两个星期后 我才被保释出来
It took me almost two weeks to get bailed out.
那个退学生波林 她为什么这么做
And the grad student Berlin? Why do you think she did it?
污蔑权威 展示她有多么聪明
Poke her finger at authority, show the powers that be how much smarter she was.
退学生的复仇 我也不是很清楚
Grad student’s revenge. I don’t really know.
-哪里可以找到她 -不知道
-Do you know where I can find her? -No.
进来这里的第一年 我收到一张来自旧金山的明信片
First year I was in here, I got a postcard from San Francisco.
署名”愿意做任何事的学生”
It was signed, “From the student who would do anything.”
她还有说什么了吗
Did she say anything else?
“我的愧疚远超出你的想像”
“I’m sorrier than you can know.”
-快点 戈尔 -我没有时间了
-Move it, Gale. -I’m running out of time.
你能想像吗 他太太竟然让他在看守所蹲了两星期
Can you imagine his wife letting him stew in jail for two weeks?
这又不怪她 我们到学校查那个叫波林的地址
Who can blame her? We’ll get an address for the Berlin girl from the university.
你还是不相信他说的是真话
You still don’t think he’s telling the truth.
-关于波林的强♥奸♥案 -所有的一切
-On the Berlin rap? -On the whole rap.
谁知道呢 而且 本来就没有真♥相♥ 只有观点
Who knows? Anyway, there is no truth, only perspectives.
这么说不对 如果你说没有真♥相♥ 那就是说没有真♥相♥就是真♥相♥
You can’t say that. If you say there’s no truth, you’re claiming it’s true there’s no truth.
-这在逻辑上自相矛盾 -我们不是来讨论哲学的 扎克
-It’s a logical contradiction. -Working on our Philosophy Merit Badge, are we, Zack?
一旦被指控强♥奸♥ 几乎等于已经被判刑
When it comes to rape, an accusation’s as good as a conviction.
-好像沾到一坨屎 -这个隐喻还真开胃
-It sticks like shit. -That’s an appetizing metaphor.
准确的讲 这是明喻 我认为他说的是事实
Technically, a simile. I think he’s telling the truth.
你在监狱大厅坐了一会就知道他说的是真♥相♥
This you know from sitting in a prison lobby?
-这只是我的观点 -三个不同法庭都认为他有罪 扎克
-It’s just my perspective. -Three different courts found him guilty, Zack.
对我来说这是非常有力的观点
That’s enough perspective for me.
第二天
好 好 好
Okay, okay, okay.
几号♥ 3 3 0 几
33-0-what?
Seven.
3 3 0 3
Thirty-three… oh-three.
3305 3307 到了
3305. 3307. Right there.
老天 看那块牌子
Geez. Look at the sign.
大卫·戈尔的作案现场
欢迎参观
-嗨 -我是贝西·布鲁姆 这位是扎克·斯特蒙斯
-Hi. -I’m Bitsey Bloom. This is Zack Stemmons.
-来参观的吗 -对
-You want the tour? -Yeah
法律规定每人捐款20元
There’s a $20 mandatory donation… apiece.
但可以得到5张照片 由我扮演死者 重现当时的情景
But you get a reenactment photo pack, and it’s got five pictures.
-好的 -先收钱
-Okay. -I gotta collect first.
没问题
Oh, sure. I got it.
请签名 可以不签真名
Go sign the book. It doesn’t have to be your real name though.
第一页写着欢迎来做暴♥力♥犯罪研究
The first page just says you’re here to do research on violent crime.
州政♥府♥需要钱搞福利之类的废话
The state requires it for nonprofit shit.
拿一套照片吧
Take a reenactment photo pack.
你们俩能不能只拿一套
Uh, if you guys could share one, it’d be really cool…
冲洗照片的那个王八蛋骗了我
’cause the fuckers that do my prints jerk my chain.
这个是我 我男朋友拍的
That’s me. My boyfriend took it.
我们还卖♥♥录影带 一卷50元 我露两点
We also got a video. It’s 50 bucks, ’cause you can see my tits.
不露点的版本只要35元
There’s a version without tits. It’s 35.
-很多人来参观吗 -最近不多了
-Do many people take the tour? -Not so much anymore.
本以为这周会很忙 毕竟戈尔这周就要嗝屁了
We thought this’d be, like, a busy week with Gale getting the prune juice and all.
住这里你不怕吗
So you… you don’t mind living here?
总比跟我那屌♥了吧唧的父母住好
It’s better than livin’ with my dick-wad parents.
从这里开始 她有时让他在这里过夜
It starts over here. She let him crash here sometimes.
他总是酩酊大醉
He was, like, constantly wasted.
1号♥展示处 他平时只喝苏格兰威士忌
Exhibit one. He drank Scotch religiously.
剩下的在厨房♥
The rest is in the kitchen.
2号♥展示处 这里是放三脚架的地方
Here’s number two. This is where the tripod was.
我男朋友把三角架借走了
My boyfriend borrowed the one we usually show to folks.
警方没有找到相机 照片或者录影带之类的东西
They never found a camera or photos or video or anything.
一定是戈尔把它们埋起来了
Gale must have buried them.
这些连环杀手喜欢拍些照片 留着以后自♥慰♥用
These serial killer dudes take photos to whack off to later.
他不是连环杀手
He is not exactly a serial killer.
随便啦
Whatever.
她赤♥裸♥裸的躺在这里
She was, like, totally naked right here.
查电表的从门口看见了她
The meter man saw her through the door.
戈尔用手铐铐住了她的手 用胶带封住了她的嘴
Gale handcuffed her, taped her mouth…
然后在她头上罩上塑胶袋 让她窒息而死
and then taped a bag over her head so she couldn’t breathe.
