Hello, Mr. Junuh. How are you? Bob, how are you? Walter.
你好 朱诺 波比 你好 沃特
They do put on a splendid show, don’t they, O.B.?
会上演很精彩的演出 不是吗 O.B?
I hear that later today they’ll even be hittin’ some golf balls.
我听说今天他们要击出一些高尔夫球
Ladies and gentlemen.
女士们先生们
By virtue of the draw,
根据抽签
Mr. Jones will hit first,
琼斯先生第一个击球
Mr. Hagen second,
哈根先生其次
and then Mr. Junuh.
最后是朱诺先生
Shh.

And then suddenly, in that moment,
那时候 突然…
I felt as if I could hear the earth breathin’ beneath me.
我感到仿佛脚下的大地在呼吸
Junuh hit a promising opening drive,
朱诺开局不错
and I was sure he was on his way.
我相信他会发挥很好
Nice shot. Absolutely.
漂亮;没错
It’s hard to imagine three more different approaches to the game of golf.
很难想象比赛中有三种风格
Bobby Jones’s swing was a study of grace in motion.
波比·琼斯非常稳健
He had a way of making the difficult shots look easy…
他可以使困难球变得容易…
and the easy shots look even easier.
容易球变得更容易
Hagen, on the other hand, hit more bad shots in a single game…
哈根相反 一次比赛击出的坏球…
than most golfers do in a season.
比大多数选手一个赛季都多
But Hagen had long ago learned one thing.
但哈根很久以前就学会一件事
Three lousy shots and one brilliant shot can still make par.
三个坏球加上一个很好的球同样精彩
And Junuh, well, even now I can’t think of it without wincin’.
至于朱诺 我现在想起来都汗颜
Beach. Go ball, go.
沙滩 快飞
Yep. Beach.
是的 沙滩
We sure got lovely weather for it this morning, though, don’t we?
我们今天上午至少还有这好天气 不是吗
Let me get that from you, sir.
我给你拿这个 先生
Any ideas?
有主意吗?
Hmm. About what?
嗯 关于什么?
Could you give me a club?
给我个杆
Yeah. That’s a good one there.
那个杆不错
What the hell’s wrong with his grip?
他抓杆怎么了
By the end of five holes, Junuh was five strokes behind…
第5洞结束时 朱诺落后5杆
with 67 holes to go.
还有67个洞要打
And things would’ve been a lot worse if it weren’t for Junuh’s shot on the sixth.
朱诺如果不打第6洞 情况还会更糟
It was a birdie, one stroke under par…
那是小鸟球 一杆…
for the hole, moving him to four behind Jones and Hagen…
进洞 让他只落后琼斯和哈根4杆…
and his only glimmer of hope for the entire round.
这是他整局惟一的闪光点
I think I found my game.
我想我找到感觉了
Good news, Mr. Junuh. Now all we gots to do is figure out what game that is.
好消息 朱诺先生 我们看看接下来比赛会如何
By the 18th tee, at the close of the morning round,
到第18洞 接近上午比赛的结束
Jones and Hagen were neck and neck.
琼斯和哈根齐头并进
And as for Junuh This is becoming embarrassing.
至于朱诺… 情况会很尴尬
Oh, no, sir. It’s been embarrassing for quite some time now.
不 先生 已经很尴尬了
May I make a suggestion to you?
我能提个建议吗
What now? Why don’t you just hook it out of bounds?
干什么? 为何不把球打到到不了的地方?
Yeah. Just curve it out over them pretty trees into the ocean.
对 越过那些树打进水里
Really, just do what you been doin’. Then you’ll be so far out the match,
对 做你一直做的 那样可以离开比赛一会
man, we can just relax, enjoy ourselves the rest of the way.
能放松一下 剩下的路上享受
Yeah.
是的
What you waitin’ for? Go on.
你在等什么?继续
Just hook it to hell and gone. Put yourself out your misery.
把球打到远处 让自己逃离煎熬
You want to quit, Mr. Junuh?
你想退出吗 朱诺先生?
You can just go ahead and creep off somewhere.
你可以继续然后爬到别处
I’ll tell folk you took sick. Truth be told, ain’t nobody gonna really object.
我会告诉人们你生病了 说实话 没人会反对
Fact, they’d probably be happy as bugs in a bake shop, see you pack up and go home.
实际上 他们会像烧烤店的虫子一样高兴 看着你收拾东西回家
You know I can’t quit.
你知道我不能退出
I know.
我知道
Just makin’ sure you know it too.
我只是确认你也非常清楚
Man alive! The fairway.
你这个人啊!草地
Hello, Bagger. Hello. Mr. Bagger Vance.
你好 贝格 你好贝格·文斯先生
I want an explanation. It better be a good one.
我要一个解释 最好是合理的
What on God’s green earth are you tellin’ him?
你到底跟他说了什么?
Sir, I’d sure be most appreciative if we talk about this a bit later.
先生 我们最后过后再谈
Right now I’m busy assisting Mr. Junuh.
现在我正忙着辅助朱诺先生
You have done a hell of a job so far. Okay, okay!
你做得很好 好了好了
Let me talk to him, Neskaloosa.
让我和他说 内斯卡路萨
Mr. Vance, I think what the judge is trying to determine here…
文斯先生 我想法官在这想知道
is what exactly your strategy is for helping poor Mr. Junuh find his game,
你是怎样帮可怜的朱诺先生找到感觉的
because to the untrained observer it appears you know as much about being a caddie…
因为对那些没训练过的旁观者
as I do about driving a locomotive.
