Nobody has the right to call Krewe Island “Invergordon’s Folly. ”
没有人有权力说克魯岛是因佛哥登家的蠢事
Nobody. Good day, gentlemen.
没有人 再见 先生们
Adele!
阿黛尔!
Nobody holds your father responsible for this depression, Adele!
没有人让你在这大萧条中 负你父亲的责任 阿黛尔
You’re a damn fool, Adele!
你太蠢了 阿黛尔!
Save your breath, Judge. She’ll sell to us.
别费口舌了 法官先生 她会卖♥♥给我们的
You really think Bobby Jones and Walter Hagen are gonna come to Krewe Island…
你真的认为波比·琼斯 和沃特·哈根会来克鲁岛?
just ’cause Adele Invergordon wants ’em to?
仅仅因为阿黛尔·因佛哥登邀请他们来?
All four golf championships in a single year.
一年内所有的四个高尔夫冠军
The Grand Slam. Simply amazing.
一场大战 太惊奇了
I don’t believe that’s ever been done before in the history of golf, has it?
我看这在高尔夫历史上也绝无仅有 是吧
Well, no, it, uh- It, uh-
嗯 是的 它…
It just takes my breath away.
使我激动不已
You don’t impress me as someone who tends to lose her breath, Miss Invergordon.
不要给我让人喘不上气来的印象 因佛哥登小姐
Did you know, Mr. Jones, that reprobate Mr. Walter Hagen-
你听说过吗 琼斯先生 堕落的哈根
who I hear spends his every minute chasin’ after women-
我听说每一分钟都在追逐女人
has been approached about playin’ in next’s month’s $10,000 Krewe Island match?
准备参加下个月的克鲁岛的比赛吗?
No, I didn’t.
没听说过
But I’m not clear how this is an urgent matter for the American Red Cross.
但我不清楚这对美国红十字会是紧急事件
Did I say that? At the front door.
我说过吗? 在前门的时候
May I speak candidly, Mr. Jones?
我能直说吗 琼斯先生?
I wish you would.
请便
I’ve come here today to see you because to the South, you are a hero.
我今天来这见你 因为对南方你是个英雄
They see you as a young god.
他们把你当作年轻人的神
brave, valiant, glorious.
勇敢、光荣
One of the greatest golfers in the world today.
当今世界上最伟大的高尔夫选手之一
I would say the greatest golfer in the world today…
我要说当今世界上最伟大的高尔夫选手…
were it not for that unfortunate incident last year when that profligate, Mr. Hagen,
不会在去年不走运地被不检点的哈根
whupped you by 12 strokes on your very own course.
在自己的球场上赢12杆
You say he’s been invited to play at Krewe Island next month?
你说他下个月会参加克鲁岛的比赛吗?
She has a remarkable talent, Mr. Hagen.
她有非凡的天赋 哈根先生
I was the one who hit the ball.
我是曾击到球的人
I wonder if you might excuse us for just a couple of minutes, Anna Mae?
你能不能给我们几分钟时间 安娜·梅?
It won’t be long.
不会很长的
A charming woman, Mr. Hagen. Although she gave me quite a fright for a moment there.
迷人的女人 哈根先生 虽然她吓了我一跳
With so much weight distributed in front, I’d have sworn she’d topple back to the floor…
前面有这么大重量 我发誓她会跌到地板上
before she ever got to her knees.
在她碰到膝盖之前
I do admire a man with your…
我很钦佩有你这样的…
vitality. Oh?
活力的人 哦?
The South is in such an unfortunate place these days, and Savannah most of all.
这些天南方是很不幸的地方 尤其萨凡纳
The memories of our disastrous defeat in the War Between the States still linger,
对那与北方战争中灾难性失败的回忆
and with them, the defeated, uncertain men who returned lacking the vigor…
和那些战败的、没有精力的、不可靠的…
we woman normally associate with your gender. Hmm.
我们女人需要您这样的旺盛精力 嗯
And now, sadly, here is Savannah,
现在很不幸 在这萨凡纳
teeming with the most attractive young women,
空有最迷人的女人们
and nobody, absolutely nobody…
却没有人…
to satisfy them. Hmm.
来满足她们 嗯
Except for, perhaps, Bobby Jones, who will be playing in our Krewe Island tournament.
除了…也许波比·琼斯 下月将参加克鲁岛的比赛
So he says, “It don’t matter what it is. It won’t hurt you.
他说”不管它是什么 不会伤害你的”
You just pop one in your mouth, and you chew!”
你就塞一块到嘴里嚼
I’m pleased to announce that Mr. Bobby Jones and Mr. Walter Hagen…
我很高兴宣布波比·琼斯先生 和沃特·哈根先生…
have accepted my golfin’ invitation,
接受了高尔夫比赛的邀请
with enthusiasm.
非常积极
This, of course, is Miss Adele Invergordon’s…
这当然是阿黛尔·因佛哥登小姐的…
commitment to her father’s dream, possibly the most-
对父亲梦想的承诺 也许是最…
Not one to concede defeat easily,
不轻易接受失败的人
Neskaloosa engineered a local uprising against the tournament.
内斯卡路萨发动了反对比赛的活动
And I’m sure that you boys would think I’ve been drinkin’ too much blackjack tea.
我保证你们一定认为我喝多了
‘Course, these are our streets that they’re gonna be parkin’ in.
因为这是我们的街道 他们要在这里停车
They will tax the limits of our constabulary-
他们要为我们的警官缴税
Do you think one of them damn rich Yankees…
你认为那些北方佬…
gives a hoot about Savannah or anybody in it?
