Him? I bet he wears arch supporters.
他是我父母的老朋友
He’s just an old friend of the folks.
他是位很可爱的绅士 请我喝了不少苏格兰威士忌
Lovely gentleman. He buys me dimpled Scotch.
他应该买♥♥红宝石和在加尔各答
He should buy you Indian rubies…
可以眺望恒河的别♥墅♥给你
and a villa in Calcutta overlooking the Ganges.
你别逗了 – 葛萝丽亚 拜托
Don’t be “ridic.” – Gloria, please.
不要用那种小孩的流行用语跟我说话
Why imperil our friendship with these loathsome abbreviations?
如果你有兴趣的话 或许我等会可以拨点时间给你
I could make myself free for later on, if you want.
我还得出城去渡周末呢 改天吧
No, Gloria, I’m going away for the weekend. Some other time.
我随时候教 我就是喜欢你这一头浓密的头发
Any time. I’m just crazy about the back of your hair.
奈特 再给我来一杯
Nat, weave me another.
你还是少喝点吧 – 别担心我
You’d better take it easy. – Oh, don’t worry about me.
只要五点四十五分时 通知我一声就行了 – 好的
Just let me know when it’s a quarter of 6:00. – Okay.
来嘛 陪我一起喝一杯
Come on, Nat, join me. One little jigger of dreams.
不用了 谢谢 – 你不赞成别人喝酒?
No, thanks. – You don’t approve of drinking?
至少不是你这种喝法
Not the way you drink.
酒很伤肝 是不是?
It shrinks my liver, doesn’t it, Nat?
酒也很伤肾 是的 我知道
It pickles my kidneys, yes.
但你知道它对我的头脑有何种影响吗?
But what does it do to my mind?
它让我的思想能自♥由♥自在的翱翔
It tosses the sandbags overboard so the balloon can soar.
突然之间 我不再平凡
Suddenly, I’m above the ordinary.
我开始自信 极端的自信
I’m confident, supremely confident.
我可以安然的在尼加拉瓜大瀑布上走绳索
I’m walking a tightrope over Niagara Falls.
我是杰出的精英
I’m one of the great ones.
我是米开朗基罗 用双手替摩西做雕像
I’m Michelangelo molding the beard of Moses.
我是描绘金色阳光的梵谷
I’m van Gogh painting pure sunlight.
我是弹奏着皇帝协奏曲的霍洛维兹
I’m Horowitz playing the “Emperor Concerto.”
我是演技精湛的约翰巴瑞摩
I’m John Barrymore before the movies got him by the throat.
我是杰西詹姆士和他的两个兄弟
I’m JesseJames and his two brothers.
我是他们三人的综合体
All three of them!
我是莎士比亚
I’m W. Shakespeare.
而在那外面 那不再是第三大道
And out there, it’s not 3rd Avenue any longer.
那是尼罗河
It’s the Nile, Nat, the Nile…
河面上飘来的是埃及艳后的小船
and down it floats the barge of Cleopatra.
过来
Come here.
“紫色的帆 空气中弥漫着香气”
“Purple the sails and so perfumed”
“连风儿都爱上了它们”
“that the winds were lovesick with them.”
“银色的船浆 随着悠扬的笛声而滑动”
“The oars were silver, which to the tune offlutes kept stroke.”
或许 他去了马蓝地或是奈特酒吧
Maybe he’s at Mirandi’s or Nat’s Bar
那在四十二街上
or that place on 42nd Street.
是又怎么样?
What difference does it make?
你该不会真的要一个人去?- 我正是要如此
You’re not really going. – I certainly am.
你不能放任他独自一人四天 – 我当然能
You can’t leave him alone, not for four days. – Yes, I can.
老天 要是他独自一人 任何事都有可能发生
Oh, for heaven’s sake, Wick. If he’s left alone, anything can happen.
我这个星期六日都要上整天班
I’m tied up at the office every minute all Saturday, all Sunday.
我没办法看着他
I can’t look out for him.
你也知道他会怎样 他可能会被车撞伤
You know how he gets. He’ll be run over by a car.
也可能会被逮捕 他根本不知道自己在做什么
He’ll be arrested. He doesn’t know what he’s doing.
他可能会抽着香烟睡着 他这样会被烧死的
A cigarette might fall from his mouth and he’d burn in bed.
该发生的就会发生 我倒希望他死了算了
Oh, Helen, if it happens, it happens, and I hope it does.
我过了六年这种日子 我已经受够了
I’ve had six years of this. I’ve had my bellyful!
你不是认真的 – 我就是
Wick, you can’t mean that. – Yes, I do.
我知道这很残忍♥ 但是我不在乎
It’s terrible, I know, but I mean it.
看在老天爷的份上
For heaven’s sakes!
我们别再自欺欺人了
Who are we fooling?
我们什么都试过了 不是吗?
We’ve tried everything, haven’t we?
我们试过跟他讲道理 由着他
We’ve reasoned with him. We’ve babied him.
寸步不离的看着他 我们甚至试着相信他
We’ve watched him like a hawk. We’ve tried trusting him.
你试着帮他多少次了?而我又狠狠打了他几次?
How often have you cried? How often have I beaten him up?
他总是搞得自己灰头土脸
Scrape him out of a gutter
而我们总是尽力帮他善后
and pump some kind of self-respect into him…
但他却一犯再犯 而且屡试不爽
and back he falls… back in every time.
