战棋推演
War games…
理论性的入侵
…theoretical invasions.
赶去雷恩只是为了在沙盘上插些小旗罢了
Rush to Rennes just to push little flags around a table.
战争中的游戏
Playing at war!
您是赢是输 长官
Do you win or lose, sir?
我输过吗
Have I ever lost?
但是将军 这次您扮演的是艾森豪威尔
But general, this time you play the role of Eisenhower.
我赢是因为我不会依常规行事
I win because I go against the rules.
预料中敌人将从海峡最窄之处渡海
We expect them to cross at the narrowest part of the Channel…
而且是在好天气 但过于显而易见
…and in good weather. But that’s too simple, too obvious.
我选的是最宽之处 在最恶劣的天气 进攻此地
I choose the widest part, in the worst weather, and attack here.
诺曼底
In Normandy.
在恶劣天气之中
And in bad weather!
例如现在
Like now…
这种坏天气
…bad weather!
要作出判断很困难
Trying to pick a trend is difficult.
从气象角度来说 目前的情形简直象是寒冬
From a meteorological standpoint, conditions almost resemble mid- winter.
至于诺曼底
And Normandy?
强风 云层 以及雾气笼罩着整个海滩
High winds, clouds, and some fog over the beaches.
不管怎样 我能完全肯定的是
However, I can say with a certain degree of safety…
将有一段短时间的好天气
…that we can expect a brief period of fair conditions.
那么换而言之
Let me summarize, then.
你能保证的就是将有一段极为短暂的好天气
What you’re promising us is a barely tolerable period of fair conditions.
是不是这样
Am I right?
是的
Yes.
这样的条件远远低于最低要求
Conditions that are far below the minimum requirements.
我只能保证这些
That’s all I can promise.
你尽力了 斯塔格 谢谢
You’ve done your best, Stagg. Thank you, gentlemen.
那么 情况就是
Well, there it is.
我们已将进攻推迟过一次
We’ve postponed the attack once already.
现在 要么趁六号♥的最低条件发动进攻
Now, either we go on the sixth, with only marginal conditions…
要么再次延后
…or postpone again…
等待理想的气候条件
…in the hope of getting perfect conditions.
你觉得怎样 蒙蒂
What do you think, Monty?
我选择进攻 进攻
I say, go. Go.
我必须提醒各位
I must remind everybody…
负责进攻”奥马哈海滩”和”犹他海滩”的美军船队
…that the American convoy for the Omaha and Utah beaches…
行程最远
…they’ve farthest to go…
必须在半小时以内向他们下令
…must be given the order within the next half- hour…
如果突袭安排在六号♥的话
…if the assault is to take place on the sixth.
我们不能让将近二十五万人一直呆在船上
We can’t keep almost a quarter of a million men on ships…
无限期地待命
…in embarkation areas, indefinitely.
我们等得越久 安全隐患就越多
The longer we wait, the more acute our security problem.
下一次
The next time…
潮汐和月亮的正常出现
…the tides and the moon will be right….
七月以前不会有
Not before July.
各位
Gentlemen…
延后如此之久
…such a postponement…
是非常痛苦的选择
…is too bitter to contemplate.
绝妙的计划 将军 不合常规 但堪称绝妙
A brilliant plan, general. Unorthodox, but brilliant.
好在这只是游戏
Fortunately, it’s only a game.
我觉得不用太担心
I don’t think we have much to worry about.
艾森豪威尔从来不敢冒险
Eisenhower would never take the gamble.
从来不
Never.
我十分肯定应该下令行动
I’m quite positive we must give the order.
尽管不愿意
I don’t like it…
但只能这样
…but there it is.
各位
Gentlemen…
除了行动我看不出有其他选择
…I don’t see how we can possibly do anything else but go.
我是威尔逊
Wilson speaking.
是 长官
Yes, sir.
定了 是艾克下的决定 今晚 按计划行动
It’s on, sir. Ike’s made the decision. Tonight, as scheduled!
我是汤姆森上校
Colonel Tomson speaking.
