and when Bobby kicks his game into high gear, he’s in for a big surprise.
等到波比一失误 他就会有大惊喜
What about Junuh?
朱诺怎么样?
Well, what about him, son?
他怎么样 孩子?
Well, there’s still three rounds to go, and that’s 54 holes.
还有3局要打 54个洞
All he’s got to do is pick up one stroke…
他要做的就是…
every four holes, and he wins.
每4洞追回一杆 然后就赢了
It’s possible. Well, it’s possible, son, but it’s not very likely.
有可能 是有可能 孩子 但是不现实
I mean, I have been told that Junuh shows no sign of gettin’ his game together.
我是说 我听说朱诺 还没有找到比赛感觉的迹象
He’s playin’ Bobby Jones and Walter Hagen.
他在和波比·琼斯以及沃特·哈根比赛
What do you know? You can’t even get yourself a decent job!
你知道什么?你都不能找到份体面的工作!
Hardy! Hardy Greaves, you come back here.
哈代 哈代·格里夫 回来
Let him go, Ida.
让他去吧 艾达
Been a hard time for the boy.
那孩子很难受
There something you wanted to tell me?
你想和我说什么?
Well, I’m tryin’ to think of how to say it, Junuh.
我正在想怎么说 朱诺
There is a purpose to this visit,
这次会面是有目的
and that’s to apologize.
来道歉
But I’m not a naturally apologetic woman, so it takes me longer…
但我不是个会道歉的女人 所以需要些时间…
to get my thoughts in order.
来让我思路清晰
I want to seem properly contrite for having gotten you into this golf match…
我要表现出非常懊悔地 让你参加这高尔夫比赛
but not seem that what I did was ill-intentioned, because it was not.
但我的本意是好的
What exactly are you apologizin’ for?
你到底为什么道歉?
For publicly humiliating you.
为公众对你的羞辱
Oh. Well, that’d be a good thing to apologize for.
哦 好 倒是应该为这个道歉
However… I think that…
但是…我想…
basically, what I’m trying to say is- is that I’m sorry.
基本上 我要说的就是”我很抱歉”
But it’s not my fault.
不是我的错
You’re the one to blame.
你才应该受指责
That’s one hell of an apology, Adele.
这算是什么道歉 阿黛尔?
I’d stop the tournament in a flash, if I could.
我想一下子就结束比赛 如果我能
I truly, truly would, because I know it’s just gonna get worse.
我真的真的想 因为我知道只会更糟
And the way…
那方式…
And the way you’re playin’! You’re simply destroyin’ any chance…
你那比赛的方式! 简直是在毁掉任何机会…
Jones and Hagen have of playin’ well.
琼斯和哈根打得很好
And your supporters, who are every man, woman and child in Savannah,
你的支持者:萨凡纳每个男女老少
are so demoralized that they can barely hold down their lunches.
受挫折到中午吃不下饭
So, you want my apology or not? No.
你还想要我道歉吗? 不
Well.

That’s the Junuh I know.
这就是我认识的朱诺
Just full of little surprises. What was it, Adele?
真让人奇怪 怎么了 阿黛尔?
What did you like about us?
我们之间你喜欢什么?
I liked the way we danced.
我喜欢我们跳舞的样子
What’s your problem?
你有什么问题?
And they was just lookin’ at me like I was stupid or crazy or something.
他们看着我就好像我又蠢又疯狂
To think that you could beat Bobby Jones and Walter Hagen bein’ 12 strokes behind,
因为认为你能在落后12杆的情况下打败他们
even though I told them all you had to do was pick up one stroke…
尽管我说你在剩下的54洞中…
every four holes for the next 54 holes, right?
每4洞追上一杆 对吧?
Yeah, right. And who do you think was tellin’ me…
嗯 是的 你想说什么?
what a hopeless case you was the most?
多么的不可能?
My very own father, who says that he was a good friend of yours…
我爸爸说他是你的朋友…
until you lost your mind in the war.
直到战争中你不能自♥制♥
He’s right.
他是对的
You can’t win?
你赢不了?
He was a good friend of mine.
他是我的好朋友
He’s sweepin’ streets, Captain Junuh,
他扫过大街 朱诺上尉
in the middle of Savannah where everybody can see him.
在萨凡纳的中心 在那每个人都看得见
Me, my friends and everybody.
我 我的朋友 所有的人
You feelin’ sorry for yourself because your daddy’s got to sweep streets?
你觉得对不起自己 就因为你父亲扫过大街?
He ain’t the only man who can’t get work.
他不是惟一找不到工作的人
Wilbur Charles’s dad can’t get work neither,
威尔伯·查尔斯的爸爸也找不到工作
but he says he’d rather do nothin’ at all than something beneath his dignity.
但他说宁可什么都不干 也不干低三下四的活
Grow up, Hardy. It ain’t time for me to grow up, Mr. Junuh.
