拜托你 不要大声嚷嚷
No scene, please.
快把当票给我
Just give me the pawn ticket.
我不要你现在去把皮草赎回来
I don’t want you to claim it now.
那样太明显了
It’d look queer.
你会在乎那个当铺老板如何看
You’re ashamed of what the pawnbroker will think?
你 难道你就不在乎我怎么看你吗?
It doesn’t matter what I think.
韦克会帮你把大衣赎回来
Wick’ll get you back your coat.
你为什么不拿我的手链或是薪水
You couldn’t have taken my bracelet or my paycheck.
为什么偏偏要拿那件大衣
It had to be that coat.
就算那是我们的定情物又怎样
You mean the one that brought us together?
别傻了
Stop being sentimental.
相信我 唐 我已经不再在乎
Oh, I have, I assure you. It’s finished. It’s dead!
三年来 没有人能说服我放弃你
For three years they couldn’t talk me out of you.
也只有我真正了解你
I was the only one that understood you.
我知道你内心一定存在着些什么
I knew there was a core of something. Well, there is a core…
现在我知道了 你是一只海绵
and now I know what it is: A sponge!
为了吸取更多酒精
And to soak it full you’ll do anything
你愿意做尽所有自私无♥耻♥下流的事
that’s ruthless, selfish, dishonest…
我叫你不要大声嚷嚷
I asked you not to make a scene.
那就把当票给我
Then give me the ticket!
现在不行 求求你
No, Helen, not now please.
那些钱你可以留着
I don’t want the money.
你高兴去买♥♥醉就去吧 我不在乎了
Get drunk for all I care!
谢谢
Thank you.
刚才有位男士进来过
A gentleman came in a while ago.
你拿多少钱跟他交换那件大衣?
How much did you give him for that coat?
为什么?- 我要把它赎回来 那是我的大衣
Why? – Well, I want it back. It’s my coat.
这是你的?
It’s your coat?
没关系 是我让他拿来当的
He had my permission.
你给了他多少钱?
How much did you give him?
他不要钱 他只想跟我换一件东西
He didn’t want any money. He just wanted to swap it.
换东西?他想换什么?
Swap it? For what?
一件他很久以前拿来典当的东西
Oh, something he hocked here a long while back.
那是什么?
What?
一把枪
A gun.
一把枪
A gun?
如果你想把大衣赎回去
Now, if you want the coat back, I can…
什么事 海伦?
What is it, Helen?
你怎么了吗?
What’s the matter?
没事 戴夫把备份钥匙给了我
Nothing. Dave gave me the keys.
我以为你不在家
I didn’t think you were here.
你想要干嘛?
What do you want here?
外面的雨很大 我又叫不到计程车
It’s just the rain is worse, and I couldn’t get a taxi.
所以 我想上来
I thought perhaps
跟你借一件大衣
I could borrow a-a coat under the circumstances.
没问题 就拿我的风衣如何?
Sure. How ’bout my raincoat?
没想到这么多年之后
Funny that we should wind up
我们又再次回到当初相遇的场景
after all these years just as we met…
我拿着你的风衣 – 而我持有你的豹纹大衣
I with your raincoat… – And I with your leopard coat.
我总是得到最好的买♥♥卖♥♥
I always got the best of the bargain.
再见了 海伦
Good-bye, Helen.
你在找些什么?
What are you looking for?
我在想也许 也许你能借我东西遮遮头发
Oh, I thought perhaps you might have something for my hair.
你要借我的黑帽子吗?
Would you care to wear my black derby?
任何你不要用的旧东西都行
Any old thing… any old scarf.
没问题
All right.
拿去吧 – 谢谢
Here you are. – Thank you.
再见
So long.
在我打扫时所找到的威士忌
Do you know, Don, there was some whiskey in the bottle
瓶子里还有剩一点酒
after I cleaned up last night.
是吗?- 你想知道我把它放哪了吗?
Was there? – Wouldn’t you like to know where I put it?
不想 – 你不想来一杯吗 唐?
No. – Don’t you want a drink, Don?
不想
No.
就在这里 你来一杯嘛 只要一杯就好
Here it is, right here. Why don’t you have one? Just one.
你到底想干什么
What are you up to?
没什么 我只是很后悔刚才那样跟你说话
Nothing. I’m just ashamed of the way I talked to you:
我简直就像一个自私 小心眼 又不体贴的乡巴佬
Like a narrow-minded, insensitive, small-town teetotaler.
我跟你说了我不想喝酒 至少现在不想
I told you I don’t feel like a drink, not now.
来嘛 唐 只要一杯
Come on, Don. Just one.
我陪你喝一杯 反正我不急着走
I’ll have one with you. I’m in no hurry.
