什么?
What?
希望渺茫?
A long shot?
这个比赛吗?
This race?
不能错过?
Can’t miss?
谢谢你,宝贝。
Thanks, baby.
从零用现金中拿出两根胡萝卜。
Take two carrots out of petty cash.
我和你核对一下。
I’ll check with you.
来吧,孩子。
Come on, kid.
我们走吧。
Let’s go.
为什么?
Why?
我在做什么?
What am I doing?
兜售了。
Touting again.
吹捧吗?
Touting?
他吗?
Him?
听着,孩子。
Now, listen, kid.
我们看到你用了很多疯狂的方法。
We’ve seen you use some pretty wild schemes.
为什么?
Why?
这匹马碰巧喜欢吃柠檬汁,这是一种罪过吗?
Is it a crime this horse happens to have A sweet tooth for lemon drops?
是啊,但你用这个对付那些疯狂的赛马玩家,他们会认为这匹马是在给你小费。
Yeah, but you’re using this on these crazy horse players, They’ll think the horse is giving you a tip.
你知道,我知道,这匹马也知道。
Well, you know it and I know it and the horse knows it.
但在法庭上听起来会很奇怪。
But it’ll sound very peculiar in court.
你就出格一次,小子。
Just step out of line once, Kid.
手铐已经准备好了。
The handcuffs are ready.
别再烦我了,好吗?
Lay off me, will you?
如果幸运的话,我会给你买♥♥加水的冰块。
And if I get lucky, I’ll buy you some ice with waters.
回想一下,就在上周四,我接受了他的一条建议。
To think just last Thursday, I went for one of his tips.
你也吗?
You, too?
我告诉你,乔治,我预感到肉馅饼会出事。
I tell you, George, I’ve got a hunch on Mince Pie.
记得那次你吃了那个女人的派,第二天你就不能去上班了,因为你生病了?
Remember that time you ate that woman’s pie, And you couldn’t go to work the next day because you were sick?
办公室被闪电击中了。
And the office was struck by lightning.
艾伦,那匹马不会因为名字叫肉馅饼就跑得更快的。
Ellen, that horse isn’t going to run any faster Just because its name is Mince Pie.
肉馅饼三岁时表现不错。
Mince Pie is a pretty good three-year-old.
会赢得很多比赛。
Going to win a lot of races.
也就是说,如果它的腿康复了。
That is, if its leg gets well.
你……你觉得他的腿有问题吗?
You… you think there’s something wrong with his leg?
觉得呢?
Think?
我是田径兽医。
I’m the track vet.
这是”阴♥道♥前”感染在”联邦”区域,这…哦,韧带发炎了。
It’s a “precastinary” infection of the “fedasorial” area, Which… oh, inflamed ligaments.
想象一下,让一条坏腿的马去比赛。
Imagine allowing a horse to race with a bad leg.
一半的马都该坐轮椅。
Half of these horses should be in wheelchairs.
这是他们抢栏杆的唯一原因,这让他们有了依靠。
It’s the only reason they fight for the rail, It gives them something to lean on.
你相信吗,比赛中只有一匹健康的马?
Would you believe it, there’s only one Sound horse in the race?
医生吗?
Doctor?
医生。
Doctor.
嗯嗯?
Mm-hm?
你说只有一匹马没病。
You said there was only one horse that wasn’t sick.
医生,请问是哪一个?
Please, Doc, which one?
所有的信息都是机密的,知道吗?
All that information is confidential, you know?
有点像医生和病人之间的关系。
Sort of between doctor and patient.
我们不会告诉任何人。
We wouldn’t tell anybody.
你可以和我们分享你的秘密。
You could share your secret with us.
我们会和你分享我们的奖金。
And we’d share our winnings with you.
哦不,求你了,求你了。
Oh no, please, please.
那是不道德的。
That would be unethical.
不过,如果比赛结束后,你愿意为诊所捐点东西吗?
However, if after the race, you’d Like to donate something to the clinic?
我们太拥挤了,每张床上都有两匹马。
We’re so overcrowded, we have two horses in every bed.
哦,当然,我们会的。
Oh, certainly, we will.
哪匹马感觉不错?
Uh, which horse feels well?
如果我是个赌徒,我会认为S-I-X是个非常幸运的数字。
Well, if I were a betting man, I’d Consider S-I-X a very lucky number.
骶髂关节……嘘。
S-I… Shh.
好了,安静。
All right, shush.
——S-I-X。-那是伦巴舞。
– S-I-X. – That’s Rhumba Dancer.
来吧,艾伦。
Come on, Ellen.
谢谢你,医生。
Thank you, Doctor.
你为你的职业增光。
You’re a credit to your profession.
哦,没什么。
Oh, ho, it’s nothing.
不好意思。
Uh, excuse me.
