I remember being really small,
那时候我还很小
too small to see over the edge of a table.
小到看不见桌子的另一端
There was a snow globe,
桌子上有个雪花水晶球
and I remember the penguin who lived inside the globe.
我还记得里面有一只企鹅
He was all alone in there, and I worried for him.
一个人孤零零的住在水晶球里 我很为他担忧
Don’t worry, kiddo. He has a nice life.
不用担心 孩子 他在里面过得很好
He’s trapped in a perfect world.
他生活在一个完美的世界里
Look at that, Susie Q.
看 苏茜 好看吗
I remember being given a camera for my birthday.
我记得生日那天 收到了一部照相机
I loved the way a photo could capture a moment before it was gone.
我喜欢用相机在时光流逝前 捕捉每一个瞬间的感觉
That’s what I wanted to be when I grew up,
所以我长大以后
a wildlife photographer.
想成为一个野生动物摄影师
Sorry, Mom!
抱歉 妈
I imagined that when I was older,
我想象着等我长大以后
I’d be tracking wild elephants and rhinos,
追逐着野生大象和犀牛拍摄
but for now, I’d have to make do with Grace Tarking.
但现在我只能追着格蕾丝·塔尔金拍摄
It’s strange, the memories you keep.
记忆这东西真是奇怪
I remember going with Dad to the sinkhole out at the Connors’ farm.
我记得和爸爸一起 去康诺尔斯农场的垃圾填埋场
There was something about the way the earth could swallow things whole,
惊讶于地球竟然可以容纳这么多的垃圾
and I remember the girl who lived there, Ruth Connors.
我还记得住在那里的那个女孩儿 露丝·康诺尔斯
The kids at our school said she was weird,
学校里的人都说她很怪异
but now I know she saw things others didn’t.
但现在我明白了 因为她可以看见别人看不见的东西
We’re gonna kick it over on three, okay? Are you ready?
数到三 我们就踢它下去 准备好了吗
All right. One, two, three! One, two, three!
好 一 二 三 一 二 三
And I remember the worst thing that ever happened to us as a family.
我还记得我们家发生的最悲惨的一件事
Help! Somebody help!
救命啊 来人啊
Mom? Help!
妈 救命
Where are you? Mom? Buckley, please, get up!
你在哪儿啊 妈 巴克利 求你了 站起来啊
Oh, God. Dad? Somebody help! Please!
天啊 爸 快来人啊 救命啊
The day my little brother stopped breathing.
那天我弟弟差一点就死了
Buckley!
巴克利
Buckley! What happened?
巴克利 他怎么了
He swallowed a twig!
他吞了一截树枝
Watch out!
小心
Are you crazy?
你疯了
Sorry!
对不起
Buckley?
巴克利
Are you okay? You’re okay. Oh, my baby. My baby.
你还好吗 没事了 哦 我的孩子 我的宝贝
And I remember the light in my parents’ eyes, the relief.
我也记得父母眼中放出的光 那是劫后余生 如释重负
It was my fault. It will not happen again.
这都是我的错 我绝对不会让这样的事再次发生了
We weren’t those people,
我们不是那些不幸的人
those unlucky people to whom bad things happen for no reason.
不幸并没有降临我们家
You know, the Buddhists say if you save someone else’s life…
你知道吗 佛说 救人一命…
Grandma Lynn predicted I would live a long and happy life
林恩外婆说 我将拥有漫长而又快乐的人生
because I had saved my brother.
因为我救了我弟弟
As usual, Grandma Lynn was wrong.
就像往常一样 外婆的预言又一次错了
My name is Salmon, like the fish.
我姓萨蒙 萨蒙意为大马哈鱼
First name, Susie.
名叫苏茜
I was 14 years old when I was murdered…
那年我才14岁 我被人谋杀的那一天
on December 6, 1973.
是1973年12月6日
And up next, we have Crystal in a little, bitty, skinny mini!
接下来 有请克丽丝托 身穿漂亮的小迷你裙
This was before missing kids started appearing on milk cartons…
在我死后 牛奶盒子上 以及每日新闻的专题报道
or were feature stories on the daily news.
开始刊登失踪孩子的故事
It was back when people believed things like that didn’t happen.
原先大家都不相信 这样的事居然真的会发生
That’s right, ladies. No matter what the size,
好了 女士们 无论体型如何
it will hug your girly-girl curves in all the right places.
这都能完美包裹你们的少女曲线
lf you got it, why not flaunt it? Slow down, buddy!
既然有了 为什么不秀一下呢 慢点
Am I right? Buckley!
我说得对吗 巴克利
Dad, look, look, look!
爸 快看 快看
There it is! Wow.
在这儿呢 哇哦
Who is he? Does he like you as much as you like him?
他是谁 他是不是也喜欢你
Grandma, he’s a senior!
外婆 他可是高年级的学长啊
He doesn’t know I exist.
他甚至都不认识我
He’s cute.
他挺可爱的
Grandma, can we please just drop it?
外婆 拜托 别看了
You’re safe now. He’s gone into the record store.
你安全了 他去了对面的音像店
I wasn’t safe.
我并不安全
A man in my neighborhood was watching me.
有一个邻居一直在偷♥窥♥我
If I hadn’t been so distracted,
如果我不是这么心神不宁
I would have realized something was wrong,
我应该会发现有些事情不对劲儿
’cause that sort of thing gives me the skeevies.
因为那些事让我感到恶心
But I was too busy
但是我太忙了
thinking about the length of Ray Singh’s eyelashes.
忙着想雷恩·辛格的睫毛有多长
I had counted each one in library time…
每当在图书馆时我会默默地数着每一根
while he was reading Abelard and Heloise,
而他读着《爱洛绮斯和阿贝拉》 (出自英国启蒙运动时期 古典主义诗人亚历山大·蒲柏笔下)
the most seriously tragic love story ever.
那是一个史上最悲剧的爱情故事
So, have you kissed him yet?
你和他接吻了没
Why not? You like him, he likes you. What’s the hold-up?
没有 你喜欢他 他喜欢你 还犹豫什么呢
I’m just afraid I won’t be any good at it.
我只是怕会出丑
My first kiss…
我的初吻
was with a grown man.
是和一个大我很多的成年人
You’re not gonna tell on me, are you? Of course not!
你不会出♥卖♥♥♥我的 是吧 当然不会
What was it like? The kiss?
感觉怎么样 接吻
Oh, it was wonderful. Beautiful. Glorious.
哦 好极了 太美妙了
It took me a long time before I realized that a kiss like that,
很久以后 我才发现 这样的吻
it only happens once.
一生只有一次
Suze…
苏茜…
Just have fun, kid.
去吧 孩子
It wasn’t Mr. O’Dwyer, by the way.
凶手并不是奥德维尔先生
Although, he does look kind of suspicious.
尽管他看起来确实挺可疑的
But Mr. O’Dwyer never hurt anyone.
但奥德维尔先生不会伤害任何人
Mr. O’Dwyer’s own daughter died a year and a half after I did.
奥德维尔先生也有一个女儿 在我死后一年半 他女儿也死了
She had leukemia,
她患有白血病
but I never saw her in my heaven.
但在我的天堂 我们从未相遇
Hey, look at me! We’ll be right there, honey.
嘿 看这里 我们马上就去你那儿 孩子
One second, okay? Mom!
等我们一会儿好吗 妈
Hi, honey.

