You’re gonna have to take this meeting on your own, Mathew.
你得自己去参加这次会议了,马修。
I’ve got too much to do.
我要做的事太多了。
The bloody thing’s been forced on us anyway.
反正这该死的东西是强加给我们的。
Richard, this is Philippa Langley.
理查怠戡这是菲莉帕·兰利。
– Hello. Richard Buckley. – Hello. Erm…
-你好。理查德.巴克利。 -你好。呃…
This is my deputy, Mathew Morris.
这是我的副手,马修·莫里斯。
Sorry, can I sit down, please?
对不起,我能坐下来吗?
Er, yes, there, of course. Erm…
嗯,是的,当然可以。嗯…
Thank you.
谢谢你。
Is anything… Anything the matter?
有什么…有什么事吗?
So sorry, I’ve got me and it’s a real illness.
很抱歉,我得了一种,这真的是一种病。
It… it comes on at times of stress.
它在…它在压力大的时候就会发作。
Would you like a glass of water?
你想喝杯水吗?
Yes, please, that’d be lovely. Thank you.
好的,那太好了。谢谢你!
– Would you like to reschedule? – No.
-你想重新安排时间吗? —不用。
Erm, actually, I’ve… I’ve… got a cake for you.
呃,实际上,我…我已经…给你准备了蛋糕。
– Not for me. – Thank you very much.
-别给我。 -非常感谢你。
It’s, er, lemon drizzle.
这是淋上柠檬汁的。
Your receptionist gave me a knife.
你的接待员给了我一把刀。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
– Thank you so much. – Pleasure.
-非常感谢你。 -别客气。
So you’re a friend of the mayor?
这么说你是市长的朋友?
– No. – Oh, I thought…
—不是。 -哦,我还以为…
My friend used to live next door to him, so I sort of…
我朋友以前住在他隔壁,所以,我算是稍稍…
I sort of used him to get to you.
我稍稍地利用他来找你。
– And it worked. – Hmm.
-但这奏效了。 -嗯。
– So, er, what is it you wanted? – Thank you.
-呃,你想要什么? -谢谢。
Erm…
呃…
I’ve… I’ve got a archaeological proposal
我有…我有一个关于理查三世的
about Richard III that might…
考古建议,也许…
I hope would be of interest to you.
我希望您能感兴趣。
Ok.
好的。
I’m planning to raise the funds to pay you, of course.
当然,我打算筹集资金,付给你们报酬。
Ok.
好的。
Do you want me to start talking about it now?
你想让我现在就开始谈吗?
Please do.
请吧。
– I want to dig for Richard. – For Richard?
-我想挖掘探究理查三世国王。 -探究理查国王?
Yes.
是的。
And what is it you want to dig for?
你想探究什么?
Richard.
理查。
The third.
第三个理查国王。
Yes, in connection with Richard III,
是的,关于理查三世,
what is it you’re hoping to find?
你希望找到什么?
Him. Him.
他本人。他自己。
– Him? – Yes.
-他本人? -是的。
I think I know where he is.
我想我知道他埋在哪了。
I’m really sorry. I think I need some air.
我真的很抱歉。我想我需要透透气。
Oh, of course.
哦,没关系。
– I’m so sorry. – Let me help you.
-很抱歉。-我来帮你。
– Would you mind? – Could you?
-你介意吗? -可以吗?
– Yes, of course. Of course. – There we are.
-是的,当然。当然可以。-我们出去谈吧。
There we go.
我们出去吧。
– Thank you. – That’s the way.
-谢谢。 -是这样的。
So, where do you think he is?
你觉得他在哪里?
It’s my understanding that his remains were thrown into…
据我所知,他的尸体被扔进了…
He wasn’t thrown into the river soar.
他不是被扔进河里的。
I read that in your book
我在你的书里读到的
and that rumour has been since discredited.
那个谣言已经被推♥翻♥了。
Well, you may well be right.He may be out there somewhere.
嗯,你很可能是对的。他可能就在某个地方。
But even if we… Even if we can pinpoint
但即使我们…即使我们能确定
where greyfriars once stood,
方济各修道院曾经的位置,
finding him would be virtually impossible.
也几乎不可能找到他。
Literally finding a needle in a haystack would be easier.
实际上,大海捞针要容易得多。
Well, according to the historian John ashdown-hill,
根据历史学家约翰.阿什顿-希尔的说法,
the site of greyfriars
方济各修道院的遗址
would probably still be an open space somewhere.
可能还在某处的空地上。
So, can you help me?
所以,你能帮助我吗?
No.
不行。
– Oh. – I don’t look for people.
