Hello? Hi, honey. It’s me.
喂? 亲爱的 是我
I went to see the doctor today.
我今天去看医生了
‘Cause ever since you’ve been gone,
自从你走后
I had a pain deep down inside.
我就心痛不止
He says there’s nothing really wrong with me.
他说我其实没有病
I’m just missing my man.
只是想念我的男人
So, honey, please…
所以 亲爱的 求你
come on home as soon as you can.
马上回到我身边
♪ Doctor’s orders ♪
医生的命令
♪ Say there’s only one thing for me ♪
只有一种解药
♪ Nothing he can do ♪
他也没办法
♪ ‘Cause only you can cure me ♪
只有你能治好我
♪ Says in my condition ♪
我这种情况
I heard you have a much better chance of getting in if you come by cab.
我听说打车来的人更容易进去
You’re really worried about getting in? Yes.
你真担心进不去? 是啊
I thought you’d been here several times before.
我还以为你经常来这儿玩呢
Not the front way. They were private parties. We came in the back.
没走过前门 都是私人开派对 从后面进的
We look really good tonight. I’m sure we’re gonna get in.
我们今晚这么正点 肯定能进去的
Van.
范
Van. Van, here.
范 范 这里
Let’s get a cab.
我们去打车吧
Maybe you’re right.
也许你说得对
When we get out, don’t stop where the crowd is. Just follow me right in.
下车以后 别跟着人群等 随我直接进去
When we get out, we just follow you in. Yeah.
下车以后 我们就跟你进去 对
Why don’t you put this on. What?
不如你穿上这个吧 什么?
Just until we get inside. I don’t get it.
进去以后再脱 我不懂
Van. Right here. Here, Van.
范 在这边 这 范
Uh, we’re all together.
我们是一起的
Van. Only him.
范 只有他
We’re together.
我们一起的
Come on, Van. This is important.
拜托 范 这对我很重要
These are my friends.
他们是我朋友
You can go in, but they’ll have to wait.
你可以进去 但他们得等
Hey, nice coat.
外套不错
Don’t worry, Jimmy. We don’t care.
别担心 吉米 我们无所谓
I can’t believe it. Yeah. What an asshole.
真不敢相信 是啊 他真是混♥蛋♥
You know, that had nothing to do with you guys.
知道吗?这跟你们没关系
Van just wanted to put me in my place.
范只想给我应有的待遇
Apparently it happens all the time. Jerk.
显然这种事经常发生 混♥蛋♥
It’s happened to you before? No, but it was overdue.
你以前遇上过? 没有 但早该遇上了
None of us really wanted to go anyway. Yeah. We’re exhausted.
其实 我们都不太想去 是啊 我们都累了
No, I really wanted to go.
不 我真的很想去
There’s Jimmy Steinway.
那是吉米·斯泰威
I can’t believe it. He’s already leaving?
真不敢相信 他就走了?
You like him?
你喜欢他?
I could never be interested in anyone who worked in advertising.
我永远不会对广♥告♥行业的男人感兴趣
God, you were right.
天啊 你是对的
This place has gotten really hard to get into.
这里越来越难进了
Who’s the other guy you were interested in?
你感兴趣的另一个男人是谁?
♪ Doctor’s orders ♪
医生的命令
♪ Say there’s only one thing for me ♪
只有一种解药
Oh, God. We made it.
天啊 我们成功了
This is the last time I’m coming here.
这是我最后一次来了
I always wanted to be able to say I got into the club.
我不过想证明自己能进这家夜店
Of course we got in.
我们当然能进了
Who’s the second guy you were interested in?
你感兴趣的第二个男人是谁啊?
Tom Platt. Oh, well, that’s a lot better.
汤姆·普拉特 嗯 他好多了
How do you mean? Well, Tom Platt’s smart and somewhat cool.
什么意思? 汤姆·普拉特聪明又酷
A lawyer involved in environmental causes.
是做环保律师的
Not to mention tall, dark and handsome.
而且还高大黝黑帅气
♪ Every day ♪
每一天
♪ A lovin’ spoonful to be taken ♪
服用满满一勺的爱
♪ It’s the only way ♪
这是唯一可以
♪ To stop this empty heart of mine from breakin’ ♪
治愈我心碎的解药
♪ Won’t get better ♪
无法痊愈
♪ Till you’re back again ♪
直到你归来
Nina. Please, stop.