今天我办公室刚好很闲
This is my easy day at the office.
海伦 在韦克回来之前
Look, Helen, there are a few things I want to put in order
我有几件事想先处理好
before Wick comes.
让我留下来 求求你 – 不行
Let me stay… please. – No.
我不想无礼 可是你必须离开
I don’t want to sound rude, but I’m afraid you’ll have to leave now.
拿去 唐
Here, Don.
你真是太善良了
You’re very sweet.
再见 别让我♥干♥耗在这里
Good-bye. Don’t let me bend for nothing.
你需要喝一杯 唐 我知道你很想喝酒
You need this, Don. Drink it. I want you to drink it.
我会买♥♥更多酒给你 你要多少我就买♥♥多少
I’ll get you some more. I’ll get you all you want!
你说的这是什么话
What kind of talk is that?
我宁愿要一个活的酒鬼 也不要一具冰冷的死尸
It’s just that I’d rather have you drunk than dead.
是谁要死了?- 你别骗我了
Who wants to be dead? – Stop lying to me.
把枪给我
Give it to me.
好了 你走吧 拜托你 别再阻止我
All right, now go. And no fuss, please.
也别打电♥话♥给邻居
And don’t call in the neighbors.
这对大家都没好处
It won’t do any good, I promise you.
我不会的 因为你的心意已定
I won’t. You’ve made up your mind.
但求求你 告诉我为什么
But could you tell me why?
因为这对大家都是最好的
Because it’s best all around, for everybody…
对你 对韦克 对我也是
for you, for Wick and for me.
那不是真的 我们爱你
But we love you, Wick and I.
那就算为我吧 我又自私自利了
All right then, for me. Selfish again.
唐 这样的遗言未免太悲伤了
That’s a sad, final word, Don.
不如这样看吧 我这样做只是为了慎重起见
Look at it this way, Helen: This is just a formality.
反正唐柏南早已经死了
Don Birnam is dead already.
他这个周末就已经死了
He died over this weekend.
是吗?他是怎么死的?
Did he? What did he die of?
死因很复杂 包括酒精 道德的贫脊症
Of a lot of things… of alcohol, of moral anemia…
恐惧 羞耻感 还有酒精中毒症
of fear, shame, d.t.’s.
你是说那个唐柏南啊
Oh, that Don Birnam.
那你现在要杀的是另外一个吗?
And now you want to kill the other one?
什么另外一个
What other?
是你自己跟我说 有两个唐柏南的
There were two Dons, you told me:
一个是酒鬼 另外一个是作家
The drunk and the writer.
我们别在言语上玩花样了
Let’s not go back to a fancy figure of speech.
这个世界上只有一个唐柏南
There’s only one Don.
我已经完蛋了 – 唐
He’s through. – Oh, Don.
我没事 我还有足够的力气来扣扳机
I’m all right. I still have enough strength left.
我知道 我看得出来
I know you have. I can see it.
别把力气浪费在扣扳机上
Don’t waste it by pulling a trigger, Don.
让我结束这一切吧
Oh, let me get it over with.
你难道希望我再给你一个我无法遵守的承诺吗?
Or do you want another one of my promises that I never keep?
我不要你的承诺
I don’t want you to give your promise
你除了你自己之外 不需要给任何人承诺
to anybody but Don Birnam.
太迟了 我不知道如何重新开始
It’s too late! I wouldn’t know how to start!
重新开始的唯一方法在于放弃一切
The only way to start is to stop.
你唯一的解药就是彻底放弃酒精
There is no cure besides just stopping.
我做不到 – 可是有那么多人成功过
Can’t be done. – Other people have stopped.
那些人有理想及抱负在支持他们
People with a purpose, with something to do!
但你也有你的才华和野心啊
You’ve got talent and ambition!
才华?野心?那些早就死了 它们都淹死了
Talent, ambition… that’s dead long ago. That’s drowned!
它们现在正挺着大肚子 在酒精打泊中随波逐流
That’s drifting around with a bloated belly on a lake of alcohol.
不 你错了 它们都还存在
No, it isn’t. You still have it!
别试着拖延时间 海伦 这已经太迟了
Quit trying to stall me, Helen. It’s too late.
我的心中已经不再有文采
There’s no more writing left in me. It’s gone.
你期望什么?一个奇迹吗?
What do you expect… a miracle?
是的 是的 我只希望能让你了解
Yes, yes, yes! If I could just make you un… –
谁啊?- 是我 柏南先生
Who is it? – It’s me, Mr. Birnam.
有事吗 奈特?- 我带了点东西来
What is it, Nat? – I got somethin’for you, Mr. Birnam.