在我背包里 行了吧?!
They’re in my backpack, ok?!
不行!妈妈!
No! Mom!
没事的,一切都会好的
Ok, everything’s gonna be fine.
把她还给我!妈妈!
Bring her back!Mom!
乔,你在干嘛?不要!
Jo, what are you doing?No!
妈妈!求你了,求你了…爸爸,我要她!
Mom! Please, please…Daddy, I want her!
不 妈妈!它们什么也不是!
No, mom! They’re nothing!
它们只不过是些石头,乔!
They’re just rocks!Jo!
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
妈 我们什么也没做!
Mom, we didn’t do anything!
我要米姆兹!妈妈!
I want mimzy!Mom!
诺亚!
Noah!
别说我从来不帮着你哦
Don’t say I never do anything for you.
米姆兹!
Mimzy!
你怎么找到她的?
How did you find her?
在垃圾桶里
She was in the garbage.
别让妈妈看见
Don’t let mom see.
陀螺也找回来了吗?
The spinners too?
他们状况不太好
They’re in bad shape.
他们快要碎了
They’re crumbling.
我们得赶快 诺亚,去干什么?
We have to hurry, Noah.To what?
我得给你看些东西
I’ve gotta show you something.
为什么你给我看这个?
Why are you showing me that?
这是关于爱丽丝的…
It’s about Alice…
穿过镜子的故事
…going through the looking glass.
我觉得这能解释咱们的仪器是干吗用的 爱丽丝·利得尔(小说《爱丽丝镜中奇遇记》主角原型)
I think it explains what the machine is.
等一下
Wait a minute.
那个看起来就像米姆兹
That looks like mimzy.
她怎么会有米姆兹?
How could she have mimzy?
那是一百年前啊
That was 100 years ago.
可能她也有陀螺 诺亚
Maybe she has spinners too, Noah.
可能她没弄懂她自己应该做什么
Maybe she didn’t get what she was supposed to do.
可能她需要一个像你一样的哥哥
Maybe she needed a brother like you.
像我一样 为啥?
Like me, what for?
因为你是我的工程师
Because you’re my engineer.What do you mean, your engineer?
你什么意思 你的工程师?
I mean I can’t do it all alone, Noah.
我是说,我自己一个人是完成不了的,诺亚 诺亚 我得去看看
Noah, I have to look.
艾玛?
Emma?
艾玛?
Emma?
艾玛 怎么了?
Emma, what’s happening?
艾玛!
Emma!
艾玛!
Emma!
艾…
Em!
我的天哪
Oh, my god.
艾玛?
Emma?
艾玛?
Emma!
妈妈!爸爸!
Mom! Dad!
艾玛,怎么回事?
Emma.What is it?
我觉得艾玛受伤了!
I think Emma’s hurt!
等一下 等一下 诺亚!我没事
Hold on, hold on, Noah!I’m all right.
乔!
Jo!
我的天哪!
Oh, my gosh!
艾玛 一切都会好的!待在那里!
Emma, it’s gonna be all right!Hold on!
怎么了?发生什么了?
What is it? What happened?
怎么了?诺亚?
What’s goin’ on?Noah?
怎么回事啊?我没事妈咪 我没事
What’s goin’ on, huh?I’m ok, mommy. I’m ok.
我认为她是做梦来着,她肯定是掉下床了
I think she was dreaming.She must’ve fallen out of bed.
那不是梦,我也没掉下床
It wasn’t dreaming and I didn’t fall out of bed.
我从一面镜子往里看,妈妈
I looked through a looking glass, mommy.
我往里看,就像爱丽丝一样
I looked through it,just like Alice.
你看见什么了?一个奇怪的科学家
What did you see?A strange scientist.
太可怕了
It was scary.
这么着吧 我要把你抱回床上
Know what? I’m gonna put you back into bed.
晚安 诺亚
Good night, Noah.
大卫!
Oh, David!
怀尔德先生 怀尔德太太 让我跟你们解释一下
Mr. and Mrs. Wilder,let me explain this to you.
我们出生的时候拥有1万亿个脑细胞
We are born with over 100 billion brain cells.