会有人看得起我们萨凡纳 或里面的任何人?
Now, now, now, now, now.
现在 现在…
Now, we need the Yankee,
我们需要北方佬
but we also need someone from Savannah…
但我们也需要从萨凡纳来的人…
in the match, one of us,
参加比赛 我们中的一个
givin’ Jones and Hagen area run for their money.
让琼斯和哈根费点事 才能赚到钱
Then they’ll know what we’re made of.
那时候 他们才知道他们是谁
We need someone from Savannah playin’ in our tournament!
我们需要来自萨凡纳的人参加比赛!
What about Dougal McDermott? He’d turn a trick or two.
道格·麦克德莫特怎么样? 他也许会露一两手
He’s a Scot. The only time he comes into town is to get drunk.
他是酒鬼 一进城就喝醉
Bobby Jones is from Atlanta. – I said, Savannah!
波比·琼斯是亚特兰大人 我说过 萨凡纳的人
The South. There a I South.
南方南方人
Neskaloosa knew the golden rule of politics better than anyone.
内斯卡路萨比别人更知道政♥治♥的黄金法则
If you can’t beat ’em, lead ’em.
如果不能打败他们 就领导他们
All right, all right. Hold it, hold it! Hold it, everyone!
好了 好了!大家静一下!
There’s one person we’re forgettin’.
有个人我们忘了
We all know there’s one man who hits gargantuan drives off the tee…
我们都知道有个人击球有力
and has a lock picker’s touch around the greens.
球像开锁一样落到绿地上
Savannah’s own Ender by “Cottonmouth” Conyngham.
萨凡纳自己的终结者”毒蛇”康尼汉姆
Wait a minute! He’s 80 years old!
等一下!他已经80岁了!
He’d need one caddie to carry his golf clubs…
他需要一个球童拿球杆
and two to carry him!
两个人抬着他
Junuh could whip ’em both. You’re off your rocker.
朱诺会打败他们两个 你一定是疯了
Junuh couldn’t whip a dead possum in a gunnysack.
朱诺连麻袋里的死老鼠都打不过
That ain’t true. Oh, yeah?
不是这样的 是吗?
What about Captain Junuh? Who?
朱诺上尉怎么样? 谁?
Captain Junuh.
朱诺上尉
My dad says he’s the greatest golfer Savannah ever had.
我爸说他是萨凡纳最伟大的高尔夫选手
Hardy. Well, it’s true.
哈代 是这样的
You must’ve said it a hundred times.
你一定已经说了一百遍了
Sit down, son. – The boy’s got a point.
坐下 孩子 这孩子说的对
Junuh’s born and bred Savannah. Exactly!
朱诺生在长在萨凡纳 没错!
And this is the point! – I heard he just disappeared.
这就是重点! 我听说他消失了
Forget Rannulph Junuh, assumin’ you can locate his whereabouts.
忘了兰努夫·朱诺吧 如果你不知道他在哪
I hear he’s so far gone, he wouldn’t know a putter from a pussy willow.
我听说他走得很远 是个脓包
I know where to find him.
我知道哪能找到他
You find him, Hardy, and we will be there.
你找到他 哈代 我们就好办了
Fly, lad, with winged sandals on your feet!
快点吧 小伙子!
If I live to be a thousand, which doesn’t seem likely,
如果再有一千遍 也不会这样
I’ll never know where I got the courage to call out like that.
我从来都不知道哪里来的勇气这样做
But once I did, I wasn’t backin’ down.
但是一旦我做了 就不会回头
This could’ve been the stupidest idea I’ve ever had.
这一定是我最蠢的主意
Captain Junuh?
朱诺上尉?
Captain Junuh?
朱诺上尉?
This is Hardy Greaves, sir.
是哈代·格里夫先生
Get outta here with that.
快滚出去
Hey, just make sure you guys save some of that money for me.
嘿 确认你们有足够的钱给我
Whoa-ho-ho! What have we here?
喔!看看谁来了?
Well, well.
哇
Look like we got a new card player, gents.
看上去我们有了个新牌友
It’s all right, boy. There’s no need to be scared.
没事的 孩子 没什么可怕的
I ain’t scared.
我不害怕
I’ve seen men drunk plenty of times.
我见过喝醉酒的男人很多次了
Well, what do they look like? Well, they ain’t much to look at.
嗯 他们看上去怎么样? 没什么人样
At least not so much as they seem to think it is. But it don’t scare me none.
至少不像他们想的那样 但是吓不到我
Gentlemen, we may be lookin’ at the only male in Chatham County…
先生们 我们也许是查塔姆郡仅有的男人…
who isn’t completely full of shit.
不是一堆垃圾
What’s your name, son?
你叫什么 孩子?
Uh, Hardy. Hardy Greaves.
哈代 哈代·格里夫
You Frank Greaves’ boy? Yes, sir.
你是福兰克·格里夫的儿子? 是的
What brings you here, Hardy?
你怎么到这来了 哈代?
Maybe I’d better come back when you’re not so busy.
也许我得等你不是这么忙时再来
Busy? I thought you were gonna say drunk.
忙?我想你想说”醉”
But I’m not busy and I’m not drunk.
但是我不忙 也不醉
Fact is, there ain’t enough whiskey in the state of Georgia to get me drunk enough.
事实是 佐治亚没有足够的威士忌让我醉
Well, how drunk is drunk enough,
多醉是足够醉?
朇aptain Junuh? – Whoo.
朱诺上尉? 喔
Good question, Hardy. Come on over here, take seat.
问得好 哈代 到这来坐
I’ll tell you how drunk drunk enough is.
我来告诉你多醉 是足够醉