他戴着家庭主妇用的橡胶手套 所以没留下指纹
He used those housewife gloves so he wouldn’t leave prints.
警♥察♥在胶带上发现了黏糊糊的东西
They found sticky stuff from the tape on them.
-请不要碰展示品 -好
-Uh! We ask folks not to touch the exhibit. -Right.
最变♥态♥的是在哪里找到手铐的钥匙
Totally sick part is where they found the key to the handcuffs.
-我们知道 -等等 什么 在哪里找到的
-Yeah. We know. -Wait. What? Where was it?
在她的胃里 帅哥 戈尔逼她把钥匙吞到了肚子里
It was in her stomach, dude. Gale made her swallow it before he bagged her.
事情经过大概就是这样
That’s pretty much the highlights.
有问题吗
Got questions?
我还是闻得到香烟味
I can still smell the cigarette smoke.
那是烤肉的味道
It’s the barbecue.
你能想像吗 钥匙在她胃里
Can you imagine? The key was in her stomach.
真♥他♥妈♥的残酷
That’s so fucking cold, man.
-扎克 -什么事
-Zack? -What?
你看那人 像不像我们在休息区遇到的那个牛仔
Isn’t that the cowboy from the rest area?
-同一辆小货车 -诡异的巧合 是吧
-The same truck. -Weird coincidence, huh?
巧合都很诡异 要不然就不叫巧合了
Well, coincidences are always weird. That’s why they are coincidences.
不要记录
Off the record.
好 不记录
Okay. We’re off.
康斯坦斯被谋杀的方式被称为秘密警♥察♥手法
Constance was murdered, by what’s known as the Securitat Method.
你的手被铐住 被迫吞下钥匙
You’re handcuffed, forced to swallow the key.
嘴巴被胶带封住 头被密封的塑胶袋罩住
Your mouth is taped, and the bag’s sealed around your head…
然后任由你窒息而死
and you’re left there to suffocate.
秘密警♥察♥用这招对付不肯泄密或者招供的罗马尼亚人
The Securitat did it to Romanians when they wouldn’t inform or confess.
有时塑胶袋会在最后一刻被撕破 给你第二次机会
Sometimes the bag was ripped off your head at the last moment to give you a second chance.
不然 在你死亡的整个过程中 你都知道 你的自♥由♥钥匙就在你自己的肚子里
Otherwise, you died, knowing that the key to your freedom… was inside of you the entire time.
这种方法很低级 但是非常有效
It’s a cheap but effective method.
问题是
The problem is…
我曾经在一篇文章中提到过此事
I once mentioned it in an article that I wrote.
检方不知道这件事
Prosecution never knew that.
-有人设计陷害你 -不仅仅如此
-Someone’s framing you? -Oh, it’s more than that.
-现场有个三脚架 -对
-There was a tripod. -Right.
面对着尸体 可以记录了吗
Facing her body. We back on the record?
可以 三脚架上没有指纹
Yes. The tripod had no fingerprints on it.
那意味着有人把它带过去
That means that somebody brought it there…
架起来 擦掉指纹 走的时候故意留在那里
set it up, wiped it clean and left it.
为什么 他们似乎想让我知道 就在某个地方
Why? It’s as if they wanted me to know that somewhere out there…
有一份当天下午 事情真♥相♥的记录
is a record of exactly what happened that afternoon…
他们想让我在死的时候知道 我的自♥由♥钥匙就在外面的某个地方
as if they wanted me to die knowing that the key to my freedom, is out there somewhere.
或许这只是你的妄想
Maybe you’re being paranoid.
布鲁姆小姐 我以前是州里主张废除死刑的领导者
Miss Bloom, I used to be the state’s leading death penalty abolitionist…
现在 我却被关在死囚牢房♥里
and now I’m on death row.
你不觉得事有蹊跷吗
Doesn’t that strike you as a little odd?
知道”他们”是谁吗
Any idea who “they” are?
不知道 但我已经找到人帮我查了
No, but I’ve got someone working on that…
一个我相信可以证明我清白的人
someone I’m relying on to prove my innocence.
贝刘雇用了私♥家♥侦♥探♥
Belyeu’s hired a detective?
一名记者
A journalist.
她必须帮我
She has to help me.
-你知道 我是无辜的 -不
-You know I’m innocent. -No.
我不知道
No, I don’t.
把我围在你脖子上 爸爸
Wear me like a fur, Daddy. Wear me like a fur.
-好 谁是你的偶像 对了 你忘拿小狗狗了 -嗨 狗狗
-Okay. Who’s your hero? Who’s your… Ow! Ow! Alright. You go get Cloud Dog. -Hey! Cloud Dog!
到了给我打个电♥话♥
Call me when you land.
-有任何夫妇撑得过分居期吗 -不要说
-Has any couple ever survived a trial separation? -Don’t.
用这种方法解决问题不是自相矛盾吗
Isn’t separating contrary to the whole idea of trying to work things out?
-别再说了 -嘘
-Don’t. -Boo!
上车 宝贝
Jamie, get in, sweetie.
-待会见 小鳄鱼 -过段时间 大鳄鱼
-See ya later, alligator. -After awhile, crocodile.
-好好保重 日本阿公 -没问题 韩国顽皮
-Take it easy, “Japa-ne-se”. -Okey-dokey, “artichokey”.
坐过去
Scoot.
-听我说 -我发了封电子邮件给你
-Listen… -I sent you an E-mail.
-电子邮件 -看了就知道
-An E-mail. -Just read it.
快点 宝贝
Come on, sweetie.
1994年10月8日 星期二
发件人 莎伦·戈尔
大卫
看了就知道
Just read it.
我要离婚