他是个有病的人
He’s a sick person.
那就好像他的心脏
It’s as though there were something wrong
或是肺脏出了问题一样
with his heart or his lungs.
要是他患了心脏病 你绝不会不管他
You wouldn’t walk out on him if he had an attack.
他需要我们的帮助
He needs our help.
可他不接受我们的帮助 他痛恨我们
He won’t accept our help… not Don. He hates us.
他只想和他的酒瓶作伴
He wants to be alone with that bottle of his.
那是他现在唯一在乎的
It’s all he gives a hang about.
我们何苦自欺欺人?他是个无可救药的酒鬼
Why kid ourselves? He’s a hopeless alcoholic.
“白云覆盖的高塔 富丽堂皇的宫殿”
“The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces…
奈特
Nat!
“庄严的寺庙和美丽的世界”
The solemn temples, the great globe itself.”
柏南先生 你该快点回家 现在已经很晚了
Mr. Birnam, you ought to go home. It’s late.
“总有一天 我们所继承的必将逝去”
“Yea, all which it inherits shall dissolve.”
你快点回家吧 你弟弟还在等你呢 – 谁说的?
You ought to go home on account of your brother. – Who says so?
你说你们约好了要一起出去的 你不记得了吗?
You said you’re going away somewhere. Don’t you remember?
现在几点了?- 六点十分
What time is it? – Ten past 6:00.
你怎么不早说呢?
Why didn’t you tell me?
我已经跟你说了半个小时了
What do you think I’ve been doing for half an hour?
别忘了你的零钱啊
Hey, hey! Your change!
计程车 计程车
Taxi! Taxi!
我可以顺道载你到中♥央♥车站
I’ll give you a lift as far as Grand Central.
不用了 谢谢你 我要在这里等他 – 你疯了
No, thanks. I’m gonna wait here. – You’re crazy.
就因为我不放弃他?或许我是疯了
Because I won’t give up? Maybe I am.
放弃他吧 给你自己一个机会
Let go of him, Helen. Give yourself a chance.
再见 韦克
Good-bye, Wick.

Hi.
我还以为你这个周末要出城去
I thought you was going away for the weekend.
你在干嘛?给我倒一杯酒
For Pete’s sake, what are you doing? Come on and give me a drink.
马上就来 我正在准备我的午餐
Be right with you. Just fixing myself some lunch.
别弄了 先给我来杯酒吧
Stop it and give me a drink, for heaven’s sake.
快啊 快啊 – 好吧
Come on. Come on! – Okay.
你不能动作快点吗?- 来了
Can’t you hurry it up a little? – Here you are, Mr. Birnam.
昨晚那个小姐来找过你
That young lady stopped in last night looking for you.
哪个小姐?- 穿豹纹大衣的那个
What young lady? – The one with the leopard coat.
然后呢?- 她装作一副好像刚好经过的样子
Yeah? – She acted like she just happened to drop in…
但我知道 她是一间间酒吧在找你
but I know she was making the rounds after you.
你跟她说了什么?
What did you say to her?
我说你已经两个星期没来过了
Said you haven’t been in for two weeks.
很好 我不能让她见我
That’s good. I can’t let her see me,
尤其是当我又开始酗酒时
not now when I’m off like this.
为什么你不干脆戒了算了
Why don’t you cut it short?
我不能戒
Don’t talk like a child. You can’t cut it short.
这就好比旋转木马
Get on the merry-go-round,
除非机器停了 不然你就得坐下去
you gotta ride it all the way.
转啊转的 直到那刺耳的音乐停止
‘Round and ’round till that blasted music wears itself out…
等到机器再也转不动而停下来为止
and the thing dies down and clunks to a stop.
你吃点东西吧 – 快拿开
Hey, how about you eating some of this? – Take it away.
你总得吃点东西
You gotta eat something sometime.
再给我来一杯
Just give me another drink.
柏南先生 现在还是早上
Mr. Birnam, this is the morning.
那才是我最饥渴的时候
That’s when you need it most, in the morning.
难道你不知道吗?
Haven’t you learned that yet?
在夜晚 酒只是酒 在早上 酒则变成了解药
At night, the stuff s a drink. In the morning, it’s medicine.
你不介意我一边吃饭吧?- 你挪过去一点就行了
Okay if I eat? – A little to one side.
你是否曾经很害怕的醒来
Nat, are you ever scared when you wake up…
因为恐惧而汗流浃背?
so scared the sweat starts out of you, huh?
不 你当然不会啰 你的生活是简单的
No, not you. With you it’s simple.
当闹钟响时
The alarm clock goes off,
你睁开双眼 然后刷牙
you open your eyes and brush your teeth…
阅读每日镜报
and read the Daily Mirror, that’s all.
你是否曾经躺在床上 看着窗外
You ever lie in your bed, looking at the window?
窗外泛着微弱的日光 你开始胡思乱想
A little daylight’s coming through, and you start to wonder.
是天亮了吗?还是天黑了?
Is it getting lighter? Is it getting darker?
现在是黎明还是黄昏?
Is it dawn or is it dusk?
那是个恐怖的问题
That’s a terrifying problem, Nat.
因为如果是黎明 你就死定了
Because if it’s dawn, you’re dead.
所有酒吧都关门了
The bars are closed,
所有卖♥♥烟酒的商店要到九点才开