We were surprised to learn…
丹尼尔·麦克唐纳
that Daniel McDonald was
由他同父异母的兄弟和他妻子抚养
being raised by a half-brother and his wife.
他们都不关心他是否吃得饱饭
Neither seemed to care if he ate or starved.
他很聪明
He’s a very bright boy.
潜力无限
Infinite potential.
我可以在课后辅♥导♥他
Maybe I could tutor him after class?
随便
All right.
行吗
Yes?
你是狼吗
Are you a wolf?
不是 女士
No, ma’am.
你是熊吗
Are you a bear?
不是 女士
No, ma’am.
你是男孩吗
Are you a boy?
是的 女士
Yes, ma’am.
男孩要用刀和叉
Boys use knives and forks.
就差一点了
Oh. Almost.
好了
Yeah. Okay.
那是什么星星
What star is that?
北极星
The North Star, Polaris.
很好 看
Good. Look.
“因为她不想转身回家
“That was because she didn’t want to turn around to get home.
“当她走到汤米和安妮卡的门前 她停下了”
“When she reached Tommy’s and Annika’s gate, she stopped.”
没过多久 课后辅♥导♥变成了每天
Pretty soon, the tutoring was every day.
有时候他会留下来吃晚饭
And sometimes he stayed for dinner.
我们从没说他就是我们的孩子
We never said he was the child we could never have…
但就算如此
but even so…
你有什么想法
What do you think?
她在给她儿子做晚饭 是吗
She’s making her son dinner. Right?
是的
Yeah.
我不想送他回去 为什么不直接领养他
I hate taking him back there. Why can’t we adopt him?
因为他们才是法定监护人
Because they’re his legal guardians.
我们没办法
There’s nothing we can do.
你跟律师谈了吗
Did you speak to the lawyer?
谈了 他就是这么说的
I did, and that’s what he said.
他们一点都不关心他 一点都不
They don’t care about him. They don’t!
他们是他的最近亲属 也要面子
They’re his next of kin and they’re proud people.
他们不会让我们带走丹尼尔的
They’re not gonna let us take Daniel away.
肯定还有办法的
There must be something more we can do.
露丝
Ruth?
我们得走了
We better go.
要听话 小家伙 知道吗
You be good. Okay, pal?
知道了
Okay.
以后我可能去养鸡
Maybe I’ll raise chickens…
或者去工厂干活
or work at the factory.
如果那是你想做的事情的话
If that’s what you want.
你想成为什么人就能成为什么人
You can be anything you want,
丹尼尔·麦克唐纳
Daniel McDonald.
任何人都行 农民 律师 天文学家
Anything at all. A farmer, a lawyer, an astronomer.
你非常聪明
You’re a very clever boy.
-你真这么觉得 -当然
– You really think so? – Yeah!
我知道
I know so.
行了 来吧
All right, come on.
好了
Okay.
我在道别
I’m just saying goodbye.
你不能阻止我
You can’t stop me!
我在跟他道别
I’m just saying goodbye!
我知道 宝贝 回车里吧
I know you are, sweetheart. Let’s go back to the car.
我们没办法 没办法的
There’s nothing we can do. There’s nothing we can do.
求你们再考虑一下 求求你们
Please reconsider. Please reconsider!
我们没有办法
There’s nothing we can do.
他应该过更好的生活
He deserves better than this.
宝贝 上车吧
Sweetheart, get in the car.
-他们根本不关心他 -我知道
– They don’t care about him. – I know they don’t.
他们根本不关心他
They don’t care about him!
露丝
Ruth.
露丝
Ruth.
那我该怎么做
What was I supposed to do?
争夺监护权
Fight for custody.
跟北卡州同父异母的乡下兄弟吗
From a half-brother in small-town North Carolina?
我们根本抢不过来的
Come on. We wouldn’t have had a chance!
谁知道他们会跟丹尼尔说什么
And who knows what they would’ve done to Daniel.
我们曾是一家人
We were a family.
现在也是一家人啊
We are a family.
露丝 你就是我的家人
Ruth, you are my family.
我也想要孩子 你知道的
I wanted kids too, you know.
我们再也没见过丹尼尔
We never saw Daniel again.
我的天啊
Oh, my God.
该死
Oh, shit.
卢克·柯林斯正努力站起来
Luke Collins is trying to come around.
斗牛士正将牛往另一个方向引
The bull fighter’s taking the bull away in the other direction.
他应该没事 他正努力站起来
I think he’s gonna be okay. He’s trying to get up. He is!
然我说点鼓励他的话
Let me get him something to make him feel a little bit better.
九十二分
92 points!
三头牛共二百六十四分
26♥4♥ on three bulls!
卢克·柯林斯是当之无愧的冠军
Luke Collins is your clear-cut winner.
棒极了
He’s awesome.
世界排名第九位
…number nine spot in the world.
你还好吗 卢克
Are you okay, Luke?
还好
I’m fine.
好了
All right.
-在纽约玩得开心 -我会的
– Have an amazing time in New York. – Yes, I will.
你让艾德丽安印象深刻
You impressed Adrienne,
也会给她团队留下好印象的
you’ll impress her team.
我得走了
Okay. Gotta go.
-这是你梦寐以求的 -我知道
– This is what you’ve always wanted! – I know!
星期一见
Bye! See you on Monday.
宝贝儿 我马上上出租车
Hey, babe. I’m walking to the taxi right now.
索菲娅 我是路易斯
Sophia, it’s Luiz.
-你好路易斯 -卢克出事了
– Hi, Luiz. – Something’s happened to Luke.
你好 有什么事
Hi, can I help you?
我要见我男朋友 卢克·柯林斯
Um, I need to see my boyfriend, Luke Collins.
他之前被救护车送来 我要见他
He came in an ambulance earlier. I need to see him.
不好意思 只允许家人探视
I’m sorry. Only family can visit.
好吧 能告诉我他情况如何吗
Okay. Can I at least know how he is?
情况稳定了 但要做个核磁共振
His condition is stable, but he’s getting an MRI.
他摔得很严重
He took a pretty hard fall.
不如你先坐一会儿 我去找医生
If you wanna take a seat, I’ll check with the doctor.
等会儿告诉你
I’ll let you know.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你头晕吗
So, are you light-headed, dizzy?
恶心吗
Nausea?
你今晚最好住院观察
I’d like you to stay overnight for observation.
宝贝儿 你怎么来了
Sweetie. What are you doing here?
我得到消息就赶来了
I came as soon as I heard.
你不是要去纽约吗
Aren’t you supposed to be in New York?
不去了
No, no.
我应该来看你
I should be here.
谢天谢地你没事
Thank God you’re okay.
我很好
I’m fine.
你还活着就是万幸了
You’re lucky to be alive, is what you are.
什么
What?
就是头有点晕 没事的
I just got a little dizzy, that’s all.
卢克
Luke,
不要再对你的病轻描淡写了
you need to stop downplaying the severity of your condition.
如果你关心你男友 就告诉他
If you care about your friend, you need to make him understand…
以后不能再骑牛了
that his riding days are over.
他什么意思
What is he talking about?
我累了
I’m tired, okay?
我们明天再聊好吗
Can we just talk about it tomorrow?
弗兰西斯女士 万分抱歉

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!