希望我没有打扰到你 – 请说
I hope I ain’t intrudin’. – What is it?
你知道你上次发生意外之后
When you had that accident… afterward,
我在尼罗河上捞起了这个
I found this floatin’ around on the Nile.
它是台很棒的机器
She writes pretty good.
我给它上了点油
I oiled her up a little,
不过 我照顾它可不是为了让你再把它拿去典当
and I didn’t oil her up so you can hock her!
把它给我吧 奈特 – 你好啊 小姐
I’ll take it, Nat. – Hello, miss.
谢谢你 奈特 – 俄亥俄州的紫丁香还好吧
Thank you, Nat. – How are all them lilacs in Ohio?
你看 唐 这就是证明
Well, Don, here it is.
你现在有什么好说的?
What do you say now?
你在说什么?这个
Say about what?
某人从某处把它送了回来 为什么呢?
Someone, somewhere sent it back. Why?
因为他希望你勇敢活下去
Because he means you to stay alive.
因为他希望你继续写作
Because he wants you to write.
是你说希望奇迹出现的
I didn’t ask for a big miracle.
你要我用这双颤抖的手和醉昏了的脑袋来写作吗?
Write with these hands and a brain that’s all out of focus?
你会清醒过来的
It’ll clear up. You’ll be well.
我只会呆坐在这里 害怕的盯着白纸发呆
I’ll be sitting there, staring at that white sheet, scared!
不 你不会的 你只是忘记了身体健康的感觉
No, you won’t. You’ve forgotten what it feels like to be well.
我该写什么好呢
What am I gonna write about?
写你准备要写的东西
What you’ve always wanted to write.
我找到的那张纸去哪了?
Where was the page I found?
“瓶中物 唐柏南的长篇小说”
“The Bottle… A Novel by Don Birnam.”
这是个什么样的故事
What was that to be?
这是一个悲惨的故事
About a messed-up life…
主角是一个男人 一个女人和一个酒瓶
about a man and a woman and a bottle…
内容包括恶梦 恐惧和耻辱
about nightmares, horrors, humiliations…
全是些我想遗忘的东西
all the things I want to forget.
那就把它写下来吧
Put it all down on paper.
这样 你就可以摆脱它们了
Get rid of it that way.
把这个故事传达给那些需要帮助的人
Tell it all to whom it may concern,
而那些人不在少数
and it concerns so many people, Don.
是啊
Yeah.
我去做早餐
I’ll fix us some breakfast.
我们有非常多牛奶
We have quite a supply of milk.
你可以看到 我连第一行都写不出来
You’ll notice I didn’t even find a first line.
你写不出来
Of course you couldn’t write the beginning,
是因为你并不知道这故事会如何结束
because you didn’t know the ending.
可是现在
Only now…
现在你知道结局了
only now you know the ending.
写好后我要寄一份给宾恩
I’m going to send one copy to Bim…
再寄一份给那位借我大衣的医生 还要寄一份给奈特
one to the doctor who loaned me his coat and one to Nat.
你能想像韦克站在书店前
Imagine Wick standing in front of a bookstore…
看到用我的小说 所高高舼起的金字塔
a great big pyramid of my books… “A Novel by Don Birnam.”
他会说”那是我小弟”
“That’s by my brother, you know.”
我男朋友是个作家
That’s by my fellow.
我早跟你们说过了
Didn’t I always tell you?
我要把这个周末写下来
I’m gonna put this whole weekend down, minute by minute.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
我要写下我是如何站在那里打包
The way I stood in there, packing my suitcase.
可是我的心却不在行李箱上
Only my mind wasn’t on the suitcase,
我不在乎渡假的事
and it wasn’t on the weekend.
我也不关心要带哪件衬衫去旅行
Nor was it on the shirts I was putting in the suitcase, either.
我的心悬在那窗外
My mind was hanging outside the window.
它就吊在窗台旁十八呎下的位置
It was suspended, just about 18 inches below.
在外面那一望无际的水泥丛林里
And out there in that great big concretejungle…
我在想有多少人和我一样
I wonder how many others there are like me.
是个可怜又迷惑的家伙 因为渴望酒精而痛不欲生
Poor bedeviled guys on fire with thirst…
在其他人眼中 我们是可笑又可悲的人物
such comical figures to the rest of the world
我们生存的目的
as they stagger blindly…
只为了能再一次狂欢 再一次喧乐 再一次畅饮
towards another binge, another bender, another spree.