妮娜 等一下
♪ He told me ♪
他告诉我
Nina.
妮娜
♪ Doctor’s orders ♪
医生的命令
♪ l need your loving arms ♪
我需要你温暖的拥抱
Nina.
妮娜
Please, stop. Wh…
请等一下
McGrath.
麦格拉斯
Nina. Come back here!
妮娜 快回来
It’s not what you think. I –
不是你想的那样 我
I think I’m gay.
我是同性恋
What?
什么?
It’s not possible.
不可能
How?
怎么会?
It’s always been there, I guess.
应该生来就是吧
I’ve only begun to acknowledge it now.
我只是现在才发觉
You really think you’re gay?
你真的认为你是同性恋?
Thanks. Thank you.
谢谢 谢谢你
I was just starting law school when the first up-tempo
费城国际唱片公♥司♥的第一批单曲发行时
Philadelphia International hits broke.
我才刚上法学院
Some people don’t consider that disco, because it’s good…
一些人认为那不是迪斯可 因为太”好听”了
but I remember feeling absolutely electrified.
但我记得我完全被”电”到了
You feel electrified often. No, but this was different.
你经常被”电”到的 但这次不一样
I loved the idea that there’d be all these great places for people to go dancing…
我很喜欢在沉闷的大学生活后
after the terrible social wasteland of our college years.
能有个可以尽情跳舞的地方
You’ve been to a lot of discos?
你去过很多迪斯可舞厅?
No. In fact, practically none.
不 其实就去过一家
For me, law school wasn’t easy…
对我而言 法学院不轻松
and I haven’t had much of a social life since coming to the city either, but…
来到这个城市后 也没有多少社交生活 但
I still consider myself a loyal adherent to the disco movement.
我依然认为自己是迪斯可运动的坚定拥护者
It’s a movement? Sort of.
这也是运动? 算是吧
What I found terribly encouraging was the idea…
让我感到无比振奋的是
that when the time in life came to have a social life…
当到了需要社交的时间
there’d be all these great places for people to go to…
人们会有这么多很棒的地方可去
because, as you’ll remember, for many years, there were none.
因为你也知道 以前根本没有
Yeah. What I didn’t realize…
是啊 我没有意识到的是
is that they’d get so impossible to get into.
这些地方居然这么难以进入
Let’s call it a night. No. Wait. I have an idea.
今晚就算了吧 不 等等 我有个主意
Hey, Jimmy. Here. Take this.
吉米 来 拿着这个
Jimmy.
吉米
Jimmy.
吉米
Hi. Hi.
嗨 嗨
Oh, you’re Des’s friend. Yeah. Hi.
你是德斯的朋友 是的 你好
Where are Marshall and Steve?
马歇尔和史蒂夫呢?
They’ve gone back to the hotel. Jimmy, come on.
他们回酒店了 吉米 算了
I can’t believe it. Jimmy. Let’s go.
真不敢相信 吉米 走吧
♪ Your body, my body ♪
你的身体 我的身体
They wanted me to apologize for them.
他们让我替他们道歉
They were really bushed. What a disaster.
他们真的很累了 太糟糕了
No.
不
♪ Everybody move your body ♪
所有人都摇摆身体
I can’t believe it. Wow.
真不敢相信 哇
♪ Everybody work your body ♪
所有人都摇摆身体
♪ Your body, my body ♪
你的身体 我的身体
♪ Everybody work your body ♪
所有人都摇摆身体
Do you like nightmares? No.
你喜欢恶梦吗? 不
Well, I do.
我喜欢
It’s not obviously connected, but…
联♥系♥不是很明显 但
I think that’s what made me a little more tolerant of the guys at Hampshire.
我想做恶梦也好过忍♥受汉普郡的那群恶心男
What do you mean? You were a bit critical.
什么意思? 你太直率了
The guys there preferred women more laid-back.
男人都喜欢温柔点的女人
I’m laid-back.
我温柔啊
Well, for whatever reason, you didn’t have much of a social life there.
出于某种原因 你在那儿没什么社交生活
I had a social life.
我有社交生活啊