥
a girl that isn’t a virgin anymore…
就找不到老公
can no longer find a husband.
是真的吗?
Do you think that’s true?
是的 你妈妈说得对
Yes. Your mother’s right.
在那之后就不可能了
It’s no longer possible after that…
那很丢脸
that dishonor.
比如说
For instance…
如果我想娶你
if I wanted to marry you…
没人会认同的
well, it would not be allowed.
我们绝不认同这种想法
We can’t tolerate the idea of that.
我是中国人
I’m Chinese.
很抱歉
I’m sorry.
你已经和我做过了
Now that you’ve done that with me…
婚姻对我们来说就不再可能了
marriage between us would be impossible.
那就最好了
Well, then, it’s for the best, then.
中国人 我不怎么喜欢中国人
Chinese…I don’t like Chinese very much.
嘿
Hey.
嘿
Hey.
我能去你床上吗?
Can I come into your bed?
不 现在不行
No, not now.
我明天再告诉你
I’ll tell you about it tomorrow.
怎么了?出什么事了?
What’s wrong? What’s the matter?
她怎么会在那辆车里?
What’s she doing in that new car there?
你好
Hello.
等等
Wait. Wait.
别害羞 很出色的报告
Don’t be bashful. It’s a wonderful report.
她是唯一的继承人 我也是
She’s the sole heiress, and I’m the sole heir.
日子很多年前就定好了
The date has been set for years.
也是我从法国回来的另一个原因
That’s another reason I came back from France.
你爱她? – 不
You love her? – No.
我都不认识她
I don’t know her.
对我们来说
For us…
婚姻是家族包办的
marriages are arranged by the families.
我知道我们的未来是不可想象的
We know that a future together is unthinkable…
所以我们自然地
so we speak of the future…
谈论着未来
in a casual manner…
不参杂任何个人情感
without any involvement, detached.
两个家族结合
And the two families got together…
掩盖他们的财富
to hide their wealth away.
这也是古代和现代中国的习俗
It’s so much the customs of ancient or modern China.
我们也没想过会有别的方式
We don’t think we could do anything any other way.
他从来没工作过
He’s never had a job.
他说如果他很穷
He says that if he was poor…
就会很糟
it would be terrible.
他太懒了不想工作
He’d be much too lazy to work.
鸦♥片♥夺去了他的力气
It’s opium that takes away the strength.
不是
No.
是财富
It’s wealth that takes his strength away.
他什么都不做
He does nothing.
什么都不做
Nothing.
只是爱
Only love.
有趣的是
But it’s funny…
因为这样 我才想要他
because that’s the way I desire him.
你还爱我吗?
Do you still love me?
我们是情人
We are lovers.
每天我们都会去他的单身公♥寓♥
Every day we go back to the bachelor’s room.
我们一刻不停地做♥爱♥
We can’t stop loving.
每天晚上
This takes place…
在中国城的低俗街道上
in the sleazy district of Cholon every evening.
每天晚上
Every evening…
小女孩都回来接受恩泽
the little one comes to receive the pleasure…
这个黄种男人让她尖叫着
that makes one scream from this dark man…
这个从中国城来的男人
this man from Cholon…
中国来的
from China.
嗨 妈妈
Hi, Mom.
嗨 保罗
Hi, Paul.
我会时不时得回到在萨迪的家
Now and then I go back to the house in Sa-Dec…
回到萨迪的恐怖中
to the horror of the house in Sa-Dec.
真是个无法忍♥受的地方
It’s an unbearable place.
临近死亡的地方
It’s close to death…
充满着暴♥力♥
a place of violence…
痛苦 绝望 羞耻
of pain, of despair, of dishonor.
我不准你摔门
I forbid you to slam doors!
听见了吗?
Do you hear me?
谁送你从西贡回来的
Who drove you back from Saigon?
我和你说 一个朋友 住在永隆的
I told you. A friend. He lives in Vinh Long.
他顺路送我过来
He offered to drop me off on his way through.
他只是个朋友
He’s a friend! That’s all.
永隆的谁?
Who in Vinh Long?
你又不认识她
You wouldn’t know him.
他刚从巴黎回来
He just got back from Paris.
一个朋友 有钱朋友
A friend. A rich friend.
不是每个人都这么穷的
Not everybody’s lucky enough to be poor.
这个
And this…
这是什么?
what’s this?
一张蓝纸
A piece of blue paper.
寄宿公♥寓♥的电报
It’s a telegram from the boardinghouse.
你周二周三睡哪的?
Where did you sleep Tuesday and Wednesday?
我周二周三睡哪了?
Where did I sleep Tuesday and Wednesday?
不在寄宿公♥寓♥
Not at the boardinghouse.
电扇坏了
The fans were out of order.
我和我永隆的朋友睡一起
I slept with my friend from Vinh Long.
你希望我这么回答吗?
Is that what you want me to say?
打她 妈妈
Hit her, Mom.
别让她这么嚣张
Don’t let her get away with it.
但就这在阴暗的家里
But it’s in this family’s dryness…
如此窘困之中
in its incredible harshness…
我是如此的深信
that I am the most deeply assured of myself…
我内心深处坚信
in the deepest of my essential certainties.
我们荒废羞耻爱恨的历史
Our common history of ruin and shame…
都流淌在了我的血肉中
of love and hate, is in my flesh.
你女儿跟个婊♥子♥似的
Your daughter looks like a whore.
蠢蛋 别打了
Hey, dummy, stop that shooting!
我还在这个家中
I am still in this family.
这个 除其他地方之外
This is, barring all other places…
我住得地方
where I live.
那是你的裙子 妈妈
That was your dress, Mom.
鞋子是你给我买♥♥的
The shoes, you bought them for me.
我都穿了好几个月了
I’ve been wearing them for months.
打折的 记得吗?最后折扣
They were on sale, remember? Final reductions.
你故意的
You do it on purpose.
让我看看因为你我的窘迫
See what a state I’m in because of you?
好像能让你开心一样
It’s as though it makes you happy.
如果你不再信任我了
If you don’t trust me anymore…
就别让我住寄宿公♥寓♥
just take me out of the boardinghouse.
再说 又不是我想一个人
Besides, I’m not the one who asked to be all alone…
在西贡这么多年
all year long in Saigon.
母亲有时会非常非常开心
The mother can be very, very happy sometimes…
那段遗忘的时光
the time to forget.
打扫庭院
That of washing the house…
就足够让母亲开心起来
may suffice for my mother’s happiness.
她边弹边唱 边扫边笑
She plays the piano, she cleans, she laughs…
大家都想
and everyone thinks…