And your price?
是的 四百美元
Yes, $400.
真是个艰苦的行当
It’s a hard line of work.
是的 并且危险
Yes, and dangerous.
事实上 你是否曾多次告诉你的朋友们…
In fact, haven’t you told your friends many times…
你正在想办法赎身
that you were looking for a way out?
我并不为我的职业自豪
I’m not proud of what I do.
我了解
I know.
那是不是…
And isn’t it true…
最简单不过的方法就是…
and nothing will be easier to understand…
你利用路易·鲁莱特和他的钱来赎身
that you saw Louis Roulet and his money as that way out?
不 事情不是这样的
No! That’s not what this is about!
你是不是没在听我说
Are you not listening to me?
法官大人 我没有问题了
No further questions, your honour.
明顿先生
Mr. Minton.
你还有别的证人出庭吗
Do you have another witness for us?
明顿看起来很烦恼
Minton looks worried.
还不够烦恼呢
Not worried enough.
没有
No.
法官大人 州公诉方陈述结束
The state rests, your honour.
那么午后辩护方传召其第一名证人
Then the defense will call its first witness after lunch.
是的 我认得这把匕♥首♥
Yes, I recognise this knife.
是我儿子随身携带用来自卫的
It’s the one that my son has carried with him for protection.
差不多已经四年了
For the last 4 years, almost exactly.
他为什么需要自卫
Why would he need protection?
独自在屋里的房♥主有时会被抢劫…
Realtors alone in the house are sometimes robbed or…
或者伤害…
hurt…
强♥奸♥或者谋杀
even raped or murdered.
路易曾遇到这种犯罪吗
Has Louis ever been the subject to such crime?
没有
Oh no.
但是他知道有个人遭遇过
But he knew someone who was…
被一个男人强♥奸♥并抢劫
raped and robbed by a man.
路易发现了她
Louis found her.
那非常恐怖
It was terrible.
之后他做的第一件事就是
So, the first thing he did afterwards,
随身携带一把匕♥首♥
was getting himself a knife.
从不离身
To carry it with him at all times.
谢谢你 温莎女士
Thank you, Ms. Windsor.
法官大人 我没有问题了
I have no further questions, your honour.
明顿先生 轮到你提问
Your witness, Mr. Minton.
温莎女士
Ms. Windsor.
你似乎清楚你儿子
You seemed pretty exact about when it was your son
什么时候开始携带这个…
started carrying around this…
这个武器
this weapon.
-一把五英寸可折叠匕♥首♥ -是的
– A five inch folding knife. – Yes, I am.
事情发生在二零零七年六月九号♥
The incident took place on June 9th, 2007.
有上报纸吗
Was it in the newspapers?
没有
No.
你记得这个是因为…
Do you somehow remember it because…
警♥察♥找路易谈过吗
the police came to talk to Louis?
不 没有警♥察♥调查
No, there was no police investigation.
那么 你怎么记得确切的日期
Then, how do you remember the exact date?
难道是你今天作证前被告知的吗
Were you given it before your testimony here today?
我记得是因为…
I remember the date because…
我永远不会忘记自己被袭击的日期
I’ll never forget the date I was attacked.
路易也不会忘记
And Louis won’t forget it either.
他发现我被绑在屋里
He found me in the house tied up.
我的衣服被撕碎了
My clothes were ripped.
那事给他造成了极大的心灵创伤
It was traumatic for him.
明顿先生
Mr. Minton?
还有要提问的吗
Is there anything else you wish to ask?
没了 法官大人
No, your honour.
我一直在想那个凌迟
I’ve been thinking about those thousand razors?
我们接到一个提议
We’ve had an offer.
你到县监狱里待六个月
You spend 6 months in the county jail.
我一开始就说了
Like I told you from the beginning.
不需要协约 不谈判 我是无辜的
No deals, no bargaining, I’m innocent.
省省吧 你自己做决定 我不管
Save it. You make the call. I don’t give a shit.
-你知道我的回答 -是的
– You got my answer. – Yes, I do.
我会交代过去的
I’ll pass it along.
你来做
You do that.
路易
Oh, Louis.
明天…
Tomorrow…
我安排你出庭
I’m putting you on the stand.
我准备好了
I’m ready.
最好是
Oh, you’d better be.
厄尔
Hey, Earl.
有样东西 我需要你帮我弄到
There’s something, I need you to get for me.
法官大人 辩护方传召路易斯·罗斯·鲁莱特
Your honour, the defense calls Louis Ross Roulet.
我敲门…她从侧窗看到…是我
I knocked uh… she looked through her side window… and saw that it was me.
然后打开了门
And opened the door.
我经过她走向起居室
Then, I walked pass her towards the living room.
后来发生了什么
What happened next?
有东西从背后袭击了我
Something hit me from behind.
我昏过去了
I blacked out.
我不知道多久
I have no idea for how long.
-就这些吗 -当我醒来…
– Is that all? – When I woke up, uh…
两个人压制住我
Two guys were sitting on me.
告诉我不要乱动
Telling me not to move.
我根本不可能动 我…
I couldn’t anyway. I was…
我吓坏了
I was scared.
但是你的衣服上有血迹
But you had blood on your sweater.
左手也有
And on your left hand.
别人弄上去的 因为我没做
Someone put it there because I didn’t.
你没有用左拳打凯博小姐吗
You didn’t strike Ms.Campo with your left fist?
没有
No.
-没有威胁要强♥奸♥她吗 -没有…
– Threatened to rape her? – No…
-威胁要杀掉她 -不 不是我
– Threatened to kill her? – No! I am not that guy!
我… 你们知道这种感觉吗…
I…Do you have any idea what it’s like…
被指控做这种事
to be accused of something like this?
坐在这里…听着别人撒谎
To sit there… and listen to people tell lies?
关于你
About you?
关于你做了如此肮脏卑鄙的事
About you having done something this sick and depraved?
叫你禽兽
Call you an animal?
谈论你的性生活 羞辱你
Talk about your sex life, humiliate you?
我了解程序 我知道我必须坐在那里…
Listen, I understand the process. I know I had to sit there…
最好保持安静
and better be quiet.
等待时机
And wait my chance.
但是如果有罪的人都拥有权利
But if guilty people have rights,
那么无辜的人呢
then what about innocent people?
我是无辜的
I am innocent.
我是无辜的 我想让这远离我
I’m innocent and I want this behind me.
法官大人 我没有问题了
I have no further questions, your honour.
根据你说的…
According to you…
凯博小姐…打伤…
Ms. Campo… punched…
自己
herself?
或者她让…某个她从没见过的人
Or she had… someone she had never met.
为了诬陷而猛烈狠毒地揍她
Violently and visciously beat her as a part of a set up?
我只知道我没有做
All I know is that I didn’t.
那把你从不离身的匕♥首♥…
And this knife that you always carry…
她怎么会知道可以找到它来诬陷你
How did she know she’d find it on you as part of the set up?
料想她应该不可能 是吧
Guess she couldn’t. Could she?
我从没把它拿出来
I never take it out.
从没给别人看过…
I never show it to anyone…
她一定是在她或别人把我敲晕后…
So, she must have just found it in my pocket after…
从我口袋里找到的
she or whoever knocked me out.
不是这样吗
Isn’t that right?
我更愿意由我来提问
I would prefer if I ask the questions.
好的
Okay.
鲁莱特先生 我希望你…
Mr. Roulet, I’d like you to take uh…
看一下这张照片