很久都没有睡得这么好了 – 帮我一下 行么?
So long since I’ve slept that well. – Help me, will you?
好了
Yeah,
好多了
That’s better.
好的
Okay.
回头见
See you later.
我会在
I’ll be back,
老时间回来
at the usual time.
行吧
Well,
你要去哪儿?
Where are you going?
这 这不是在家
This, this is not home.
不 不是
No, it’s not.
我们在哪儿?
Where are we?
我们在一个好地方
We’re in a lovely place.
这个好地方有茶吗?
This lovely place have tea?
是的 我肯定它有
Yes, I’m sure it does.
哦…
Oh…
圣地亚哥:小说《老人与海》的主人公
圣地亚哥是海明威创造的一个完美角色
Santiago is the perfect Hemingway character,
因为他获得了内在精神上的成就
Because he achieves inner spiritual success,
那就是
Which is,
对海明威而言
for Hemingway,
何谓真正的男人
What defines true man.
他可以被打败
He’s defeated,
但无法被摧毁
But he’s not destroyed.
在小说的结尾
At the end of the story,
海明威说这个老人
Hemingway observes the old man.
象是睡着了
Sound asleep.
他那尾大鱼的骨架
Skeleton of his great fish,
还挂在钓索上
Still lies on the line.
接着海明威写道…
And Hemingway writes…
哦…
Oh…
我忘了
I’ve lost it.

Oh,
哦 上帝
Oh, God,
那真是一则精彩的名句
And it’s such a beautiful phrase.
但我却忘了
And I’ve forgotten it.
哦 糟糕
Oh, dear.
“老人正梦见狮子” – 哦 天呐 你知道!
“The old man was dreaming about lions.” – Oh, my God, you know it!
你知道!
You know it!
哦 多神奇啊 – 打扰了
Oh, how wonderful. – Excuse me,
茶匙在哪儿? – 呃 哦 稍等
Where are the teaspoons? – Uh, oh, wait,
我写过我的荣誉学位论文
I wrote my honors thesis,
就是关于《老人与海》 – 多…
on The Old Man and the Sea. – How…
史宾塞·屈赛:是1958年版《老人与海》的主演,并因该片获得
奥斯卡最佳男主角提名;他也是第一位连续两年获得奥斯卡影帝的演员
了不起 哦 天呐 – 我更喜欢史宾塞·屈赛演的那个电影
Wonderful. Oh, gosh. – I preferred the movie with Spencer Tracy.
威廉·福克纳:美国小说家、诗人和剧作家,为美国文学历
史上最具影响力的作家之一,并于1949年获得诺贝尔文学奖
引用威廉·福克纳的一句话
There’s a quote of William Faulkner,
其中他说道
Where he says,
“海明威是最勇敢和最出色的作家之一” – 然后你可以替我加上
“Hemingway was one of the bravest and the best.” – And you can add for me,
最纯粹的作家之一
one of the purest.
我完全赞同
I totally agree.
哦 天呐 – 茶匙?
Oh, gosh. – Teaspoon?

Uh,
非常抱歉
So sorry.
你能相信吗?
Can you believe it?
不 – 她写过她的荣誉学士论文
No. – She wrote her honors thesis,
关于《老人与海》 – 哇哦 真的吗?
on The Old Man and the Sea. – Wow, really?
亲爱的?
Darling?

Mmm.
别 别
No, no,
不 别停车
No, don’t stop.
我们还是找一个露营站 好么?
Let’s just find a campsite, okay?
好的
Okay.
我好累啊
I’m so tired.
呃…
Um…
如果你饿了
If you’re hungry,
那个 冰箱里还有些吃的
There’s, there’s some food in the fridge.

Mmm.
你还是感觉不好 莉莲?
You still don’t feel right, Lillian?

Oh,
请别烦恼
Don’t fret, please.
我不会抛下你一个人的
I won’t leave you on your own.
莉莲?
Lillian?
你感觉好了我才回去
I’ll go home when you feel okay.
那么
So,
艾拉在哪里
Where’s Ella,
现在?
now?
艾拉?
Ella?
艾拉在家
Ella’s at home.
在家
At home.
嗯哼
Mmm-hmm.
是的
Yeah.
小宝宝让她精疲力尽
This baby’s taking its toll on her.
我在想什么呢?
What am I thinking?
我应该在那儿帮她
I should be there to help her.
我 我
I, I,
我 我现在真的得回去了
I, I really have to go home now.
等一下 约翰
Wait, John.
是不是…
Does…
艾拉知道我们的事吗?
Does Ella know about us?
你知道她全然不知
You know she doesn’t.
如果她知道了 我可承受不了
I couldn’t bear it if she knew.
你也一样
Neither could you.
那会伤了她的心
It’d break her heart.
也会让我心碎
It’d break mine, too.
我们不能再这样下去了 莉莲
We have to stop this, Lillian.
是的
Yes.
是的 不能
Yes, we do.
我们不能再继续了
We have to stop.
已经持续了很长时间了
It’s been going on a long time.
呃 太久了
Uh, way too long.
那么 太久有多久?
So, how long is too long?

You,
你不记得了?
You don’t remember?
莉莲
Lillian.
差不多有两年了
It was nearly two years ago.
那么
So,
你爱我吗?
Do you love me?
你说什么呢?
What are you talking about?
你知道不是这样的
You know it’s not like that.
你自己说的
You said it yourself,
这事
This is just,
不超出朋友的范畴
between friends.
我的意思是 你是个很好的朋友
I mean, you’re a wonderful friend,
莉莲 最好的
Lillian, the best,

But,
但我爱艾拉
But I love Ella.
艾拉是我一生挚爱
Ella’s the love of my life.
她是我的一切
She’s everything to me,
而且我们快有孩子了
And we’ve got a baby on the way,
看在上帝的份上
for God’s sake.
我们不能再继续了 莉莲
We have to stop this, Lillian.
我很抱歉 但
I’m sorry, but,
我们得快刀斩乱麻
We have to end this once and for all.
再见 亲爱的莉莲
Goodbye, dear Lillian.
再见
Goodbye.
你给我回来 你
You get back here, you,
你个王八蛋!
You son of a bitch!
你给我回来… – 艾拉 怎么回事?
You get back in here… – Ella, what’s happening?
让我可以杀了你!
So I can kill you!
人♥渣♥! – 艾拉 艾拉

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!