So, what’ll it be, Jack?
来点啤酒怎么样 杰克
Actually, I’m not drinking these days.
事实上我最近都没碰过酒
Well, that’s your problem in a nutshell.
这就是你的问题所在了 怎么可以不喝酒呢
Are we still a family?
我们这样还算一个家吗
Of course we’re a family.
当然是
Your mother’s in crisis, your father’s a wreck.
你妈快要抓狂了 你♥爸♥也快疯了
What does that make you?
那又关你什么事
I’m in charge.
现在我是一家之主了
through the woods, looking for fuzzwalker.
为了寻找另一个提线木偶 他穿过森林
Then he sees three. And he takes his gun and looks and aims.
然后他发现了三个人 他拿下抢 开始瞄准
And then, a giant puff of smoke!
突然出现一股浓烟
He doesn’t see them anymore. Then he realizes that was his gun.
那三个人不见了 这时候他发现是他自己的枪
It was out of bullets! Then he runs.
子弹打光了 他就开始跑
Runs, runs, runs, runs, runs!
跑啊跑 跑啊跑 跑啊跑
Till he runs in the forest,
直到跑进了树林子里面
but then he realizes he came without his fuzzwalker.
他突然发现他的提线木偶没有跟来
Holiday!
霍利戴
All right! Okay!
好了 好了
You’re a Salmon girl, right?
你是萨蒙家的女孩儿 是吧
Okay.
知道了
Okay.
知道了
Holiday.
霍利戴
Grandma?
外婆
I know where Susie is.
我知道苏茜在哪里
Yeah, Susie’s gone to heaven, sweetheart.
苏茜去了天堂 孩子
Lindsey said there is no heaven.
林赛说 根本就没有天堂
All right, then, she’s dead.
那好吧 她死了
You might be dead soon.
你很快也会死的
Why do you say that? Because you’re old.
为什么这么说 因为你老了
Thirty-five is not old.
35岁才不老呢
You’ve been sniffing too much of that nail polish.
你肯定是指甲油闻多了 脑子发昏了吧
And, anyway, nothing is going to happen to me.
不管怎么样 我身体好的很
You know why?
知道为什么吗
Because I take my medicine every day.
因为我每天都有吃药
Grandma,
外婆
she’s here.
她在这里
What? Susie.
你说什么 苏茜
Susie’s in the in-between.
苏茜在天地的交界处
I was in the blue horizon, between heaven and Earth.
我在天堂和人间的蓝色交界处
The days were unchanging,
时光永恒不变
and every night, I dreamed the same dream.
每天晚上我都做着一个相同的梦
The smell of damp earth.
潮湿的泥土气味
The scream that no one heard.
谁也听不见的尖叫声
The sound of my heart beating, like a hammer against cloth.
我的心跳声 听着像是重锤敲在厚布上
And I would hear them calling,
我听到了他们的召唤
the voices of the dead.
死亡的召唤
I wanted to follow them,
我想跟随着他们
to find a way out,
找到出去的路
but I would always come back to the same door.
但是我每次总是回到同一扇门前
And I was afraid.
我很害怕
I knew if I went in there,
我知道一旦走进去
I would never come out.
我就再也出不来了
My murderer could live in one moment for a long time.
凶手一直活在我死去的那一瞬间
He could feed off a memory over and over again.
他一遍遍地回忆这段记忆获取快♥感♥
He was animal. Faceless.
他是一个从不露面的禽兽
Infinite.
他的欲望永远得不到满足
But then he would feel it,
现在他又一次感觉到了
the emptiness returning,
感觉到了空虚
and the need would rise in him again.
他的欲望又一次回来了
Go! Go!
进去 进去
In here? A detour. Go.
这里 进去逛一圈嘛 走
When summer came,
夏天来了
he noticed young lovers would sneak into the cornfield.
他注意到年轻的爱侣喜欢躲进玉米地里
He began to follow them
他就开始跟踪他们
and watch.
默默观察
Will you come to bed?
想睡了吗
Yeah. Soon.
恩 就来
Buckley did this, right?
巴克利画的 是吧
Correct. He said that this is our house, this is the police station and that’s you.