连接处叫做神经元的突触…
The connectors are called synapses…
当孩子长到三岁时…
And by the time a child reaches the age of 3…
大脑里面有1000万亿个突触
Its brain has formed about 1,000 trillion of them.
但当我们长大成人时…
But then, as we become adults…
我们失去超过一半连接
…we lose over half of them.
大脑就固定或者说定型了
And the brain becomes rigid or hard-wired.
大脑潜能就会衰退…
All their potential brain power gets reduced…
减少…
…narrows down…
变得专门化
…and specializes.
但是你们的孩子不同
But your children are different.
这张图是…
This is an image of a child’s brain, age 2.
一个小孩两岁时的大脑
This is an adult’s brain.
这是一个成年人的大脑,而这个 是艾玛的
And, in particular, this is Emma’s.
她的大脑发育…不仅没有降低…
Now, not only is her development completely off the charts…
而且这片区域…是新长出来的
But this section is all new growth.
红色和橙色的区域…代表高度的大脑活动
Now the red and orange areas indicate significant brain activity.
令人惊讶的是我们能看见…
What’s so amazing is that we were able to see changes…
在两张不同时间的照片中发生的变化
…in the time in between the different images.
然而目前…
Now, there’s nothing…
文献上未见有这方面的记载
…in the literature that addresses this.
因此,我已经跟我的同事说了…
So, I’ve spoken to my colleagues…
我们希望能做进一步的测试…
…and we would like to schedule some more tests…
越快越好
…as quickly as possible.
如果你们… 同意的话
If that’s… all right with you.
我… 我不知道
Oh, I… I don’t know.
我…
I…
我只是无法相信
I just can’t believe this.
哦,你怎么回来了?连四点都不到
Oh, what are you doing home?It’s not even 4 o’clock.
乔 我跟公♥司♥请了假
I’ve, uh taken a leave of absence from the firm, Jo.
无限期的
Indefinite.
两周 也许更长 直到把事情解决
Two weeks, maybe more,as long as it takes.
我跟同事们说了,告诉他们我们有…点家庭问题…
I talked to the guys, told ’em we have some family problems…
他们没意见
…and they seemed ok with it.
So… here I am.
所以呢… 我就在这了
Oh, here you are.
太好了 你在这儿 谢谢你
Thank you.
确定?完全确定
Are you sure?I am absolutely sure.
爸爸 爸爸!嗨
Daddy, daddy!Hey.
爸 你回来真早
Hey, dad, you’re home early.
爸爸!过来 过来
Daddy!C’mere. C’mere.
你们好吗?
How you doin’?
定是我的包裹,谢谢!
That’s my package pickup.Thanks!
哦!啊!怎么回事?出了什么事?
What’s going on?What’s going on here?
反恐特别小组 闪开
Terrorism task force, stand back.
把所有人带到起居室
Take everybody into the living room.
别碰她!谁是管事的?!
Get away from her!Who’s in charge?!
我要跟管事的讲话!
I wanna speak to who’s in charge!
相信我 你会有的是时间来讲话
You’ll have plenty of time to talk, trust me.
你们是什么人?你们干吗要这样做?
Who are you?Why are you doing this?
他叫布劳德曼,妈妈
His name is Broadman, mommy.
谁告诉你的?
Who told you that?
我们有权知道我们所面临的指控
We have a right to know what we’re being accused of.
这是为什么?
What’s this about?
你们因威胁国♥家♥安♥全♥…
You’re being held for reasons of national security…
根据《爱国者法案》依法逮捕你们,可是我们什么都没做!
…under the patriot act.But we haven’t done anything!
我们知道停电是从什么地方开始的
We know about the power outage, where it originated.
我得去拿点东西
I need to get something.
好吧 你跟她去,是 长官
Ok, you go with her.Yes, sir.
我想知道你有没有搜查令
And I’d like to know if you have a search warrant.
我有合理根据 我不需要搜查令 先生
I got probable cause,I don’t need a search warrant, sir.
妈妈,很抱歉
Mom, I’m sorry.Look.
所有人 马上离开…
I want everybody outta here right now…
到车里去 行动结束 我们走
…and into the vans.Let’s get this shut down. Let’s go.
好 你听见他说的了 我们走