他是溜进头等舱的偷渡客
I’d say he’s a stowaway slipped into first class
想来这儿寻找艳遇
looking for an amorous adventure.
他的眼里印刻着美国
This one’s got America stamped on his eyes.
他会是第一个看见美国的人
He’ll be the first one to see it.
我都能听见他的喊声了
I can already hear him screaming.
美国
America!
辛格尔顿 克莱尔·李
Singleton, Lee, Claire.

Hello?
喂 你不认识我
Hello, you don’t know me,
但我想 或许我们可以聊一会儿
but I was wondering if we could have a little chat
聊天 聊什么
A little chat? What about?
什么都行
About anything you like….
天气呢
Weather conditions?
随便 你选个话题
Anything. You pick or chuck the subject.
这是骚扰电♥话♥吗
Is this an obscene phone call?
天哪
Christ.
你就是那个怪名字的小子吗
You the fish with the twenty-dollar name?
你去哪
Hey, man, where’re you going?
我们只是想跟你谈谈
We just want to talk.

Come on.

Shit!
等等 我们就想跟你谈谈
Hey! Wait! Just want to talk to you!
这是什么地方 哥们
Where hell are we, men?
别动 你个小犊子
Hold still, you little son of a bitch!
快出来
Come on out!
我们不想伤害你
We don’t want to hurt you.
我们是乐手 伙计 伴奏的
We’re players, man. Sidemen.
该死
Damn.
用餐愉快
Bon appetit!
说得好 兄弟 说得好
You can say that again, brother. You can say that again.
你就是那个把十种爵士混在一起演奏的人吗
You the one that plays ten kinds of jazz rolled into one?
老实说
Tell you the truth,
我从来没数过 我就是个钢琴师
I’ve never counted them I’m just a piano player.
那你还是开始数吧 伙计
Well, you would better start counting, buddy.
发明了爵士乐的人派我们来的
The man who invented jazz sent us here.
真的吗
Really?
他想怎样
What does he want with me?
他向你发起了钢琴决斗
He challenges you to a piano duel!
杰利·罗尔 你为何此次乘船去欧洲
Jelly Roll, what’s the reason for a trip to Europe on a steamer?
你之前从没上过
When you’ve never set foot on
比密西西比河江轮更大的船
anything bigger than a Mississippi riverboat.
我对欧洲没有丝毫兴趣
I don’t give a damn about Europe!
我上这艘破船
The only reason why I’m hopping this crappy tub
只是想拜会一位先生
is because there’s a gentleman I want to meet.
人说他的钢琴弹得出神入化
They say he plays a hot piano!
但我听说他有点害怕上岸
But I hear he has a little thing about setting foot on land.
他在说我吗
Is he talking about me?
他就是在说你
You bet, he’s talking about you.
那人说”杰利 有人的钢琴弹得比你好”
…He say,”Hey, Jelly, someone plays better piano than you.”
于是我问自己
So I say to myself:
你说 如果这家伙都没胆下船
Self, how can this cat play so well
又怎么可能弹得一手好琴呢
when he don’t even have the balls to get off the goddamn ship.
该死的 杰利 爵士乐可是你发明的
Hey, hot damn, Jelly, You invented jazz!
我就说”娘的
Well, I say, “Goddamn!
我买♥♥得起去欧洲的头等舱票
“You can afford a first-class ticket to Europe
只要动动指头 连这艘船都能买♥♥下来”
and the boat that’s going to take you just by lifting a finger.”
拍一张 伙计们 快拍一张
Get a shot of it, boys, get a shot!
老实说 你害怕了吗
Tell the truth: Are you scared?
我也不知道
I don’t know.
为什么要决斗
Why a duel?
决斗是要怎么样
What happens when you have a duel?
他是个黑人
He’s a negro!
我想 你坐在我的位置上了
I believe you’re sitting in my seat.
你就是发明了爵士乐的那个人吗