猜对了 他说 这个是我们的家 这是警局 这个人是你
That’s me?
我
Yeah. He made you Chief of Police, so…
是的 他把你画成了警♥察♥局局长…
I’ve gained 20 pounds.
哦 那我每个月可以多拿20磅的薪水呢
It must be the uniform. It’s the dangers of a desk job.
这个肯定是你的制♥服♥ 警♥察♥局长可不好干呐
I’d like to report a lost purse.
警♥察♥ 我的钱包丢了
Why don’t you have a seat?
你怎么不坐呢
I’m living with this every day. What about your marriage?
我现在很好啊 你们的婚姻怎么办
What marriage? You just don’t give up!
什么怎么办 你要坚持住
Jack is sleeping in his study! He’s trying.
杰克睡在书房♥里 可他正在努力啊
You have to find a way to keep going.
你必须想办法忘记过去 重新开始
Mother… You don’t have a choice.
妈… 你没得选
I am coping with this. You can’t give up. You have to…
我现在很好啊 什么事也没有 我知道你看不开 你放不下 但你必须…
Oh, no, Mother. Bingo!
哦 不 妈 找到了
That is cooking sherry!
那个是料酒啊
Please! Please! You have to find a way to live with this.
拜托 求你了 你必须适应现在的生活
Live with it? I am living with this! You’re not!
适应 我在适应 你没有
I’m dealing… I’m coping… You don’t go into Susie’s room.
我正在努力… 我正在努力… 你从不去苏茜的房♥间
I’m dealing with it! So what? You won’t let anybody touch her things!
我正在努力 你还要我怎样 你不让任何人碰她的东西
You have a tomb in the middle of your house!
你家里有一座坟墓你知道吗
Sweetheart, do you really think if you seal it up…
孩子 你以为只要你把自己关起来
that the pain’s going to go away?
痛苦就会自己消失吗
My mother went as far away as she could.
妈妈尽可能远的逃离了那个家
She found a job in a small orchard outside of Santa Rosa.
她在圣罗莎城外的一个果园里 找到了一份工作
The work was hard, but she didn’t mind.
工作很辛苦 但她不在乎
If anyone asked, she said she had two children.
如果有人问她 她会说她有2个孩子
And Lindsey,
还有林赛
who always said she didn’t believe in love,
她总说她不相信爱情
found it anyway.
最终也找到了她的真爱
And there it was.
而这将是我永远
The moment I would never have.
都不可能拥有的美好时光
My little sister had run ahead of me.
我的妹妹先我一步品尝了初吻的味道
She was growing up.
她长大了
What’s the matter? I thought you’d be happy.
怎么了 我还以为你会很开心呢
I am happy.
我确实很开心
I’m very happy.
我真的很开心
Then why are you crying?
那你为什么哭呢
No. You think she did not want to kiss him?
你认为她不想和他接吻
No.
不是不是
She did.
她想
She wanted to kiss him very much.
她喜欢他
Always, I would watch Ray.
我一直看着雷恩
I was in the air around him.
我存在于他身边的空气中
I was in the cold winter mornings he spent with Ruth Connors,
冬日寒冷的早晨 我看到他和露丝·康诺尔斯在一起
that strange, otherworldly girl
那个奇怪空灵的女孩
who so easily accepted the presence of the dead among the living.
轻易接受了死人驻留在人间
And sometimes, Ray would think of me.
有时候 雷恩会想起我
But he began to wonder,
但他已经开始怀疑
maybe it was time to put that memory away.
是不是该让这段回忆成为过去了
Maybe it was time to let me go.
也许我真的该走了
What was that?
那是什么
I’m sorry. What was… What was that?
什么 我问 那是什么
Lindsey, throw it!
林赛 扔过来
My murderer had finely tuned instincts.
凶手终于开始觉察到
He knew my sister had begun to wonder…
我妹妹已经开始怀疑
about the solitary man who lived in the green house.
他这个独居在绿房♥子里的人
She seemed intent on crowding him,
她有意打扰他
and he resented it.
他憎恨她
He began to feel a familiar itch.
他又一次感到心痒难耐
Mom, look! Just a second.
妈 看这边 我们就来
Careful, honey.
小心点 孩子
Mom!
妈