but not if it merely oscillates and comes to rest in its original position.”
但振动一下又会到原来位置…不算动了
Is she different?
有不同吗?
Can you be certain? Sometimes a ball will shudder…
你确定吗?有时球振动一下
and then settle back again, Junuh.
然后又回去了 朱诺
The ball was here, and it rolled to here.
这球曾在这 并且又滚到这了
Hit it quick, old boy, before you have time to think about it.
快点打 孩子 在你有时间想之前
You’re leaving.
你要走了
Yes, sir. Yes, I am.
是的先生 我要走了
I need you.
我需要你
No. No, you don’t.
不
Not no more.
你不再需要了
There is a small matter. Round about five dollars.
有件小事 关于那5块钱
It was guaranteed.
是保证过的
Yes, it was. ‘Spect you won’t be needin’ these shoes back,
是的 估计你不想要回这鞋了
now that I done broke ’em into my foot and all, you know.
既然我把它们穿坏了
Thank you, sir.
谢谢 先生
This man is yours, Hardy.
他是你的了 哈代
Take him on in.
继续
Y-You want me… to take over for you?
你要我来接替你?
You leavin’ me? Oh, only for a little while.
你要离开我? 哦 就一会
You pick up Mr. Junuh bag.
你拿着朱诺先生的包
You tote it real straight, now, you hear?
你一直拿着 听到了吗?
But what if something comes up…
但是如果出现什么状况
and I don’t know what to do?
我不知所措 怎么办?
I got a feeling you’ll figure it out.
我想你能解决的
But I’ll be seein’ ya.
但我会看着
Whoa, wait a minute. What’s going on here?
喔 等一下 这怎么了?
You can’t leave him now. He needs you, Bagger.
你不能现在离开他 他需要你 贝格
You’re the only chance he’s got. You have to stay.
你是他惟一的机会 你得留下来
You walk out of here like this, you’ll never caddie in Georgia again,
如果你这样走出去 你永远不能在佐治亚做球童了
I’ll personally see to it! Ya hear?
我是认真的的 你听到了?
Where’s Junuh lie?
朱诺在哪?
Two with a penalty. He be hittin’ three.
两杆罚一杆 他在打第三杆
Man. I can’t hit it any better than that.
天 我不能打得再好了
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
Judging from the sound, I think I just knocked your ball in the cup.
从声音判断 我想我刚打了你杯子里的球
Interesting match.
有趣的比赛
I always thought so.
我一直这样想
All right, everybody. Comin’ through. Out of the way.
好了 大家让开
Hagen and Jones both lay two, as hot ahead of Junuh.
哈根和琼斯都两杆 在朱诺前面
If either of them sank their putts, Junuh would lose.
如果任何一个人进洞 朱诺就输了
What do you think, Hardy?
你怎么认为 哈代?
Well, the night air has gotten colder.
夜里空气更冷
My guess is it’s put a layer of dew on the warmer grass,
我想草上沾了露水
which is gonna slow your ball down.
会减慢球速
Why don’t you go on over and stand with your father?
你为什幺不过去站在你父亲的身旁?
Are you sure? Go ahead.
你肯定? 是的
Go on.
继续
That is one tough shot.
这杆不好打
Make it.
搞定它
Yeah!
哇!
Rannulph Junuh from Savannah, Georgia,
佐治亚萨凡纳的兰努夫·朱诺
tied Mr. Bobby Jones and Mr. Walter Hagen…
和波比·琼斯先生一击 沃特·哈根先生打成平手…
in the greatest golf match the world has ever seen!
在这有史以来最伟大的高尔夫比赛上
That was the last match in competition…
那是波比·琼斯参加的…
Bobby Jones ever played.
最后的比赛
From that time on, Walter Hagen played only exhibition matches.
从那时起 沃特·哈根只参加表演赛
As for Captain Rannulph Junuh and Adele Invergordon,
至于兰努夫·朱诺上尉和 阿黛尔·因佛哥登
they did have that dance.
又复合了
And me?
我呢?
Well, it seems like yesterday I used to see old guys like me,
好像我习惯了看着像我这样的老傢伙
wonder why they still bothered with this crazy game.
想知道为什么还是对这项疯狂的运动烦恼
But it doesn’t matter.
但是没关系
As Bagger once said, it’s a game that can’t be won, only played.
就像贝格曾说过 这比赛不是来赢的 只能来打
So, I play. I play on.
所以 我继续打球
I play for the moments yet to come,
直到此刻
Lookin’ for my place in the field.
寻找我在场上的位置