你懂当球童 就像我懂开火车一样多
Oh, you-all want to know my strategy.
哦 你们都想知道我的策略
Well, right now my player is a little confused about who he is.
好吧 现在我的选手有点搞不清自己是谁
See, he still thinks he’s Rannulph Junuh.
看 他还认为自己是兰努夫·朱诺
He is Rannulph Junuh, you damn twit.
他就是兰努夫·朱诺 你这傻瓜
Well, he is and he ain’t.
嗯 他是 也不是
Thank you. Thank you.
谢谢 谢谢
Anybody drinkin’? Here. I’m gonna get a drink.
有人有喝的吗 我想喝点水
It’ll come.
你会追上的
I had me a uncle named Rufus.
我叔叔给我起名叫鲁夫斯
Lost his right arm in a cotton gin.
他在操作轧棉机时失去了右臂
Learned how to do everything with his left arm.
学着怎样用左臂做所有事情
Then he lost that changing a wagon wheel.
后来他也失去了左臂 换马车轮子时
Axle snapped, chopped off his left arm. Learned to do everything with his teeth.
轴突然断裂 剁碎了他的左臂 就学着用牙齿做所有事
It was a mistake. One night he says some things to Mr. Johnny…
那是个错误 一个夜里他和约翰尼先生说了一些事…
He shouldn’t had said.
他本不应该说的
Mr. Johnny knock all the teeth out his head.
约翰尼先生打掉了他所有的牙齿
So he learned how to do everything with his feet.
所以他只能学着用脚做所有事
Up till he got this, uh, fungus. It grew-
直到长了脚癣…
Stop it. I’m trying to tell you about overcoming adversity.
够了 我在告诉你如何战胜不幸
Listen, you want to talk to me about my grip, fine.
听着 你想说我的握杆 好
Talk about my swing, fine. You don’t wanna hear about the fungus?
说我的挥杆 好 你不想听脚癣的事?
He became a dancer. Oh, he made a fortune.
他后来成为了一个舞蹈家 发了财
It was the most amazing thing to see this armless, toothless man sliding across the stage…
最让人惊奇的是看这个没有手臂 没有牙齿的人在舞台上
to the music of Bessie Smith and the Duke.
对着贝茜·史密斯和公爵的音乐跳舞
I don’t care if I’m 12 strokes back. I just don’t.
我不在乎是不是落后12杆 我不管
You don’t even want to win?
你不想赢?
It’s just a game, Bagger. Ah. Yes, sir.
仅仅是个游戏 贝格 是的 先生
You done said it yourself now. Just a game.
你刚和自己说了 仅仅是个游戏
So maybe, just maybe, there is something else that’s rilin’ you.
所以 也许是别的事让你愤怒
Maybe you thought you was just gonna sashay out onto that green…
也许你认为你要在绿地上大摇大摆的走
and the old hero of Savannah just reappear all by himself.
萨凡纳的老英雄自己又回来了
Don’t work that way, is all.
不要那样 就行
The Junuh you was, you ain’t never gonna be again.
你曾是朱诺 你不会再是了
Ever. That’s all I’m sayin’.
永远 这就是我要说的
You don’t know a damn thing about me.
你一点都不了解我
I know one thing for sure. You gonna look pretty foolish…
有一点我很清楚 你看上去很傻…
with two different shoes on your feet.
如果穿着两只不一样的鞋出去
Ah, Jesus.
哦 天啊
You got an answer for everything, don’t you, Bagger?
你能回答所有事 不是吗 贝格?
Let me tell you something. There’s no difference between winning and losing…
我来告诉你吧 胜负没有区别
and anything in between.
一点都没有
What’s lost is lost. A man lives. A man dies.
失败就是失败 有人活着 有人死了
And in the end it all turns out the same.
到最后所有都是一样的
You’re alone. And that’s all you’re ever gonna be.
你只有一个人 你一直是这样
Is that a fact? Alone.
这是事实吗?孤独
So, a soul is born with everything that the Lord can give it,
所以 一个人生下来主给了它一切
and things don’t go its way, so it just gives up, and the good Lord takes everything back?
有些事不如意 它就放弃了 好的主把一切都带回来?
That’s right. And then the soul dies.
没错 那样那人就死了
Alone. Was that pretty much what you’re sayin’? That’s right.
孤独 这就是你说的吗? 没错
That’s a sad story, Mr. Junuh.
这是个悲伤的故事 朱诺先生
Yes, it is. And that’s just about the dumbest thing…
是的 这是关于无声的事情
I heard any fool say… ever.
我听过任何傻瓜曾说…
You got yourself a hard eye there, Mr. Junuh.
你有一只冷酷的眼睛 朱诺先生
Soul is born with everything, it dies, and the good Lord-
什么”人生下来什么都有 死去 好的主…”
You a funny man, Mr. Junuh.
你很有趣 朱诺先生
Now, what I hear, Bobby’s just waitin’ to make his big move.
我听说 波比正等着前进一大步
He doesn’t wanna peak too early.
他不想过早达到顶峰
You think Walter doesn’t know that?
你以为沃特不知道?
He’s keeping pace with Bobby step for step,
他一步一步跟着波比

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!