谢谢
Thank you.
下一站
Next stop…
诺曼底
…Normandy.
上帝保佑
God help us now.
英国第一特种突击旅 拉瓦特勋爵
我是拉瓦特
Lovat here.
各位
Gentlemen…
我们等待的日子终于来了
…the day we’ve been waiting for has arrived.
进攻 我们出发
Invasion! We’re on our way.
将军
General.
美军第四步兵师师长 雷蒙德·巴顿少将
收到命令了 行动
The orders have been given. It’s on.
召集指挥官到军官室开会
Have the battalion commanders join me in the wardroom.
行了 中士
All right, sergeant.
你们是我们空降师的眼睛
You men are the eyes of our airborne Army.
作为伞兵引导员 你们只有一个任务
You, the pathfinders, will have one job, and one job only:
为伞兵部队指明降落地点
To light the drop zones for our paratroops.
加上英国人和加拿大人 你们将是
Along with the British and Canadians you’ll be the first men…
第一批登陆法国的人 记住
…to land in France. And remember this:
到达诺曼底之后
When you get to Normandy…
你们将只有一个朋友
…you’ll only have one friend:
上帝
God.
还有这个
And this.
这个
This…
是鲁珀特
…is Rupert.
现在 我们要将鲁珀特
Now, we are going to drop Rupert…
和很多类似他的同伴
…and a lot more like him…
空投至敌军后方
…behind the invasion area.
他
He’s…
是个非常特别的同伴 鲁珀特
…a very extraordinary fellow, Rupert.
他可以说是
He’s a sort of…
一支单兵部队
…one- man army, all by himself.
让我做给你们看
Let me show you.
让你们看看鲁珀特着陆后会发生什么事
Let me show you what happens when Rupert… …hits the ground.
中士 请把灯关掉
Sergeant, switch off the lights, please.
好了 中士 行了
All right, sergeant, that’s all.
好的 够了 镇静
All right, come on. Simmer down.
行了 起来吧
Come on, up.
鲁珀特和他的弟兄可以对德国人做同样的事
It’s possible that Rupert and his men will do the same thing to the Germans.
迷惑他们 让他们担心后方
Confuse them, make them look over their shoulders…
向错误的方向发起攻击
…and launch an attack in the wrong direction.
立正
Ten- hut!
-“蟋蟀”已经分发下去 -我听到了u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000
– The crickets have been distributed. – So I heard.
稍息
At ease!
大家已经作好了准备
You’re as ready as we can make you.
这个五分钱的玩具
This five- cent toy…
不是为了让你们发笑
…wasn’t issued to you for laughs.
它也许能保住你的命
It may save your life.
你们将在黑暗中着陆
You’re gonna be landing in the dark.
在篱笆背面的人未必和你穿着相同的制♥服♥ 所以
On the other side of that hedgerow the fellow may not be wearing the same uniform you are. So…
一声”咔嗒”
…one click…
要以两声”咔嗒”作为回应
…is to be answered by two clicks.
如果你没收到回应
And if you don’t get that answering click…
趴下 然后开火
…hit the dirt and open fire.
重复一次
I repeat:
一声”咔嗒”
One click…
必须以两声”咔嗒”作为回应
…must be answered by two clicks.
现在 保管好这玩意 它和你的武器一样重要
Now, hang on to this gimmick.It’s as important as your weapon.
-听懂没有 -清楚明了头
– Do you read me? – Loud and clear, sir.
很好 另外要说的是
All right. One more thing.
你们今晚的任务很关键
Your assignment tonight is strategic.
不能给敌人以喘息之机
You can’t give the enemy a break.
送他们去地狱
Send them to hell.
就这些
That is all.
伦敦广播 这是第八次新闻报道
– This is London calling. This is our eighth news bulletin.
高利维尼苏村长 阿方斯·利阿克斯
这是一些与个人有关的口信
Here are some personal messages.
伦敦广播 这是第八次新闻报道
“摩拉瑟斯明天将带白兰地前来”
“Molasses tomorrow will bring forth cognac.”