My murderer was a man from our neighborhood.
凶手是我们的邻居
Thank you so much. Careful, honey.
谢谢 小心点 孩子
I took his photo once as he talked to my parents about his border flowers.
在他和我爸妈谈论艺术花的时候 我曾拍过一张他的照片
Hey, Mom! You really should have a cup of coffee…
快点 妈 有空来我们家坐坐
with us sometime.
喝杯咖啡
I was aiming for the bushes when he got in the way.
我本打算拍花坛的 但他突然出现了
Thanks for the flower.
谢谢你的花
He stepped out of nowhere and ruined the shot.
不知道他从哪儿冒出来的 毁了镜头
He ruined a lot of things.
还毁了很多其他的东西
What have you been photographing, honey?
你都拍了些啥
Everything. Everything?
全部 全部
Hey, look at me!
看这里
Mom!

Smile!
笑一个
Mom!

Over here!
看这里
Hey, look at me!
看这里
Hey, Mom!

Hey, over here! Look!
看这边 看这边
Okay, here we go.
好了 开始吧
Clarissa has got a crush on you.
克拉丽莎喜欢你
Which one’s Clarissa?
克拉丽莎是谁
You know, blond hair, megablue eye shadow.
就是那个涂宝蓝色眼影的金发女孩
Her dad owns Surf ‘n’ Turf.
她爸爸是开洋牛排的老板
The tall one?
个子高高的那个
She’s not tall. She wears platforms.
她才不高嘞 她穿的高跟鞋
She doesn’t know you’re an accountant.
她不知道你是个会计
I take it that’s a negative.
你是在损我啊
Or that you’re a closet scale modeler.
也不知道你是个模型狂热爱好者
Did Mom know before she married you?
妈妈嫁给你之前知道吗
About your obsession?
关于你的沉迷
Susie, hobbies are healthy. They teach you things.
苏茜 有爱好是好事 你可以从中学到很多
Like what?
比如说

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!