You’re the one who invented jazz, right?
大家都这么说
That’s what they say.
你就是那个 屁♥股♥下面不是大海
And you’re the one who can’t play
就没法弹琴的家伙吗
unless you have the ocean under your ass? Right?
我是这么说的
That’s what I say.
请你让一下[法语]
Excusez-moi, s’il vous pla?t!
杰利·罗尔·莫顿不是在弹琴
Jelly Roll Morton did not play,
他是在爱抚那些音符
he caressed those notes.
琴声如同丝绸划过女人的胴体
It sounded like a silk slip sliding down a woman’s body.
他的手就像蝴蝶 轻盈无比
His hands were butterflies, so light.
他是在新奥尔良的红灯区起家
He got his start in the famed tenderloin districts of New Orleans,
他的弹奏技巧都是在那些妓院学会的
and all did he learn to stroke the keyboard in those whorehouses.
在楼上办事儿的人可不喜欢被人打搅
People doing the deed upstairs didn’t want any uproar.
他们想听到那种
They wanted music that would
掀动帷幔 滑过床底
slip behind the curtains, under the beds,
却又不扰激♥情♥的音乐
without disturbing the passion.
他的演奏就是那种风格
That’s the kind of music he played.
在那方面 他的确是最出色的
And in that, he truly was the best.
太棒了
Bravo!
妙极了
Bravo!
该你了 水手
Your turn, sailor.
加油
Come on.
他在干什么
What’s he doing?
《平安夜》
“Silent Night”?
那不是圣诞颂歌♥吗
Isn’t that a Christmas carol?
他不知道这是场比赛吗
Does he understand it’s a contest?
《平安夜》也算爵士乐吗
I didn’t knew “Silenet Night” was jazz?
已经到圣诞节了吗
Is it Christmas already?
上 杰利·罗尔
Come on, Jelly Roll,
让我们见识一下真正的爵士乐
show us what jazz is all about!
你发什么疯
What is wrong with you?
我忍♥不住
I can’t help it.
这音乐催人泪
Music makes me cry.
所有船员都押在你身上了
The whole crew bet on you!
我押上了一年的薪水
I put a year’s pay on the line!
你却坐在这儿哭鼻子
And you sit here sniffling?
你不许再闹了 好好想想自己要弹什么
Now you cut that out and start thinking your music!
我也能下注吗
Can I bet, too?
不行
No!
押自己会招来坏运的
It’s bad luck to bet on yourself.
我不想押自己
I don’t want to bet on me.
我想押他 他是最好的钢琴师
I want to bet on him. He’s the greatest.
知道吗 你疯了
You are crazy, you know that?
可这样一来 如果你输了
That way, if you lose
我也能把你的钱赢回来
I’ll get your money back.
亲爱的 这曲子跟刚才的一模一样
It’s exactly the same piece of music, darling.
是弹得不错
Yeah, sure, it’s OK.
但这是场比赛啊
But this is a competition.
这下真是要收工了
This is really the end of the line.
真是难以置信
Unbelievable.
别糊弄了 你比这厉害得多
Come on, you can do better than that.
杰利 让他瞧瞧你的厉害
Hey, Jelly, show him how to sink a ship.
还没
Not yet.
吃瘪吧
You stick this up your ass!
麦克斯
Hey, Max?
给我一根烟 好吗
Give me a cigarette, will you?
你都不好好弹
You’re not handling this well.
就给我一根烟吧
Just give me a cigarette.
你不吸烟
You don’t smoke.
你到底怎么回事
What is the matter with you?
你用一只手就能击败这家伙
You could lick this guy with one hand!
你闹什么啊
Come on!
你到底给不给我烟
Are you going to give me a cigarette?
这样下去我们要铲几辈子的煤了
We’ll be chucking coal a couple hundred years,
而你只会说…
and all you can say is…
他妈的 给我根烟 好吗
Give me a fucking cigarette, will you?
这是你自找的 混♥蛋♥
You asked for it, asshole.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!