-四次 -四次吗
– This makes me four. – This makes your fourth time?
你出庭作证了四次
Four times you’ve testified?
为控方 为了揭发你的狱友
For the prosecution? Against a fellow inmate?
科利斯先生 这让你很风光啊
Makes you a popular man, Mr. Corliss.
听起来你们走到你面前…
Sounds like people just come up to you…
告诉你他们所犯的罪行…
and they tell you the crimes they’ve committed…
然后你就到这里出庭揭发他们
so you can come in here and testify against them.
大家总是找我聊天 我很友好
People talk to me. I’m a friendly guy.
你是个友善的人吗
You’re a friendly guy?
你说你和我的委托人是朋友
And you’re saying you and my client were friends?
路易·鲁莱特
Louis Roulet?
所以他只是和你说了
So he just said to you…
你刚刚告诉我们的话并对陪审团说
what you just told us and told the jury that…
他给了一个女人应得的报应
that he gave a woman what she deserved?
然后你们俩还接着聊了些香烟的事
And then the two of you are back to talking about cigarettes?
不全是
Not exactly.
都是他在吹牛罢了
It’s like he was braggin’.
告诉我说他以前就这么干过
Told me he did it before.
他说还有一次 他把一个婊♥子♥杀了
He said the other time, he killed the bitch.
当时逃掉了
Got away with it then.
现在也能逃掉
Can get away with it now.
哈勒先生
Mr. Haller?
我没什么问题了 法官大人
I have no more questions, your honour.
我再提问一下 法官大人
Redirect, your honour.
-这到底是怎么回事? -你说呢
– What the hell is this? – You tell me.
你到底对这家伙说了什么?
What the hell did you say to this guy, huh?
没什么 这是个圈套
Nothing. This is a set-up.
-你自己心里清楚 -怎么
– And you’re doing this. – How?
我是怎么做到的
How am I doing this?
你说他是在吹牛
You said he was bragging.
-为什么 -呃
– How? – Well…
就像他对我说的对付之前那个人的
Like he told me the details.
细节之处
Of the other one.
他杀了的那个
That he killed.
她是一个舞♥女♥
She was a… dancer…
在夜♥总♥会♥里的
at some club.
她身上还刺满了
And she had…
性感的蛇状纹身
sexy snake tattoo wrapped around her body.
他还说了什么吗
Did he say anything else?
没有
Hm… no.
没有了
No.
就是那个蛇状纹身的女孩的事
Snake girl stuff was it.
他是怎么知道这个的 路易
How does he know this, Louis?
你认为我会知道吗
You think I know?
当然不是 如果你没告诉他这些破事
No! If you didn’t tell him that shit,
那肯定是其他人告诉他的
somebody did.
最好想想谁会这么干吧
Better start thinking about who that could be.
现在我没有什么问题了 法官大人
Then I have no further questions, your honour.
辩护方还有什么要问的吗
Any re-crossed from the defense?
让我和同事说句话好吗 法官大人
A moment with my staff, your honour.
快点
Be quick.
东西都在吧
– Hey! – Is it all here?
-是的 -很好
– Yeah. – Okay, good.
听着 你现在就要离开这栋楼
Listen, if you go on now, leave the building.
我不想让任何人问你问题 明白吗
I don’t want anyone asking you questions, you got it?
-知道了 -很好
– Okay. – Alright.
德文
Dwayne.
介意我这么称呼你吗
Mind if I call you that?
没关系 老兄
Sure, man.
你的助手真赞
Wow on the assistant.
你是个有趣的家伙 DJ
You’re a funny guy, DJ.
DJ 他们都是这么叫你吗
DJ. Isn’t that what they call you uh…
比如说 在凤♥凰♥城
for example, down in Phoenix?
也许吧
Maybe.
我的助手 就是你想要她号♥码的那个
And my assistant, one whose numbers you want…
她从网上看到了
she was reading on a uh…
一个名叫DJ科利斯的人
on the internet about a DJ Corliss.
1989年因为毒品案在亚利桑那州被捕
Arrested in 1989 on drug charges, hometown Imesa, Arizona?