-哦。 -我不是找人的。
If you go and look for a single thing…
如果你去找一件东西…
He just called me a thing.
他刚刚叫我一个东西。
Please don’t call him that. He is a person, not a thing.
不要这么称呼他。他也是个人,不是什么东西。
Ok, I’m just saying,
好吧,我只是说,
I don’t go looking for one specific thing.
我不会去找一个特定的东西。
He just said it again.
他刚刚又说了一遍。
– You just said it again. – Sorry.
-你刚刚又说了一遍。 —对不起。
Er, the point I’m trying to make
我想说的意思是,
is that’s not how archaeology works.
考古学工作不是这样进行的。
All right, well, erm…
好吧,嗯…
Well, how about we look for a church?
那我们就去找个教堂,怎么样?
The whole church, not just Richard?
整个教堂,不只是找理查的墓穴?
What can you show us to back up any of what you’re saying?
你能给我们看些什么,来支持你所说的呢?
Actually, would you mind? Thank you so much.
其实,能帮个忙吗? 非常感谢。
Well, here’s the relevant parts of my research.
这是我研究的相关部分。
Well, why don’t you leave this with me,
你把这个交给我读一下吧,
– and I’ll get back to you? – Of course, yes.
-我回头再打电♥话♥给你? -当然可以。
I’ve got copies. You can keep that.
我有复印件。你可以留着它。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
– So, are you feeling better now? – Much.
-你现在感觉好点了吗? —好多了。
Goodbye, mr Buckley.
再见,巴克利先生。
– Richard. – The third, yes.
-叫我理查德。 -第三个,好的。
No. That’s my name. Richard.
不。这是我的名字,理查德。
Of course it is.
当然是的。
Goodbye, Richard.
再见,理查德。
– Thank you for the cake. – My pleasure.
-谢谢你的蛋糕。-不客气。
– Bye, Mathew. – Goodbye.
-再见,马修。 —再见。
– Yes. – Thank you.
-好的。 -谢谢你。
I’ll tell the lord mayor’s office that we’ve met her,
我会告诉市长办公室我们见过她了,
duty done, and email her thanks, but no, thanks.
交待的任务完成了,然后发邮件感谢她,但还是不行,再次谢谢她。
Yep, ok.
就这样,好的。
It’s funny. I do enjoy talking to you.
这很有趣。我很喜欢和你谈话。
If it’s to tell me again how ugly I am,
如果你想再告诉我,我有多丑,
i’d, er, rather you didn’t bother.
之类的,我劝你就别再费心了。
There’s something I’ve been meaning to ask you.
有件事我一直想问你。
– The princes in the tower. – Hmm.
-那个在伦敦塔里的小王子们。 -嗯。
– Your nephews. – What about them?
-你的侄子们。 -关于他们什么?
Well, what… What happened to them?
那,他们都…都发生了什么?
What do you think happened to them?
你觉得他们会怎么了?
I don’t know.
我不知道。
Well, lots of people say you killed them or had them killed
好吧,很多人说你杀了他们,或者让人杀了他们,
so you could become king, but…
这样你就可以成为国王,但是……
Did you?
你干了吗?
You’re really asking me that?
你真的要问我这个吗?
Well, I know Edward also had five daughters.
好吧,我还知道你王兄爱德华,还有五个女儿。
And then there was your older brother George’s son.
还有你长兄乔治的儿子。
And your sister had seven sons,
而你的姐姐有七个儿子,
and they all had claims to the throne.
他们都有继承王位的权利。
So if you killed one, you’d have to kill them all.
所以如果你杀了一个,你就得把他们都杀了。
And that’s what I tell people.
这就是我想告诉别人的。
No. I… I’m sorry.
别走。我…我很抱歉。
Please don’t go. I’m just trying to understand.
请不要走。我只是想弄明白。
I’m sorry.
我很抱歉。
– Hey. – How did it go?
-嘿。 -事情进展怎么样了?
Erm, hard to say. Ok, I think. I don’t know.
嗯,不好说。好吧,我想说。我还不知道。
It’s just, suddenly, it feels like, erm…
只是,突然间,我觉得…
Well, it’s a bit scary because it’s…
嗯,这有点可拧戡因为它是…
I feel it’s the last-chance saloon, you know?
我觉得这是最后的机会了,你知道吗?
How’d it go with,erm, sea… Sarah.
你和那个爱吃海…的萨拉进展如何。
Yes, go on, seafood Sarah.
是的,接着说,“海鲜萨拉”。
I know what you and the boys call her.
我知道,你和孩子们怎么称呼她。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!