我最后一次道歉是在1977年
the last time I apologized for anything was in 1977.
我在拍《马力》这部戏时打了一个导演
I punched out a director on the set of Horse Power.
嗯…
Well…
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
我很抱歉这么混♥蛋♥
I’m sorry for being such an asshole.
很抱歉我的所作所为
Leaving the way I did.
我以为这个小小的电影节根本配不上我 但是…
I thought I was too good for this little film festival, but…
事实证明
as it turns out,
是像我这样的人根本配不上它
it’s too good for the likes of me.
赢得这个终身成就奖
Winning this Lifetime Achievement Award
迫使我思考一个长久以来
has forced me to examine an important question
我一直回避的重要问题
that I’ve avoided as long as possible.
我这辈子真正取得了什么成就?
What have I really achieved in this lifetime?
我拍过的大部分电影
Most of the movies I’ve made,
每个人都知道结局
everybody knows the way they’re gonna end.
看了个片头就知道
Right from the first scene.
生命也如此
Life’s kind of like that.
大家都知道结局如何
Everybody knows how it ends.
但过程才是…
But it’s the scenes in the middle…
最重要的
that make it count.
伟大的制片人约瑟夫·E·莱文曾经告诉我
The great producer Joseph E. Levine once told me,
如果你能在第三幕中让观众惊叹不已
“An audience will forgive a shitty act two
他们就会原谅你糟糕的第二幕
if you can wow ’em in act three.”
嗯…
Well…
我演了个很好的开头
I had a hell of an act one.
过程却很糟糕
Pretty shitty act two.
而把结尾的大部分都搞砸了
And I screwed up most of act three.
我确信这一点
I made certain of that.
但是谢谢你们
But thanks to you,
很感谢道格 肖恩 斯图亚特和费思
and thanks to Doug and Shane and Stuart and Faith.
特别是李尔
And especially Lil.
这里的每个人
And everybody here.
你们使我明白
You’ve helped me to see
也许我的好莱坞式的结局还不算来得太迟
that maybe it’s not too late for my Hollywood ending.
因此 怀着谦卑和自豪
And so, with humility and pride
和深深的感激之情
and deep appreciation
我 马丁·乔尔·舒尔曼
that I, Martin Joel Schulman,
田纳西州骄傲之子
proud son of Tennessee,
谦卑地接受这终生
humbly accept this Lifetime,
到目前为止
so far,
成就奖
Achievement Award.
我一定要保证我的余生
And I’m gonna make damn sure that the rest of my life
绝不辜负这一荣誉
lives up to the honor of this.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你 道格
Thank you, Doug.
真不敢相信你整个周末
I can’t believe you just spent the whole weekend
都和维克·爱德华兹在诺克斯维尔度过
in Knoxville with Vic Edwards.
他有没谈起《谋杀你》这部片?
Did he talk about Murder Can Kill You?
有没讲些别的故事?
Did he tell you any stories?
谢谢
Thank you.
嗯 – 再见 马蒂
Hmm. – Bye, Marty.

Hmm.
呃 李尔? 这张你想挂哪儿?
Uh, Lil? Where do you want this one?
那儿
There.

Yeah.
我告诉过你
I told you so.
我知道
I know you did.
你说的很对
And you were right.
终身成就奖 我怎样也能拿一个呢?
A Lifetime Achievement. How can I get one of those?
我能租吗? – 我跟他们说起过你
Can I rent it? – I told them about you
他们似乎很感兴趣
and they seemed interested.
哦 别闹了
Oh, stop it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!