We will stay out as long as is humanly possible.
我们会在外面,能待多久就待多久。
Take your time. Come through.
你们慢慢来,我们来讨论一下。
If I had two sons,
如果我有两个儿子,
I would make sure they had something to eat
在我去找理查三世之前,我会确保
before I went looking for Richard III.
他们有东西吃。
I’m wondering now if we make a direct appeal
我在想我们是否可以,直接呼吁
to the ricardians to raise some funds for the dig.
“挺理查派”的人,为挖掘工作募集一些资金。
– A crowd fund.- Yes, exactly that.
-众筹基金。 -是的,就是这样。
Er, what do you want to call it?
呃,你想叫它什么?
Oh, I couldn’t decide between digging the king
我无法决定,在挖掘国王过程中,其实。
because it works on two levels.
有着两个方面的作用。
We are actually digging for him and also want people to…
我们是要挖掘出他,还是想让世人…
“Dig” Richard.
“挖掘”理查。
Yeah, I-I got that. What’s the other title?
是的,我…我明白了。还有什么其他的名目?
– Looking for Richard project. – Call it that.
-探寻理查计划。 -就叫这个名字。
Right.
好的。
Should that be “sudden and unexpected shortfall”?
应该是“突然并意外的短缺”呢?
– Hmm. – Ok.
-嗯。-好的。
That’s good.
这个好。
– Happy? – I think so.
-满意了? -我想是的。
Certainly better than what I had.
比我以前草拟的好多了。
– Send? – Yeah.
-发送吗? -好的。
That’s it.
就是它了。
Three and half thousand society members.
三千五百名会员。
If everyone sends in a pound, be a good start, wouldn’t it?
如果每个人都寄来一英镑,这是一个好的开始,不是吗?
I’d say. Thank you so much.
我想说。非常感谢。
注意:收到508条新讯息。
There are still emails coming in from america,
继续发来的,还有来自美国、
Australia, South Africa,Germany, Canada, Brazil.
澳大利亚、南非、德国、加拿大、巴西的邮件。
So, how much has been pledged?
那么,已经承诺了多少资金?
Oh, well, the current total is, er…
哦,好吧,目前的总数是…
£26,374 and rising.
一共募集到26375英镑,并还在上涨。
I can’t believe it.
我简直不敢相信。
Our own chairman has donated £5,000 all by himself.
我们协会的主席,已经以个人名义捐助了5000英镑。
– Phil stone? – Yeah.
-菲尔.斯通? -是的。
And another £2,000 from an anonymous source.
还有2000英镑来自无名人士。
People have been so generous, it’s overwhelming.
大家都很慷慨,让人难以谢绝。
I think it’s gonna happen.
我认为这是会发生的。
Can we keep this clear, please?
我们能说清楚点吗?
Over here, please.
请到这边来。
Oh, very patriotic.
哦,非常爱国。
– Right. – Thank you.
-好了。 -谢谢你。
– Good luck. – Thank you very much.
-祝你好运。-非常感谢。
I’ll need it.
我需要这个。
The train now standing at platform three
现在停靠在三号♥站台的
is the 10:25 service to inverness.
是10:25开往因弗内斯的列车。
Calling at haymarket,falkirk, stirling, dunblane,
沿途经停干草市场、福尔柯克、斯特灵、邓布兰、
gleneagles, Perth, dunkeld,
格伦伊格尔斯、珀斯、邓克尔德、
pitlochry, Blair atholl…
皮特洛克里、布莱尔阿索尔…
What’s wrong?
怎么了?
Where’s the new car?
你的那辆新车呢?
The boys said you were getting a new car.
孩子们说你买♥♥了辆新车。
What?
什么?
It was you, wasn’t it?
那个无名氏就是你,对吧?
Two thousand pounds for the appeal.
2000英镑,就这么捐了。
It was the boys’ idea.
那是孩子们的主意。
They insisted.
他俩坚持的。
You’re a good man, John.
你是个好人,约翰。
Hmm. That’s fair.
嗯。这就公平了。
Hi, Richard. What’s happening?
嗨,理查德。怎么回事?
As we discussed, three trenches.Maximum the budget will allow.
正像我们说的那样,三条探沟,这是我们预算的最大限度。
And in order to give ourselves the best chance
为了给我们最好的机会
of finding one of the walls of greyfriars,
找到方济各修道院的墙基,
I’m gonna cut them north to south.
我要从北向南切开它们。
Here. One there. And another one over there.
这里挖一条。在那里再挖一条。
– Trench one will start here. – Ok.
