Even when no one was dancing anymore.
即使遭到轰炸
Even when the bombs were falling.
我一直演奏
And I kept playing
直到船到了这儿
till the ship got here.
这还叫船吗
Call this a ship?
快要爆♥炸♥的炸♥药♥山差不多
It’s more like a mountain of dynamite about to explode.
有点危险啊 是不是
A bit dangerous, don’t you think?
你呢 麦克斯
And you, Max?
你的小号♥呢
Where’s your trumpet?
我放弃了 有一段日子了
I gave it up as well, a while back.
但现在我挺想重新开始
But, you know, now I’m in the mood for starting again.
我满脑子都是点子
I’m busting with new ideas.
我们演二重奏吧 你和我
Let’s start a duo, you and me.
或者组建自己的乐队
Or our own band:
丹尼·布德曼·T·D·莱蒙·1900大乐队
The “Danny Boodman T.D. Lemon nineteen Hundred Big Band!”
想想都激动
It gets the blood going!
我们会声名大噪的
We’d be a smash.
走吧 1900 跟我下船
Come on, Nineteen Hundred. Come with me. Let’s get off.
我们在码头上看船炸飞
We’ll watch the fireworks from the pier,
然后从零开始
and then we’ll start from scratch.
有时候就得这样
Sometimes that’s the way you have to do it.
从头开始
You go right back to the beginning.
只要你还有一个好故事
“You’re never really done for
还可以找个人讲讲
as long as you’ve got a good story
就还不算完
and someone to tell it to”.
记得吗
Remember?
这是你说的
You told me that.
你现在有多少故事啊
Well, what a stack of stories you got now!
世界会聆听你的每一句话
The world would be hanging on your every word,
他们会为你的音乐发狂
and they’d go crazy for your music.
相信我
Believe me.
那大城市
All that city. . .
看不到尽头
You just couldn’t see an end to it.
尽头
The end!
拜托
Please?
能告诉我尽头在哪吗
You please just show me where it ends?
走在舷梯上感觉很好
It was all very fine on that gangway
我穿着那件大衣 真是气派
and I was grand, too, in my overcoat.
挺帅气的
I cut quite a figure.
我当时是真的想下船
And I was getting off, guaranteed.
问题不在那儿
That’s wasn’t the problem.
让我停下的不是我看到的东西 麦克斯
It wasn’t what I saw that stopped me, Max.
是我没看到的
It was what I didn’t see.
你明白吗
Can you understand that?
我看不到的
What I didn’t see.
城市一望无际 我就是看不到尽头
In all that sprawling city, there was everything except an end.
没有尽头
There was no end.
我就是看不到
What I did not see
哪里是尽头
was where the whole thing came to an end,
世界的尽头
the end of the world.
比方说 钢琴
You take a piano.
琴键有始有终
Keys begin, the keys end.
你知道有88个琴键 谁都不能否认
You know there are 88 of them, nobody can tell you any different.
琴键是有限的 你是无限的
They are not infinite, you are infinite.
你能在琴键上演奏出的音乐是无限的
And on those keys, the music that you can make is infinite.
我喜欢这样
I like that.
这我能接受
That I can live by.
可我走上舷梯
You get me up on that gangway
在我面前铺开的
and you roll out in front of me
是成百上千
a keyboard of millions of keys,
成千上万的琴键 永无止境
millions and billions of keys that never end.
事实就是如此 麦克斯 永无止境
And that’s the truth, Max, that they never end.
那琴键是无限的
That keyboard is infinite.
如果琴键是无限的
And if that keyboard is infinite,
那么你在那琴键上是无法演奏的
then on that keyboard there is no music you can play.
你坐错了长凳
You’re sitting on the wrong bench.
那是上帝的钢琴
That’s God’s piano.
老天啊 你看到那些街道了吗
Christ, did you see the streets?
就那些街道都有几千条啊
Just the streets. There were thousands of them.
你要怎么办啊 怎么选择一条街道
How do you do it down there? How do you choose just one?
一个女人
One woman,
一栋房♥子
one house,
一块属于你的地方
one piece of land to call your own,
一片你可以欣赏的风景
one landscape to look at,
一种死去的方式
one way to die.
那么大的世界压在你身上
All that world just weighing down on you.
甚至不知道哪里是尽头
You don’t even know where it comes to an end.
你不怕自己
I mean, aren’t you ever just scared of
想到这些会崩溃吗
breaking apart at the thought of it?
不怕如此生活是多大的负担
At the enormity of living it?
我生在这艘船上
I was born on this ship.
这世界从我身边走过
And the world passed me by,
每次只有两千人
but two thousand people at a time.
这里也有梦想
And there were wishes here,
但那些梦想不会超出船的范围
but never more than fit between prow and stern.
你在一架有限的钢琴上 可以演奏你的幸福
You played out your happiness on a piano that was not infinite.
这是我生活的方式
I learned to live that way.
陆地
Land?
陆地对我来说 是一艘太大的船
Land is a ship too big for me.
是太美的女人
It’s a woman too beautiful.
是太长的航程
It’s a voyage too long.
是太浓烈的香水
Perfume too strong.
是我不会演奏的音乐
It’s music I don’t know how to make.
我不能下船
I could never get off this ship.
我至多可以死去
At best, I can step off my life.
毕竟 对世人来说 我并不存在
After all, I don’t exist for anyone.
你是例外 麦克斯
You’re the exception, Max.
只有你知道我在这儿
You’re the only one who knows that I’m here.
你是唯一的
You’re a minority.
你得接受这个现实
And you’d better get used to it.
对不起 我的朋友
Forgive me, my friend.
但我不会下船
But I’m not getting off.
麦克斯
Hey, Max.
想象我站在天堂门口
Picture the scene at the Golden Gates.
有个人在一张名单上找我的名字 却找不到
Some guy searching a list trying to find my name, not finding it.
你说你叫什么来着
What did you say your name was again?
Nineteen Hundred.
尼曼 南丁格尔 奈斯托克
Niemann, Nightingale, Ninestock…
尼德丁
Nittledeen?
先生 是这样 我出生在船上
Well, you see, sir. I was born on a ship.
你说什么
Beg your pardon?
我这辈子都在一艘船上
Born, raised, and died on a ship.
那上面可能没有我的名字
Maybe I’m not registered there.
是嘛 船失事了
Yeah, shipwreck?
不是 是被六吨♥半的炸♥药♥炸飞
No, six and a half tons of dynamite.
你现在好点了吧
Feeling better now?
挺好的 就是缺了只胳膊
Yeah, I’m fine, except I lost an arm.
胳膊
An arm?
爆♥炸♥时炸飞的
Yes, in the explosion.
你去那边应该能找到一只
Well, you should be able to find one over there.
你缺了哪只胳膊来着
Which one did you say you were missing?
左胳膊 先生
Left, sir.
真是太抱歉了
I’m dreadfully sorry.
我们这儿好像只有两只右胳膊
We only seem to have two rights.
两只右胳膊
Two right arms?
是啊
Yes.
恐怕是这样
Afraid so.
你介不介意…
Would you mind awfully if….
什么
If I what?
拿一只右胳膊顶一下
Well, if you take a right arm instead of a left?
说起来
Well, all things considered,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!