请原谅我这么挤进来,我大老远从芝加哥飞过来就是为了看我哥哥的比赛。
Pardon me for crowding in, but I flew all the way from Chicago To see my brother ride this race.
我第一次看到他骑冠军。
First time I get to see him ride a winner.
他哥哥是个骑师。
His brother’s a jockey.
有趣的事情。
Funny thing.
妈妈一直以为他会是个子高的那个。
Mom always thought he was going to be the tall one.
你怎么知道你哥哥会赢?
How do you know your brother’s going to win?
有很多方法可以修好,除非他们想把东西弄歪。
Lots of ways it’s fixed, unless they Try to pull something crooked.
有时候,马也会自己做交易。
Sometimes, the horses make their own deals, too, you know.
好吧,你弟弟叫什么名字?
Uh, well, uh, what’s your brother’s name?
我们也要为他加油。
We’d like to cheer for him, too.
如果你知道,你就知道是哪匹马了。
If you knew that, you’d know which horse.
哦,你不会后悔的。
Oh, you won’t be sorry.
比赛结束后我会照顾你的。
I’ll take care of you after the race.
一大块。
A big chunk.
哦。
Oh.
我不是那么在乎钱。
Well, I don’t care about the money so much.
毕竟,你们看起来确实像正派人。
After all, you do look like decent people.
数字是S-E-V-E-N。
The number is S-E-V-E-N.
S-E-V-E-N。那是铁棒。
S-E-V-E-N. That’s Iron Bar.
我们真高兴能遇到你。
Oh, we’re so glad we happened to meet you.
你相信吗?
Would you believe it?
这是我们今天赢的第一场比赛。
This is the first race we’ve won today.
好吧,然后……哦,有…这是你哥哥。
Well, then… Oh, there… there’s your brother now.
嗯?
Hm?
哦,嗨,杰瑞!
Oh, hi, Jerry!
爸爸妈妈向你问好。
Mom and Dad send their love.
祝你好运,孩子!
Lots of luck, kid!
看到他怎么假装不认识我了吗?
See how he pretends not to know me?
最聪明的小操作员。
Smartest little operator around.
我告诉你,先生,我知道我们在圣诞节比赛。
I tell you, sir, I know we race Christmas Day.
听着,孩子,我得确定。
Look, sonny, I got to be sure.
现在,帮我去问问威尔金森法官。
Now, go ask Judge Wilkinson for me.
嗯嗯。
Mm-hm.
他们还在印美元,是吧?
They’re still printing dollars, huh?
哦,你说什么,女士?
Oh, I beg your pardon, ma’am?
你们都在跟我说话?
Y’all addressing me?
好吧,亲爱的孩子,你是不是把这5美元掉在地上了?
Well, honey child, Did y’all just dropped this $5 bill?
哦,我……我不可能。
Oh, I… I couldn’t have.
我的都是百位。
Mine are all hundreds.
是的,我的也是。
Yeah, mine, too.
它一定是某个北方佬的。
It must belong to some Yankee.
你们一定很幸运,因为你们很漂亮。
Well, y’all must be as lucky as you are beautiful.
我的绅士朋友把这一切都押在了铁棒上。
My gentleman friend is betting all this on Iron Bar.
铁酒吧?
Iron Bar?
好吧,玉米饼和猪肠!
Well, corn my pone and chit my chitlins!
我本来打算自己在那匹马身上留下一个漂亮的身材,直到我叔叔告诉我比赛已经安排好了。
I was going to drop a handsome figure on that animal Myself until my uncle told me the race was fixed.
你的叔叔吗?
Your uncle?
是的。
Yeah.
那是威尔金森法官。
Well, that’s Judge Wilkinson.
他是赛马俱乐部的头牌,也是终点线的主审。
He’s the president of the Turf Club, And also, the head judge of the finish line.
我现在只是在等他点头。
I’m just waiting now for him to give me the nod.
当然,他是在调查。
He’s investigating, of course.
我的,首席裁判!
My, head judge!
这是他。
That’s him.
有漂亮女孩的那个。
The one with the pretty girl.
他给了我1美元问你圣诞节那天我们是否比赛。
He gives me $1 to ask you if we race on Christmas Day.
他不相信我的话。
He won’t take my word for it.
一定是个游客。
Must be a tourist.
好吧,如果比赛注定铁棒会输,你必须知道谁会赢。
Well, if the race is fixed for Iron Bar to lose, You must know who’s going to win.
是啊,但我不能泄露那样的信息。
Yeah, but I couldn’t divulge information Like that.
我发过誓要保守秘密。
I’ve been sworn to secrecy.
我以南方真正绅士的身份发誓。
I gave my word as a true gentleman of the South.
我对着一堆黑眼豌豆和蜜饯山药发誓。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!