-一号♥探沟从这里开始。 -好的。
And run all the way down this way
沿着那条沟一直
to round about here.
连到这里。
– To about here? – That’s right, yeah.
-挖到这里吗? -没错,正是。
Ooh, by the way, I meant to tell you,
对了,我本来想告诉你的,
I signed the exhumation licence.
我签了尸体挖掘许可证。
The paperwork arrived at the office this morning.
这文件今天早上到了我办公室。
I couldn’t remember if you had any comments.
我想知道,你对此有什么意见。
I just wanted to get it out of the way.
我只是想把它解决掉。
Saves a lot of fannying around.
这样会省了不少麻烦。
Course, it’s not an issue unless we find him.
当然,除非我们找到他尸体,否则这就不是问题。
Er, does it matter what end we start at?
呃,我们从哪边开始挖,这有什么说法吗?
Er… no.
呃…没有。
Can we start at this end, do you think?
我们能从这头开始挖吗?
– Any particular reason? – No.
–有什么特殊理由吗? -没有。
– Ok. – Great.
-没问题。 -太好了。
– Groovy wellies. – Thanks.
-你的防水靴很有意思。 -谢谢。
Philippa.
菲利帕。
John!
约翰!
So glad you could make it!
很高兴你能来!
– Who’s that fellow over there? – What?
-那边那个家伙是谁? —什么?
Oh, that’s, erm… That’s Richard Taylor.
哦,那是…那是理查德·泰勒。
He’s from Leicester university. Why?
他来自莱斯特大学。有问题吗?
I rather thought you were the driving force behind this dig,
我本以为是你在幕后推动了这次挖掘,
but from what I could hear,
但据我所知,
apparently, it’s all down to the university.
显然,这都是大学的功劳。
What?
什么?
We’re very excited about what we might find.
我们对可能的发现,感到非常兴奋。
Very excited.
非常兴奋。
And so, with the university leading the search,
所以,这是在大学领导下的探究工作,
we can say with confidence that if he’s out there,
我们可以自信地说,如果他在那里,
we will find him.
我们会找到他的。
– Richard. – Ok?
-理查德。 -好了吗?
– That’s great. – Good.
-非常棒。 -那就好
– Thank you. – What’s going on?
-谢谢你。 -这是怎么回事?
Just a little interview for the university website.
只是学校网站上的一个小采访。
Erm, Leicester uni isn’t leading the search for Richard. I am.
莱斯特大学不是负责寻找理查德的。我才是。
You put in a little bit of funding right at the last minute
你们在最后一分钟投入了一笔资金,
– and that’s it. – Come on now, Philippa.
-仅此而已。 -现在就别说这么多了,菲利帕。
– We’re all in this together. – Philippa.
-我们都一起在工作。 -菲利帕。
– Excuse me. – Hm-hmm.
-对不起。 -嗯,嗯。
Someone getting too big for their fancy boots.
有些人穿上了漂亮靴子,就变得自大自狂。
What is it?
这是什么?
Philippa, we’ve found some leg bones.
菲莉帕,我们找到了一些腿骨。
– Leg bones? – No feet with them.
-腿骨? -却没有发现脚。
Just the lower legs sticking out into the trench.
只有小腿骨伸出到探沟。
Looks like the feet were cut off
看起来这些脚是
when they dug down to put in sewage pipes
几百年前,他们挖地埋下水道时
a couple of hundred years ago.
被切下来的。
What about the rest of the body?
尸体的其他部位呢?
Well, if it’s a complete burial,
如果是完整的埋葬,
it’s under there outside the trench.
就在探沟外面的土下面。
It’s almost certain this whole area is outside the church,
几乎可以肯定这整个区域都在教堂外面,
which is our focus, remember?
这是我们的关注的重点,还记得吗?
Probably a friar buried in a little adjoining graveyard.
可能是个修士,把他葬在毗邻的小坟场里。
Given the budget constraints
考虑到预算有限
we’re not gonna waste time and money digging it out,
我们不会浪费时间和金钱挖出来,
but, er, not a bad start, eh?
不过,这是个不错的开始,对吧?
What’s the matter?
又怎么了?
I’m worried.
我很担心。
What about?
担心什么?
I won’t find you.
我会找不到你。
Or that I will.
或者我找到了。
There seems to be some excitement this morning.
今天早上好像有些激动人心的事。
Yes, we found the shadow of a stone wall,
是的,我们在这条探沟里发现了
which could be the cloister wall of greyfriars church