是的 那应该就是我
Oh yeah, that’d be me.
你还记得弗莱德·本特利吧
Do you remember Fred Bentley, right?
法官大人
Uh… your honour…
辩方到底想要做什么
where’s the defense going with this?
请迅速切入重点 哈勒先生
Make a connection soon, Mr. Haller.
但是证人必须回答
But the witness will answer.
我不认识任何叫本特利的
I don’t remember any Bentley.
你肯定认识
Sure you do.
你曾经出庭指控过他的罪名
You testified that he confessed to you…
因为他向你坦白过
the crime that he was charged with.
他曾经强♥暴♥过一个10岁的小女孩
Raping a 10 year old girl.
但是他在法庭否认了
But he denied it in court.
这些让你想起什么了没
Are they ringing any bells?
DJ
DJ?
1989年过去太久 我记不清了
1989, I was high a lot. I don’t much recall…
我想让你给大家读下这个
I would like you to read this for us.
法官大人 这是1997年亚利桑那
Your honour, this is a news report
当地报纸上的一则新闻
from the Arizona Star 1997.
写于本特利被判刑8年之后
8 years after Mr. Bentley was convicted.
我请求你把它列为证据
I ask that you admit it into evidence.
法官大人
Your honour.
一个新闻报导
A news report?
先看看它能给我们什么信息
Let’s see where it takes us.
-之后再做决定 -谢谢你 法官大人
– Let’s take object later. – Thank you, your honour.
如果你能为大家读一下
If you could read this for us.
科利斯先生
Mr. Corliss…
我已经把要读的部分标出来了
I’ve highlighted the part I’d like you to read.
-我阅读水平不高 -没关系
– I’m not good at reading. – That’s okay.
你可以慢慢来 我们仔细听
You can take your time, we’ll make it through it.
一个名叫弗莱德·本特利的人
A man, Frederick Bentley…
曾被误判犯下强♥奸♥罪 但DNA结果
wrongly convicted of rape was released saturday after…
证明他无罪 其本人于周六无罪释放
conclusive DNA results cleared him of the crime.
这个案子的宣判是基于一个
The case was bolstered at trial by
名叫DJ科利斯的举报人
a testimony from an informant…
在3月7号♥所做的证词
DJ Corliss in May 7th, who would claimed
他声称本特利在拘留室的时候
Bentley bragged to him about the rape…
-曾向他吹嘘作案过程 -够了
– while together in a holding cell… – That’s enough.
谢谢
Thank you.
科利斯先生
Mr. Corliss.
你有没有在这个事件里
Were you charged with perjury…
被指控伪证罪 DJ
in this incident, DJ?
不 我没有
No, I was not.
是因为控方和你是串通一气的吗
Is that because the prosecution was complicit to your confession?
法官
Judge!
你现在也肯定接受了什么好处吧
Were you promised the same thing here, Mr. Corliss?
说路易·鲁莱特在拘留所向你吹牛
To say that Louis Roulet bragged to you in the holding cell,
你之前在作伪证 现在估计也在撒谎吧
isn’t that what happen, you lied then… You lie now…
够了 哈勒先生
Alright, Mr. Haller,
够了 哈勒先生
alright, Mr. Haller,
-够了 -反对 法官大人
– that’ll do! That’ll do! – Objection, your honour.
抱歉 法官大人
I’m sorry, your honour.
我没什么问题了
I have no more questions.
先请陪审团去用午餐
I’m excusing the jury for an early lunch.
法警 送他们出去
Bailiff, see them out.
明顿先生
Mr. Minton.
你知道你做了什么吗
Do you know what you have done?
你把一个已被证实的骗子放到这里指证
You put a documented liar on the stand.
他曾经有过把无辜的人送进监狱的记录
A man with a record of putting innocent people in prison!
-法官大人 -当我对你说话时
– Your honour… – Shut the hell up,
闭上你的嘴
when I’m talking to you.
我想不出任何
I can think of nothing…
比我刚才所见到的
more prejudicial or corrupted…