Me?
是啊
Yeah, you.
行了 那些女孩盯着你看得都快入迷了
Come on, I saw the way those girls stared at you.
你觉得我是那样的男人
You think I’m that type of guy?
不是
No.
从来没有人为我做过这样的事
No one has ever done anything like this for me before.
那个 你喜欢北卡州吗
So, uh, do you like North Carolina?
当然了
Yeah, I do.
-很美 -是啊
– It’s beautiful. – Yeah.
我下个月底就要搬到纽约去了
I’m actually moving to New York at the end of next month.
我找到了工作
I got this job.
其实是个实习
Well, it’s an internship, actually.
但还是蛮重要的 在曼哈顿一家画廊
But it’s a pretty big deal. It’s at a gallery in Manhattan.
好吧
Okay.
所以我才这么久没有回你电♥话♥
That’s why it took me so long to call you back.
我觉得最好还是不要打给你
I just didn’t think that this would even be a good idea.
很高兴你打了
I’m glad you did.
-是吗 -是的
– Yeah? – Yeah.
只怪时机不对
This is just bad timing.
是啊
Yeah.
我该送你回去了
Oh, I probably should take you home.
要下雨了
Gonna rain.
-你看到了吗 -什么
– Did you see that? – What?
卢克
Luke!
怎么了
What is it?
快报♥警♥
Call 911!
醒醒
Hey! Wake up!
他还活着吗
Is he alive?
拿着
Here, hold this.
箱子
Box.
箱子
Box.
他说什么 “箱子”吗
What did he say? “Box”?
你救了那个人的命
I think you just saved that guy’s life.
是我们俩
We both did.
不 我只是拿着手电筒
Oh, come on, I held the flashlight.
你太勇敢了
You were amazing.
希望他没事
I just hope that he’s okay.
我送你回去吧
I’ll take you home.
我留下来吧
I think I’m going to stay.
真的吗
Really?
至少等他从急救室出来吧
Yeah, at least until he gets out of the emergency room.
那我和你一起等
Then I’ll wait with you.
不 不用了
No, it’s fine.
真不用
Really.
谢谢你今晚带我出来玩
And thank you for tonight.
今晚真…
Yeah, it was a…
今晚真棒
it was a great night.
不算太差
Kind of.
祝你在纽约一切顺利
Good luck with everything in New York.
“1940年4月10日
“April 10th, 1940.
“我最亲爱的露丝
“My dearest Ruth…
“今天跟以往没什么两样
“Today started out like any other day.
“但当你走进我父亲的店
“But when you walked in to my father’s store…
“你是那么漂亮 充满活力
“So beautiful, so vibrant…
“我知道我的生命将永远改变”
“I knew my life would forever be changed.”
你们就是拉比说的那户新搬来的吧
You are the new family the Rabbi has told us about.
维也纳来的
From Vienna?
是的
Uh, yes.
我叫汉娜
I am Hannah…
这是我女儿 露丝
and this is my daughter, Ruth.
很高兴见到你
Nice to meet you.
我是萨拉
I’m Sarah…
这是我儿子 艾拉
and this is my son, Ira.
艾拉
Ira?
艾拉
Ira?
-安息日好 -安息日好
– Good Shabbes. – Good Shabbes.
安息日好
Good Shabbes.
安息…
Good Sha…
你在这个小社区安了家
The following days were consumed…
接下来的几天
with plotting ways in which I could talk to you…
我想方设法与你说上话
now that you had found a home in my small community.
但我并不是唯一的追求者
But I wasn’t the only one seeking your attention.
来日方长
This would take some more time.
他醒了 你可以见他了
He’s awake, if you’d like to see him.
你得吃东西 莱文森先生
You have to eat something, Mr. Levinson.
只有吃东西你才能康复
It’s the only way you’re going to get better.
我老了
I’m old.
我有心脏病
I’ve had a heart attack…
换过髋关节
a hip replacement…
两边膝盖都动过手术
Surgery in both knees.
我还能怎么康复啊
How much better am I going to get?
你是谁
Who are you?
我来把这个交给你
I, uh… I came to drop this off.
怎么在你那里
How’d you get that?
从你车里拿的
From your car.
你叫我帮你拿好
You asked me to get it for you.
是你…
Oh, you…
是你把我拽出来的吗
You pulled me out?
不 是我朋友卢克
No, my friend Luke pulled you out…
但你叫我回去拿上箱子
but you asked me to go back and get this box.
你不记得了吗
You don’t remember?
那谢谢你
Well, thank you.
非常感谢
Very much.
看来他喜欢你 这还是头一遭呢
He seems to like you, which is a first for him.
劝他吃点东西吧 好吗
See if you can get him to eat something, would you?
没有人的手像她的那么冷
She has the coldest hands I’ve ever felt.
她肯定在来之前
I think she soaks them in ice water…
把手在冰水里泡过
before she comes by.
你真得吃点东西
You really should eat something.
我快死了
I’m done.
露丝希望看到你这样吗
Is that what Ruth would want?
你怎么知道露丝
How do you know about Ruth?
你读了我的信吗
Did you read my letters?
那又有什么关系
What do you care?
反正你也快死了
You’re done.
写得真好
They’re beautiful.
她很漂亮
She was a beautiful woman.
完美的女人
In every way.
我看得出来你为何如此珍爱她
I can see why they were so precious to you.
这么多年 我都没法读信
I haven’t been able to read them for years.
带着眼镜也看不见
Even with my glasses.
你想让我来给你读吗
Do you want me to read them to you?
但你得先吃饭
But you have to eat first.
“1940年5月25日
“May 25th, 1940.
“我这辈子第一次…
“For the first time in my life…
“希望会堂仪式能办得久一点”
“I was hoping the service at the synagogue would be longer.”
失陪
Excuse me.
你到底要不要跟我说话啊
Are you ever going to talk to me?
你说什么
Excuse me?
我总是看到你鬼鬼祟祟的
I always see you there, lurking around.
才没有
I don’t lurk.
你就有
You do lurk.
但你从来不跟我讲话 我很吓人吗
But then you never talk to me. Am I so frightening?
不 我…
No, I…
你对那支玫瑰花做的事不可原谅
What you did to that poor rose was unforgiveable.
你看到了吗
You saw that?
别尴尬 其实挺可爱的
Don’t be embarrassed. It was a lovely gesture.
露丝
Ruthie?
你想陪我走回家吗
Want to walk me home?
那大卫·斯坦怎么办
What about David Stein?
让他陪我妈回家吧