长大吧 哈代 现在不是我长大的时间 朱诺先生
Your daddy’s out sweepin’ streets because he took every last dime he had…
你♥爸♥爸扫大街是因为他要用每一毛钱…
and used it to pay up every man and woman he owed…
来支付每一个他的雇员…
and every business who worked for him, instead of declaring bankruptcy…
和每一笔生意 而不宣布破产…
Like everyone else in town, including your best friend Wilbur Charles’s dad, Raymond,
像镇上每个人 包括你的好朋友 威尔伯·查尔斯的父亲 雷蒙德
which is why he’s able to sit around all day long on his dignity.
这就是为什么他能降低自己身份
You daddy stared adversity in the eye, Hardy,
你父亲注视着不幸 哈代
and he beat it back with a broom.
用扫把把它们扫去
You really love this game, don’t you?
你真的喜欢这比赛 不是吗?
The greatest game there is.
这是最伟大的比赛
You really think so?
你真的这么想?
Ask anybody. It’s fun. It’s hard.
问问别人 这有趣 有困难
You stand out there on that green, green grass,
你站在那绿色的草地上
and it’s just you and the ball, and there ain’t nobody to beat up on but yourself.
只有你和球 除你之外没什么可以痛打
Just like Mr. Noonan keeps hittin’ himself with a golf club every time he gets angry.
就像诺南先生 每当生气就挥起球杆打自己
He’s broken his toe three times on account of it.
因为这个 他打坏自己脚趾三次
This is the only game I know you can call a penalty on yourself-
这是惟一一种可以惩罚自己的运动
if you’re honest, which most people are.
如果你诚实 就像大多数人
There just ain’t no other game like it.
没有别的像这样的运动
I better get goin’.
我该走了
In case you didn’t see that, Bobby, remind me when we’re out there.
万一你看不到 波比 到那时提醒我一下
I’ll show you where it’s at when your second shot catches up to it.
我会告诉你它在哪 当你第二杆赶上的时候
Oh, yes. Greatest game there is.
哦 精彩的比赛
Right, Hardy? Yes, sir.
对吧 哈代? 是的 先生
The greatest game there will ever be.
有史以来最精彩的比赛
Just you and the ball. All by your lonesome.
只有你和球 你的孤独
I think it’s time.
我看到时间了
Time for what? Time for you to see the field.
什么时间? 你去看场地的时间
The field? I see the field. It’s 445 yards long.
场地?我看得见 445码长
It’s got a little red flag at the end of it. It’s 12 strokes ahead of me.
尽头有个小红旗 领先我12杆
Come on. That ain’t it.
来吧 不是这样的
‘Cause if you was seein’ the field, you wouldn’t be hackin’ at that ball…
因为你没看见场地 你就不能打到球
Like you was choppin’ weeds out from under your front porch.
就像你在清除走廊前的杂草
Just gimme the club.
给我球杆
Sorry I bring it up. Here. You gonna take that. Hack away.
对不起我一直拿着 你得像我说的那样 把球打出去
All right. What’s the field?
好吧球场是什么
Fix your eyes on Bobby Jones.
盯着波比·琼斯
Here’s a piece of work here right now.
他要击球了
Give the man room.
给他空间
Knock it out there, Bobby.
把它打出去 波比
Look at his practice swing.
看他练习挥杆
Almost like he’s searchin’ for somethin’.
好像他在找什么
Then he finds it.
后来找到了
Watch how he settle himself right into the middle of it.
看他怎么让自己处在那当中
Feel that focus.
感觉那注意力
He got a lot of shots he could choose from.
他有多种击球选择
Duffs and tops and skulls.
各个部位
But there’s only one shot that’s in perfect harmony with the field.
但这与球场完美的和谐中只有一击
One shot that’s his… authentic shot.
那就是…可信的一击
And that shot is gonna choose him.
那一击选上他
There’s a perfect shot out there tryin’ to find each and every one of us.
每个人都有这完美的一击
All we gotta do is get ourselves out of its way.
我们要做的就是找到它
Let it choose us.
让它选中我们
Mm. Look at him. He in the field.
看着他 他在场地上
Can’t see that flag as some dragon you got to slay.
看不见你所谓的那些龙
You got to look with soft eyes.
你应该轻柔的看着
See the place where the tides and seasons…
看那潮汐涨落的地方 那四季…
and the turnin’ of the earth…
和地球的转动…
all come together.
集♥合♥在一起
Where everything that is…
那所有东西…
becomes one.
成为一体的地方
You got to seek that place with your soul, Junuh.
你要用灵魂寻找那个地方 朱诺
Seek it with your hands. Don’t think about it.
用你的双手 不要考虑
Feel it. Your hands is wiser than your head ever gonna be.
要感觉你的手比你的头更明智
I can’t take you there, Junuh.
我不能带你去 朱诺
Just hopes I can help you find a way.
仅仅希望我能帮你找到
Just you, that ball,
只有你 那球
that flag,
那旗子
and all you are- seek it with your hands.
所有这一切…你要用双手找到它

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!